PDA

View Full Version : X-Men First Class

exitspeed
06-06-2011, 05:06 AM
I wasn't really looking forward to this movie. I figured I'd see it when it came out on dvd er blu-ray.

Then I saw IGN very positive review of it and kinda got pumped to see it.

Saw it yesterday, and DAMN it was a good movie.

Professor X was a pimp, and just all around cool guy and Magneto was a serious bad ass. Their relationship in the movie was done so well. The acting was some of the best acting in a super hero movie. You almost forgot you are watching one.

And who knew Kevin Bacon was in it. I don't even recall seeing him in a trailer. Weird.

There's a surprise cameo in it too that had the whole theater busting out laughing. I was chuckling minutes later thinking about it. Awesome.

Go see this movie. Easily the best X-Men movie to date. Easily.

LoneStarSilvia
06-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Think I'll make my way out to see it tomorrow.

Om1kron
06-06-2011, 05:34 AM
it was a good movie for what it was, but if they're considering this a reboot and not a prequel then that will explain the plotholes in the movie.

zac 3ne2nr
06-06-2011, 05:50 AM
I was quite happy , enjoyed it alot. Now all my xmen knowledge is based on just a few cartoons in the 90s and the current movie franchise. The choice of actors was very well done and that kept alot of people interested.
I know they're alot of passionate followers from the comics that'd say there were deviations but the larger marketing audience are those that don't :(

** got to love when they tried to recruit Wolverine though

slider2828
06-06-2011, 10:22 AM
What was the cameo? The wolverine thing? I for one thought it was a pretty decent movie actually as well. I was thinking meh... looks stupid but yeah the story moved and the relationships were done really well. And man the Frost / Diamond Dust girl is so hot! LOL

nismo 240sx
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
why is that they make movies and there no in order? from what i see it should be this one first then the wolverine one then 1,2, and 3...

qwerth
06-06-2011, 11:13 AM
awesome movie man!

exitspeed
06-06-2011, 11:56 AM
What was the cameo? The wolverine thing? I for one thought it was a pretty decent movie actually as well. I was thinking meh... looks stupid but yeah the story moved and the relationships were done really well. And man the Frost / Diamond Dust girl is so hot! LOL

Yeah the Wolverine part. I didn't want to ruin it.

captainfalco
06-06-2011, 12:45 PM
It's worth not waiting for imo.

SochBAT
06-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Maybe I'm just the odd one out, but I thought it sucked Balls.

NERDY BUT VALID NITPICKING.

Why in good god would Azazel follow Shaw? I can't think of one valid reason. "Shaw seemed badass, so we kicked it."

January Jones/Frost didn't have any impact in that movie at all. You could replace her with any female mutant and it would still work out the same.

Riptide? Is he a mute?

Shaw was more like Bishop than himself. WTF.

Mystique looked retarded as shit in her "real form." why couldn't they just use temporary dye for those scenes instead of a bulging piece?

Beast transforming into his more feral form? They could've made him most simian and less cat, but they just went for the Pussy look. Every time he got on screen I thought, "Lion-O and Panthro must've fucked..." They could have build up his character and fleshed him out so damn well, but they didn't. THAT was really disappointing.

Pixie/Angel? Bitch didn't have any impact in the movie. To me, just more tits to stare at.

Darwin. Seriously. Couldn't just have thought of something intangibly indestructible when Shaw put his balls in his mouth? Best cumshot ever.

Fassbender/Magneto. I tried my best to like his character, and it worked. I really like Fassbender's acting, and I feel he plays a real solid role. Granted, while I shouldn't be comparing this movie to Singer's XMEN, I don't see how a badass like Fassbender's portrayal could become such a panzie in X 1, 2 and 3.

McAvoy. Again, I tried to like his character, but he just doesn't have that same presence. I like how they showed him using his powers for his own physical gains (or attempts to) but thats not what he does. They could have beefed up his relations with Magneto more during their power training, but again, I feel the movie was rushed as shit.

Rose Byrnes/Moira. She's hot. She should be Scottish. She isn't. She was out of place. Still hot.

First Class? No. First Ass. Why call it that when you don't even use X's first students? The title eludes to that but falls very short. It would have fit in within the XMEN:Origins movie line well, but not first class.

I'll rant more later. Critique!

Quail
06-06-2011, 01:07 PM
What was the cameo? The wolverine thing?

