PDA

View Full Version : My Sig....VLSD Sticker....Random Venting....dont read unless your bored.

twitchy
10-23-2003, 12:08 PM
okay, first off, i want to know if anyone has the pic in their sig sometimes work and sometimes not work. Mines in Sony Imagestation. Im starting to wonder why its not always there when I post

Second off, why do people not like the sticker I had made for my car? I dont have a problem with criticism whatsoever, we all have opinions and I respect everyones, even if they dont like something of mine.

In fact I really dont care cause im starting to send them out and make some money from them.

But I dont get it tho. My money is spent making my car look, act and feel like, exactly like, a 1993 240SX as it came out of the factory and it will continue to look and sound like this for as long as I own it. I get complimented everywhere I go down here on my car when people see it, you name it, Gas Station, mall, school...everyone gives me thumbs up or "nice car!" and theres not a damn thing done to it except for a whole lot of babying. 240's are also very very rare where I live, by my count there are 4 in my town Ive ever seen..population 100,000 ish.

Some people have their spoilers, drift kits, bigger exhaust, rims, etc...but the second I sway from my totally stock theme, everyone has something to say about the little 4 inch sticker on my back bumper. Whats not to like?

Its Truthful: Indeed, my car has VLSD. And I even the SEARCH button to find out how to figure out that my car had the VLSD.

Its Stock Lookin: Although not stock (the sticker) I spent a lot of time and money to make it look as though it was

Its Discreet: Not huge, bright orange with some kind of logo, but discreet and it doesnt make the back end look too busy.

Im sorry to vent, but I dont get the logic. Can anyone help me? Does anyone buy a 240SX to keep it in immaculate shape and maintain its high resale value? To keep as a reminder, a keepsake from Nissans rich sportscar history?

Lastly today I would like to talk about idiots. Some idiot ruined my drive home the other night by busting open a 4 liter jug of motor oil in the middle of the apex of the onramp I was taking home. If not for my cat like reflexes (numbed as they were by the previous hour of eating wings and drinking (one) beer) I would have been off the edge of the rock cut. Who would do something like this? I went to the local cop station and asked them to send a clean up crew.

Well its nice to get stuff off my chest once in a while. Sorry for the story, but I read all the other ones posted when people want to vent too!

Dousan_PG
10-23-2003, 12:13 PM
imagestation sometimes goes down for repairs and all, it will be back soon.

i dont like the sticker because its..well. vlsd sucks. its stock. nothing special. putting it on that area too? c'mon. its so lame.

now, in the dopiest voice you can do:
----
wow i got a vlsd look at me! wooo wooo. i can do a burn out. it engages slow, it overheats, i can run olive oil in it because it doesnt matter because the fluid is separate. weeee look at me.
----
that's what the sticker says to me.

but that's just me.

sucks about the oil stuff. :( glad to see you survived! woot! be safe. lots of crap on the roads out there

twitchy
10-23-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by dousan36

----
wow i got a vlsd look at me! wooo wooo. i can do a burn out. it engages slow, it overheats, i can run olive oil in it because it doesnt matter because the fluid is separate. weeee look at me.
----

You make me laugh sometimes.

What it says to me is that when I decide to smoke the tires I wont get laughed at for leaving one stripe.

Dousan_PG
10-23-2003, 12:20 PM
i agree
one tire burn outs are pathetic

its like a 3 legged dog. you feel sorry for it, but at the same time your laughing at it.

DuffMan
10-23-2003, 12:25 PM
When I first saw your VLSD sticker I thought it was a bit unusual, but then I started thinking about why people put stickers on their cars.

My first conclusion was to that they want to show the brand name or place where they got a certain part from. Like a brand on a piece of clothing.

But thinking about it, its really more than that. Why do people buy those stickers that run down the door. Usually the people who put those on their civics, cavaliers or whatever dont have half if any parts from the companies on that list. One might say they are trying to say they have stuff that they dont, but I think its more than that. Its that the stickers convey a certain message about the car. In the case of the ricer, its that their car is a race car. More or less. That and the astethic (sp?) value of it. You have to admit, those stickers on the door look kind of cool. Even though its been done to death, it does look cool.

