PDA

View Full Version : Craziest Car event in the world comes to the USA!!!

mrdriftordie
06-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Welcome to Powercruise

The Wildest Cruising Car Show You'll Ever Go To!!

Powercruise is Australia’s and New Zealand’s premier modified car event, and known as the place where you can do everything that you’re not allowed to do anywhere else. Powercruise really is the next level in Automotive Entertainment, and now Powercruise is coming to the United States of America.

Powercruise events allow YOU to drive YOUR car on the track along with other like minded petrol heads in the cruising sessions, where you can cruise next to the toughest Modified Street Machines, Hot Rods, Imports or Drag cars wether their turbo charged, supercharged, nitrous injected, naturally aspirated or however it is you like your engines to be…all with your family and friends in the car with you!.

Then we have events like Powerskids, Off Street Drags(old style street flag drop you get the picture!!) Drifting, Burnouts Aussie style, Dyno comps, Show & Shine, Miss Powercruise stage shows, camping and heaps more fun stuff that can only be explained in our DVD clips.

We are currently working on bringing Powercruise events to Brainerd International Raceway MN, Watkins Glen NY, Road America WI and a few other tracks around the country. As dates are set and venue’s are confirmed we will update this page with all of the important information.

As the Powercruise concept is new to American’s, we figured the best way to explain to you what Powercruise is all about, was to show you, so check out our Utube Channel with clips which highlight a single day at an Australian Powercruise event in just 10 minutes… It’s Addictive… VIEW CLIP HERE

You can also watch our Driver Briefing Video which explains what you can and can’t do on track at Powercruise… VIEW DRIVER BRIEFING VIDEO HERE

Check out our photo gallery which has hundreds of photos from Powercruise events in Australia and New Zealand, and there are also some photos from us on the 2010 Hot Rod Power Tour.

Michael Gilbert is the creator of the Powercruise concept and as such has the modified car to back it up. Michael ('Gup' as he is known) has been playing with big horsepower cars since he was 15 years of age and has had a large selection of tough streetcars and Pro Street cars and currently has a 1969 Camaro which runs 7.70’s at 185mph. He also swaps that same engine into his Holden HQ sedan which is a 540ci Chev force fed by a 106mm Turbonetics turbo, Powerglide and 9inch rear with 3.25 gears for long top end tyre smoking action.

Basically 'Gup' started Powercruise because he wanted somewhere for himself and his mates to play up in their highly modified cars so he chose to hire race track venues around the world to get his fix of speed and fun because it’s simply too unsafe and illegal to do all these things on the roads these days. So finding a place where you can everything your not allowed to do on the roads anymore was the driving force behind the Powercruise concept. Check out some of the pictures HERE and you’ll see just how many people have followed him to the tracks to get their fix of fun in their modified cars with their friends.

Of course we also have a long list of safety rules that apply to the events and these can be found on our Australian site in the entrants section and but all of this imformation is also provided to Entrants before they come to a Powercruise event so while all the action does look a little wild, it’s certainly well controlled with over 30 events in 8 years of experience to our name.

In the mean time make sure you register your details to receive more information on Powercruise events in USA by clicking ‘Join Our Mailing List’ button just at the top right of this webpage, and we’ll keep you up to date with the latest news by email newsletters. Or if you have any questions about Powercruise or want to get involved either as a local assistant or sponsor or exhibitor or just a guy with a car that can help us spread the word or Powercruise… just drop us an email to [email protected] and we’ll go from there.

Catch Ya Cruisin…. Gup

grvY0LlOJEA

We'll of course be rocking it at the Powercruise. This looks to be amazing. I juist wanted to spread the word for this amazing event.

whiterps13
06-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Road America Staff is not going to like this one bit.

I dont really get the point. A bunch of fast cars parading a cool track slowly? Seems like a bomb waiting to go off if you ask me.

n8RPS13
06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
I think it could be cool depending on what the rules are!

mattack69
06-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Fuck america bring this shit!

ChaserAero
06-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Seems like you have to trust the other guy to sneak out in front of you then let them go nuts and hope for the best!

chiboy002
06-07-2011, 12:56 PM

I dont really get the point. A bunch of fast cars parading a cool track slowly? Seems like a bomb waiting to go off if you ask me.

its not at road america..?
but yeah they have sticks up their asses. its a fucking race track not a show room floor.

as well as seriously, someone is gonna get into an accident during the 'parade'

whiterps13
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
its not at road america..?
but yeah they have sticks up their asses. its a fucking race track not a show room floor.

as well as seriously, someone is gonna get into an accident during the 'parade'

We are currently working on bringing Powercruise events to Brainerd International Raceway MN, Watkins Glen NY, Road America WI and a few other tracks around the country. As dates are set and venue’s are confirmed we will update this page with all of the important information.
Trust me, Road America will not let that shit fly. At the ALMS races they always kick people out of the parade laps for driving faster than a walking pace. Or some Supra a few years back passed somebody at an apex completely sideways and was kicked out of the track completely. But it was cool.