At least give us the courtesy of a spoiler alert! :rant2:

frsh4
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
-yeah i didnt like that they called it First Class and used the wrong mutants.
cyclops jean grey iceman beast & angel [the real Angel] were the First Class mutants.
-for all of his power shaw was taken out pretty easily..

overall i enjoyed the movie, i hoped the fight scenes would've been better..they shouldve used stronger mutants. but the plotline and the way they set it up for the sequel was great.

lol. that wolverine scene was funny.

camaro379ss
06-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I like all the x men I kinda thought this one wasnt as interesting (still enjoyable) but i fully understand why because they had a full backround to explain.....kinda like the last harry potter that came out.

Yea the wolverine part was f***ing hilarious among some other pretty funny parts.

Freddy
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
The movie is better because marvel has a bigger part in it, with marvel studio. Since marvel studio has been around every movies has been better.

camaro379ss
06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
-yeah i didnt like that they called it First Class and used the wrong mutants.
cyclops jean grey iceman beast & angel [the real Angel] were the First Class mutants.
-for all of his power shaw was taken out pretty easily..

overall i enjoyed the movie, i hoped the fight scenes would've been better..they shouldve used stronger mutants. but the plotline and the way they set it up for the sequel was great.

lol. that wolverine scene was funny.

Well colossus and nightcrawler were some of the originals but werent introduced until x-men last stand.

frsh4
06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Well colossus and nightcrawler were some of the originals but werent introduced until x-men last stand.

they were in x2..

slider2828
06-06-2011, 02:02 PM
At least give us the courtesy of a spoiler alert! :rant2:

Sorry.... I didn't really think it mattered, cause it seemed outta place as all helll anyways.....

I think the movie was made to be "cool" but doesn't even tell the story remotely correctly... oh wellz its hollywoodized

wangan_cruiser
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
as long hollywood is involve, any story will be ruin

LoneStarSilvia
06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Sooo, should I spend my money watching this, or Hangover 2?

FaLKoN240
06-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Jesus Christ this thread should be called SPOILER ALERT.

WERDdabuilder
06-06-2011, 04:47 PM
the "slave" part alone was worth the 6$. i think my friend and i were the only ones laughing in the theatre.

good movie.

camaro379ss
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
they were in x2..

oh right sorry i got them mixed up I watched the entire set before I saw first class so they all kinda blurred together you are correct.

SimpleS14
06-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Jesus Christ this thread should be called SPOILER ALERT.

YEA SRSLY :facepalm:

camaro379ss
06-06-2011, 05:27 PM
In my opinion just mentioning the scene isn't really spoiling it cause nobody has stated what happened....nor any specific details on other things yet anyways......

SochBAT
06-06-2011, 05:37 PM
SPOILER.

Baldy and Human Magnet scout Wolvie.

"Fuck off..."

Hilarity ensues.

camaro379ss
06-06-2011, 05:50 PM
^^^^^lol.

close but not completely accurate

drift freaq
06-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Sooo, should I spend my money watching this, or Hangover 2?

Easy, this blows hangover2 out of the water. Shit people are complaining about this movie and from the standpoint of a Movie it was actually really well done.
Sure it was not completely comic book correct. Though for most people it did kind of a give the series a backing.

You geek guys just need to calm yourselves down and stop whining. It's chewing gum for the brain. Nothing more , stop getting your painties in a bunch.

Oh and yes Hangover2 sucked compared to Hangover. This holds up much better to previous X men movies.

SochBAT
06-06-2011, 06:20 PM
This holds up much better to previous X men movies.

This is true, but sadly, IMHO, it doesn't say much.

The movie would have been so much better if it really gave the characters more depth.

Some scenes from my mind that, I think, would have made the movie better.

------------------

Some fucking in-fighting. Havok poked and jabbed at Beast for being a freak. Beast, in his furry form, grows some backbone and stands up for himself. Havok + Beast + Alpha Male complex = Fight! Build up on Havoks inability to control his powers correctly, emphasize on Beast learning his limitations and bounds, end with Beast kicking Havok's ass.

Beast offers a hand/foot to pick Havok up, close up of Havok's angryface, transition that face into the "Oh you! You got me good buddy!" face. End Scene.

+10 to Beast's Man Points
+15 to Havok's Humbleness.

-------------------

Magneto + Raven insight. Rather than a simple and soft talk in the bedroom, have Maggy be pissed to shit that Raven hides her true self. Powerful monologue about wearing your skin proud, references to HOLLA!!!Caust, fist slamming into dresser, "I wear my scars proud." Shoot to Maggy, looking at his serial numbers again.

+10 to Maggy's Pent-Up Rage.
+15 to Raven's "I'm going to switch sides, and fuck his Purple and Red brains out."