So there are 2 reasons people put stickers on their car.

1 looks cool
2 coveys message about their car

On one of my 240's the previous owner put a K&N Filtercharger sticker the rear triangle window. My first instict was to rip it off (especially since he must have removed the filter because it didnt have one when I bought it :mad:) but now I'm thinking I might keep it for a while at least.

Why because its just a sticker. Its not a big deal. So anyways, back to your sticker. It looks cool. It conveys a message about the car (was the higher option package). So if you like it why not keep it. Its not like you are trying to make your car out to be something its not.

mrmephistopheles
10-23-2003, 12:29 PM
i don't like your sticker either. it isn't stock looking to me.
For one, it's LARGER than the manufacturer's desgination! (the nissan sticker on the hatch) That's just weird looking to me.
Second, a truly stock VLSD sticker is on the differential cover itself, not the rear bumper.
Look at the 180sx in japan. It has (or came available with) a sticker that reads 'Twin Cam Turbo Intercooler' that went on the lower tailight panel. The block lettering was the same size as the Nissan lettering if not a bit smaller. It didn't stick out in any way shape or form. If you put that vlsd sticker on a car colored other than black, it'd probably look 10x more ghey. (in my humble opinion)

Anyway. Sorry i don't like your sticker. VLSDs are not really any big deal. Not like i try to make a big deal of ANY mod i do to my car, i'd just be tempted WAAAAY less to make a stink about a vlsd.

Heartwork
10-23-2003, 12:33 PM
to me its totally unecessary....
it's the same effect if i put a 5-speed sticker or ABS sticker on my car:o

Stee Flo
10-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Well what is the point of having a vlsd sticker? Your just advertising a factory option basically. Its like if i had ABS and put an ABS sticker on my car because i feel special. If you had a Zilvia sticker in that same place, no one would care.

SlideStar
10-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Ya your sticker looks out of place. If you want to show people
you have an LSD, try drifting! haha

p.s What kind of LSD do you have dousan?

Stee Flo
10-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Nismo SSS...oh wait my name aint Dousan:o

Dousan_PG
10-23-2003, 12:48 PM
yeah Nismo SSS
my next s13/s14..whatever will get the GTPro
my friend w/ a Z32tt will buy the GTPro for his car. its soo worth the money. 6 lsds in one.

i put the SSS sticker on my car,i wont deny. i am a ricer, but we all know that already (i mean c'mon, its obvious, look at my car)

mostly for bling purposes and people always ask me at the track..so if they jsut read.....ah q answered and they dont have to ask. :)

SlideStar
10-23-2003, 01:11 PM
so the GTPro its like the SSS but with larger more cluch plates?
how much did your friend pay for his??

Dousan_PG
10-23-2003, 01:14 PM
will buy=future
pretty soon
price..cant say. never is near retail haha

yea quite a few difference
go to www.nismo.co.jp for all that info.

SlideStar
10-23-2003, 01:49 PM
cool thanks dousan.

I think stickers on your car are fine as long
as it's tasteful.A VLSD sticker on your car
is like me putting an "I have A/C" sticker on
my car. imo of course.

SilviaDriver
10-23-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
i agree
one tire burn outs are pathetic

its like a 3 legged dog. you feel sorry for it, but at the same time your laughing at it.

man thats not even funny laughing at a 3 legged dog

back to the topic

that thing is ugly! y in the world would Nissan make a big ass decal that says VLSD for? nowhere have i seen Nissan make a decal that big even for the word "nissan" its NO WHERE near STOCK looking

if i were to put a LSD sticker on my car id do it the same way Honda did for the ITRs

http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/twincamtech/dohcvteclsdsticker.jpg

nocomedown
10-23-2003, 04:07 PM
i have a "The Verve" sticker on my car. on most occasions, i have all of their CDs in my car - which is a very rare thing for anybody in america. i think this really sets me apart from the everyday driver on the road:rolleyes: . british music > you
seriously though, stickers arent that bad. as said above, its all about personal opinion. personally, id rather put a Verve sticker on my car than a VLSD sticker or a Nismo SSS sticker or whatever, but i dont think any less of any of you for putting whatever sticker(s) you want on your car.