(.)(.)
06-08-2011, 05:48 PM
o...m...g....

mrdriftordie
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Ok so this event is being held at Brainerd International Raceway in MN.

They have ran the event in Australia for 7 years, 30 some events, and have never had an issue. They have a driver briefing that explains everything, they have never had 2 cars come together.

As far as the parade, it is one portion of the event, it's just for fun, so you can bring a passenger with out on the track.

All the other events going on are not a parade of cars lol. This event is pretty hard core, find there longer event videos on youtube, it's pretty wild for sure.

Also early entry ends on Monday, it's only $90 for the weekend until then, after monday it goes up $40.

So if you plan to attend get the entries in now, we have a huge crew going and have already entered.

theboy
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
This has the potential to be very fun. Anyone down for a convoy up from chi-town?

mrdriftordie
06-09-2011, 01:40 PM
The point of the cruise is so you can take your girl, or your kid or a buddy along for a ride and get on it, in a safe environment, but the rest of the events aren't limited by speed etc.

Like I said, youtube search for powercruise, you won't regret coming up.

A drive up from Chi-town would be well worth it.

I hate to sell you guys on someone elses event, but I have personally met Tony, the guy running it, I have seen his 8 second Holden on the road here in MN. These guys are pulling out the stops.

They are shipping their staff up from Australia, so they could get insurance lol, they are shipping in their own aussie cars, they've got stunt bikers, drift demos, swimsuit comp, monster trucks, mobile dyno, the burnout contest and powerskid, I mean it's just going to be something we've never seen before in the us.

I literally cannot wait!

chiboy002
06-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Trust me, Road America will not let that shit fly. At the ALMS races they always kick people out of the parade laps for driving faster than a walking pace. Or some Supra a few years back passed somebody at an apex completely sideways and was kicked out of the track completely. But it was cool.

oh didnt see that and lol im surprised they let clubfr use their venue

Fonix36
06-10-2011, 12:59 AM
isnt this in the wrong section

mrdriftordie
06-10-2011, 09:06 AM
oh didnt see that and lol im surprised they let clubfr use their venue

ClubFR has never been allowed at BIR. This is the first event of its kind ever in the USA, I know they host an event or two @ Elko Speedway which is where we have our drift series this year, but until now BIR has never opened its gates to drifters...

GT Motion
06-10-2011, 02:55 PM
It looks like a really big event, with a lot of random stupid stuff and some cool stuff.

slowboy
06-19-2011, 01:29 AM
interesting event

mkezzo16
06-19-2011, 02:13 AM
bring it to the west coast a n im there

bftII40
01-09-2012, 01:01 PM
I guess the best way to ruin an event of that caliber is to bring it over to the US monkeys.

Jk
Jk
Only time will tell though. Hah.

LBCtoofortee
01-10-2012, 02:58 AM
sooooounds good. haha

shoulda been in california

GoingHam
01-11-2012, 06:18 AM
sounds pretty cool! come to NJ!

s13_maJiK
01-15-2012, 07:37 PM

I agree, there pretty strict there. This is something i'd want to check out though

bogert
01-21-2012, 09:26 AM
That,s really one of the biggest car event in this world. and I hope america will enjoy it a lot.

Bigalow311
02-07-2012, 01:27 PM
^^
Ban the Terrorist....??

I'm joking but I'm not going to MN to be part of this. Hopefully, they have a venue in NJ, GA/FL, and Cali.

Nicelyphe
02-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Bring something to PA, WTF

tunermt
03-10-2012, 12:28 AM
lots of potential here, why not make this happen!? Good luck working this out with the track though, suppose this is one of those who has a friend working with the track type of situations ;)

tracksidetuning
03-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Drifting? or... POWERSKID!!!

chwks13
03-27-2012, 12:14 AM
They have ran the event in Australia for 7 years, 30 some events, and have never had an issue. They have a driver briefing that explains everything, they have never had 2 cars come together.

Yes. But this isn't Australia. This is 'Merica.