PDA

View Full Version : Who's blown a Red-top?

Run152
10-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Well here's the deal. I have had an S13 Red-top in my car for about a year now, and I blew it up pinnin, the speedo in 5th. I pulled my plugs and they were trashed. It happens, but, I was running 7 psi on the GTi-R t28....Hmmmm. I got the engine from Venus in Sac, and my new one is coming from SR20 concepts in Diego. One thing though is that my wastegate bracket was loose. Did I inadvertantly run higher boost than what my guage showed?

lok
10-23-2003, 01:15 PM
What kind of gauge were you running? (mech or elec) I have heard from many people about parts around the turbo, to the turbo itself being lose.

I am going to check all of my stuff one of these days.

Run152
10-23-2003, 02:59 PM
I am using the autometer mechanical boost guage. The weird thing is that the engine still runs and there is a lot of oil in the inlet side of the turbo. Oh yeah, my car was also on fire. The flames were on the dipstick, and there is a ton of oil/coolant on the ehaust side of the engine.

DMC
10-23-2003, 03:38 PM
hey man i appologize for the unrelated post, but if u are willing to sell your blown SR please PM me or email me [email protected] thanks and goodluck with your new engine