PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Forums?

exitspeed
05-31-2011, 12:06 PM
I've been looking around for some good Subura Legacy forums. I've found a few and see that some none Legacy specific forums have a Legacy section, but I'm not sure what the cultures are like with those cars.

Anyone have any insight into how people are with these cars?

I've found a few with nice fitting wheels and slammed, but not too many.

I'm hoping to buy one soon (within a year) and I just like to do a lot of research before hand.

I'm specifically looking to only a buy a 05 Legacy Wagon GT manual. Yes, I know they are extremely rare, but I'm prepared to do what I need to do to buy one.

aziankingz
05-31-2011, 12:22 PM
LegacyGT.com - that is the one i am on. I also have a 05 LGT, but in 5EAT - love the car, except when it came time to change the spark plugs lol. The site has a lot of helpful users and don't rip you a new one for asking questions that were asked already in the past. There is also a pre-purchase forum there as well, for those with questions like yours about a specific Legacy.

Wake
05-31-2011, 12:25 PM
i have been considering buying an older legacy sedan or wagon (non outback) and i have also looked for some forums and havent found much.

then i put on my nissan thinking cap and decided to go look for interchangeable parts from imprezas and other subies. i had a little luck with that but still not much info out there.

i love that gen of legacy i wish i could afford one. right now im just gonna try and find a safe awd beater that i can dump on some cheap wheels and haul engines around in.
I will post up in this thread if i find any more info or forums.

Fearell
05-31-2011, 12:28 PM
I loved mine I had an 05 GT, but some asshole totaled it :(

legacygt.com and nasioc.com are your best bets.

g00se
05-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah Nasioc is probabaly your best bet.

I love legacy gt wagons, was looking for one for the longest time but every time I found one on CL someone bought it out from under me.

Ended up settling on a forester xt.

exitspeed
06-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Good to know guys, thanks.

So do people do nice fitting/flush wheels on those cars?

Also, are there any shops/online stores that are recommended over others? Like in the 240 community we have our handful of really good places to buy parts from and then there's a ton of shitty ones. I coulnd't seem to find any that carried factory aero. I'm probbaly going to keep the motor stock for a long time, but would like to get the JDM STI aero.

Wake
06-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Gruppe-S Engineering (http://www.gruppe-s.com/) Has been a reliable place for me to find subie parts.

Also a lot of "our" sites carry subie stuff too like rhdjapan and frsport. And site like japanparts.com always help me find out what parts are out there and then i try to find them for cheaper as that site is a bit pricey.

aziankingz
06-01-2011, 02:27 PM
They rave about fredbeans also..

xX240-SXx
06-01-2011, 02:41 PM
NASIOC I think they have a thread just for legacy owners