PDA

View Full Version : can a person have an opinions on forums??

unpaintedhatch
06-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Just a simple question can one person have an opinion about something popular and not get grilled i notice this alarming trend on many forums? and when the original poster does there best to explain this person is either flamed or banned...

upsdude
06-02-2011, 09:33 PM
last time i checked that was the zilvia way lol

ManoNegra
06-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Sure, if they can manage to write a coherent thought down.

ps, try again.

curbhuggerrps13
06-02-2011, 10:03 PM
:squint: depends......how much you got on you?

DALAZ_68
06-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Sure, if they can manage to write a coherent thought down.

ps, try again.

this...

ohh snap its happening again! :drama:

SimpleS14
06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Is there a back story to this that I'm missing?

IMO (no pun intended)...everyone can state their opinions. It's most common that not everyone is on the same page about it online or IRL.

Brian
06-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Poor English grammar.

ManoNegra
06-02-2011, 10:13 PM
.... so, is this going anywhere other than locksville?

Bambi
06-02-2011, 10:15 PM
You have to have a ton of posts to be respected. So spam a lot and you can have people agreeing to your opinions even if they it's wrong.

ROOOOOOOAD TRIP TO LOCKSVILLE!

curbhuggerrps13
06-02-2011, 10:28 PM
You have to have a ton of posts to be respected. So spam a lot and you can have people agreeing to your opinions even if they it's wrong.

ROOOOOOOAD TRIP TO LOCKSVILLE!

hence why no one likes me till i get a million post and ive been here for a while.

airforceone451
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
It's always been like this, there's no "alarming trend" happening. There's always a sort of hivemind that occurs on any online forum where people can remain anonymous. By hivemind I mean a group of ideas and actions that most users will gravitate towards. If your opinion is the dissenting opinion then by definition it will be unpopular with the majority of forum users.

The solution is not to get butthurt at what some anonymous forum user who you'll never meet says. Treat them as if they were a rowdy 5 year old and ignore them (if it really bothers you that much). After all, they're just looking for attention.

SochBAT
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I always used to go against the grain in a lot of style-based opinions. I dislike the snow-plow aero and stupid slammed ride height but it ultimately comes down to grammar IMHO.

I don't waste my time reading posts that aren't grammatically and punctually correct because, I feel, if the end user didn't "waste" time spell checking their posts, I shouldn't spend my time reading it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, it is just wording it and presenting it that makes or breaks a post.

Do I honestly want to read a stonewall no-punctuation paragraph? FUCK NO.

ManoNegra
06-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I always used to go against the grain in a lot of style-based opinions. I dislike the snow-plow aero and stupid slammed ride height but it ultimately comes down to grammar IMHO.

I don't waste my time reading posts that aren't grammatically and punctually correct because, I feel, if the end user didn't "waste" time spell checking their posts, I shouldn't spend my time reading it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, it is just wording it and presenting it that makes or breaks a post.

Do I honestly want to read a stonewall no-punctuation paragraph? FUCK NO.

I agree with you 100% Sooshi
does that mean you hate me now?

Toi
06-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Impossible

1. The person with the ENGLISH major says "No" and said English or College know it all graduate with no common sense will die from lack of electricity one day (TRUE STORY BRO)
2. The know it all
3. The one-upper
4. The angry at everything
5. Tried and true is perfect don't think outside the box
6. The band wagon gang....

I am sure there are more.........

ronmcdon
06-02-2011, 10:38 PM
there's no guarantee ever you won't meet disagreement for expressing your opinions.
that's just life.

unpaintedhatch
06-02-2011, 10:51 PM
there's no guarantee ever you won't meet disagreement for expressing your opinions.
that's just life.

I like your response ^^ just thought i would ask questions and my grammar shouldn't be picked apart unless you are doing it for the "lolz" or trolling either one has been done plenty of times before...

upsdude
06-02-2011, 11:02 PM
if u cant take criticism from anonymous ppl behind a keyboard you'll always feel the way you do now. if you have an opinion, state it. someone calls you a name who cares lol.

Mr Miyagi
06-02-2011, 11:10 PM
The internet is full of 14 year olds with text claiming them to be 22-25. Get over it, on occasion you'll find a friendly forum.

By the way, a nissan forum is hardly mature at all, if you want a mature forum, go buy a Saab.

Bambi
06-03-2011, 12:07 AM
hence why no one likes me till i get a million post and ive been here for a while.

I feel ya man. I'm on this other forum about videography&photography of skateboarding and I had always tried to give people help and give my opinions on their videos and would be ignored and my videos wouldn't get any attention or positive critique. Years later and at around 3k posts I have an army of people riding my nuts wherever I post and I'm no different then when I first got on that forum with a couple posts under my belt. I don't care but I just think it's dumb/funny how somebody's post count means more then what they're posting and saying.

ThatGuy
06-03-2011, 04:53 AM
On behalf of Zilvia, and forums all across the web, allow me to say this:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8172/tumblrll4ipgypfy1qayhrz.jpg

:lockd: