PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans!

gearhead55
06-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Is anyone else watching Le Mans tonight? LMP1 is a close race this year. Le Mans is without a doubt the greatest race of all time.

Mr Miyagi
06-12-2011, 11:32 AM
watched it at 4 this morning, 2 hours or so were left though so I didnt get to see the finish :(

Audi was a long ways ahead and the Pugs began blocking while they were 4 laps down...

Gnnr
06-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Caught some of it. Cars looking sicker than ever.

MikeisNissan
06-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Still wanna see lemans gt classes against super gt classes.

gearhead55
06-12-2011, 04:37 PM
The finish was pretty crazy. both LMP1 and the GTE pro (i think? used to be GT1 class) had finishes where first and second place were on the same lap. Both winners, Audi and Corvette were the last cars alive out of three. I tried to stay up all night to watch but i fell asleep at about 4 and woke up at about 5:30 to watch the last 30 minutes. The cars did look pretty sweet. The Audi lmp1 car was awesome, the corvette, M3, and porsche RSR looked particularly badass.

WanganRunner
06-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I like tuning into this here and there.

I have a tough time really "getting into it" just because it's so long and I've little familiarity with the drivers. I just know Audi always seems to win everything.

gearhead55
06-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Yea i don't follow the whole series, but i love watching the long endurance races. I don't know most of the drivers, but watching the development of the different cars and teams over the course of the race is pretty interesting. I like the fact that drivers can have offs and spins and not be completely out of the race instantly.

And yeah, audi seems to have won a lot in the past couple years. I like seeing the corvettes do well though.