-------------------

Frost + The entire movie

DO SOMETHING. IMPACT SOMETHING. I would have loved it if they hinted at some attraction between X and Frost. Seriously. Two telepaths cross paths and they don't even care about that shit? Thats like finding your long-kidnapped sister and not wanting to reconnect. Some mental probing, illusions to "I see good in your FrostTits... You are a diamond in the rough, just waiting to shine."

Interrogation scene in Cuba

Scene ends with a nod at Frost leading the future XMen in X's death/vanishing/some shit.

------------------

Maggy + Shaw fight scene.

Rather than be in a Rubix Cube talking and pushing shit, it should've been outside. For some random reason, both teams aren't able to help their leaders, and only watch and cheer. Shaw absorbs the shit out of the reactor and fights with maggy. Shaw throws shit, Maggy blocks with some wreckage shrapnel. It goes on and progressively corners Maggy in a, TA-DA! corner! Shaw is about to land the final blow, but a smug Maggy retorts, "I've been waiting for this day for years. Everything you did, I planned steps ahead. I severed the heads of your dragons, I've demolished your castle, and now, I come for the King."

Zoom the fuck out!

Shaw slowly turns around to see every piece of metal that was used to deflect shit hovering, taut in place, energized with the energy he used. Right before Shaw can turn around and blast Maggy, shit goes slow motion. ProfX is screaming at him to not do it! "BABY, NOOOOO!!!!"

Maggy motions to crush the shit out of Shaw with his own powers and gives him a nice pretty make-shift coffin. It then implodes.

The scene continues with him and X fucking around, yada yada yada.

There was, again, so much room for improvement in this movie. They had a perfect chance to really set the pieces right with this movie, and to me, it flopped. Yes, it still was entertaining. The story was decent, but I had higher hopes.

I found myself doing this through a lot of the movie.
:picardfp:

camaro379ss
06-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Sure it was not completely comic book correct. .

Who cares if its comic book correct. If a movie is badass its badass. That the exact reason why I am an advocate against reading....it ruins movies.

My buddy read the entire harry potter series and does nothing but complain about what they left out and what really happened. I havent read it and dont care to. i am excited when things like the harry potter movies and x-men movies and such come out.

The thing to remember like drift freaq said is its chewing gum for the brain. Just sit back and enjoy nothing more nothing less.:coold:

And to the post above thats a crap ton of scenes to read through I am gonna guess its more spoilers.:wiggle: You enjoy this way too much lol. And yes I expected more as well but still was badass

fckillerbee
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I always have higher hopes with "marvel" movies. But in all reality. it's a movie. They aren't going to make it like the comics.

Now to think of it....what marvel movie has been like the comics. None. Shiiiit...they had to remake HULK cause it sucked so much. lol.

None the less...great movie. Much enjoyed. Storyline was enough to keep most people interested. Kevin Bacon played a good part...even though I really dislike him as an actor.

WERDdabuilder
06-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I guess you are just socially insensitive about Nazi's deathcamps and the fact that it was not just 6 million jews but 18 million people overall. Which is definitely not something to be laughed at period.

I guess you should think about that.

do you know what scene im talking about? cause the slave part wasnt about the nazi deathcamps.

SochBAT
06-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Those weren't scenes, those were my interpretation of scenes that should have been.

lawrenceyang
06-07-2011, 05:40 AM
just watched it, wasnt bad i thought. shaws powers really didnt get shown too much but i think someone mentioned earlier that this is going to be a trilogy and is setting up for more action in the next two

180sExy
06-07-2011, 07:54 AM
When Xavier an Eric go see Gene in Xmen last stand when she is a kid was Xavier walking??? If so totally screws up the story line

camaro379ss
06-07-2011, 08:44 AM
^^^I think you are right.

240sxcure
06-07-2011, 10:42 AM
When Xavier an Eric go see Gene in Xmen last stand when she is a kid was Xavier walking??? If so totally screws up the story line

He was walking but I think this film was more of a re-boot prequel than trying to follow the continuity of the previous films.

Seeing as how Wolverine had a cameo in first class, but it would seem like they first time Prof. X and Wolverine is in the original Xmen movie.

drift freaq
06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
do you know what scene im talking about? cause the slave part wasnt about the nazi deathcamps.

excuse my comment then I will edit it.

conrad_s13.5
06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
wasnt too eager to see it.........till this thread.
Think i'll go see it....lol

frsh4
06-08-2011, 01:05 PM
did anyone hear about that Magneto spin off they were going to try to do a couple years back?
i would go watch a Fassbender Magneto movie :]

cc4usmc
06-08-2011, 01:34 PM

I noticed that too. Def not a small detail in my opinion.