240Dave
10-23-2003, 06:45 PM
vlsd sticker: does not look stock. as other said, too large and in the wrong place.
Response from those who don't have one: so what...big deal
Response from those who do have one: OK, so what

verve sticker: doesn't look stock, isn't supposed to. design is ok. in a good location.
Response from those who don't: so what
Response from those who do: HEY COOL, LOOK VERVE STICKER, I LOVE THAT BAND

I didn't have a problem with the vlsd sticker until you started a thread joking on someone else with a "visual enhancement" that serves no more purpose than yours.

I have a vlsd and I don't care who knows about it and who doesn't. by not having a vlsd sticker I'm doing more to preserve a nissan sports car.

nocomedown
10-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 240Dave
verve sticker: doesn't look stock, isn't supposed to. design is ok. in a good location.
Response from those who don't: so what
Response from those who do: HEY COOL, LOOK VERVE STICKER, I LOVE THAT BAND

:D 240dave has got it down

whateverjames
10-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Doesn't everyone in Canada have a VLSD? :)
Your next stickers should be "Manual Seatbelts" "Daytime Running Lights".
Just messing around. That sticker doesn't bother me. It's just different :D

Chernobyl
10-24-2003, 12:04 AM
I'm gonna make a sticker like that reading "BASE MODEL" and put it on my S14. That way, everyone will know I don't have LSD, power locks, ABS, and am missing 4 wheel studs!

JK, sorry I just had to. It's your car, modify it as you wish. I thought about posting pics of my ghetto "mod" last night, but I don't want to start drama with the purists here. I don't need people telling me what they think I'm doing wrong, its just a hobby.:gives:

Sorry to hear about the oil thing, glad you made it out ok.

Stee Flo
10-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Chernobyl
I'm gonna make a sticker like that reading "BASE MODEL" and put it on my S14. That way, everyone will know I don't have LSD, power locks, ABS, and am missing 4 wheel studs!
Hey hook me up;)

If you wanted a useful sticker you could have made a small "rwd" sticker and place it on the lower rear window like the Subarus "awd" sticker. That way if you get towed, the tow truck might not confuse your car for a probe and tow it with the rear wheels on the ground:p
I shouldnt encourage him.

RBS14
10-25-2003, 01:50 AM
This is a very interesting topic.

About the sticker, its too big and in the wrong place, besides that it could be ok.

A friend and i were talking about this the other day......stickers that is. He isn't going to put on any stickers unless it is a company that sponsors him or something that he has strong affiliation with. However I on the other hand put both my Kaaz and Tein stickers on my car. Not because i want everyone to see them and ask me questions or anything like that, i'm just very proud of myself, proud that i bought my own car, and the parts that are on it. It makes me happy and grateful every time i see those stickers. That is my logic. But as far as shop stickers go, unless they hook me up, i don't sport a sticker.

method2833
10-27-2003, 03:19 PM
you bought the car we didnt so this means if you wanna put vlsd on your bumper go for it!!!

im rasin the flag on this thread:bs:

holisticbeatz
10-28-2003, 09:30 PM
I have VLSD, could I get one of those stickers? I also have a moonroof and white face gauges, could you make those as well? I can't forget about my 5-lug pattern, do you think it'll look good inbetween the moonroof and VLSD sticker?

twitchy
10-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by holisticbeatz
I have VLSD, could I get one of those stickers? I also have a moonroof and white face gauges, could you make those as well? I can't forget about my 5-lug pattern, do you think it'll look good inbetween the moonroof and VLSD sticker?

yah ill even make you one that says "Im not funny and I reply to old threads"