PDA

View Full Version : Bald tires VS Mt. road

ny_jee
10-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Disclaimer: Personally I do not condone mt. drifting. It is dangerous and bad for the tofu in the trunk.

Last nite(early this morning), couple friends and I decided we wanted to go for some spirited driving in an undisclosed mt. road in socal. Due to the lack of financial planning, my tires have been bald since late July and way overdue. But I still went. However, knowing the limit of the Falken Azenis sports. I took the car at about 50% going uphill. Couple oversteers here and there, no biggie(some are purposely done). Couple minute rest stop, cig break and bladder stress management at the top of the hill. It was time to head home. I took it about 40% b/c the couple oversteers going uphill. Upon request of the passenger, I purposely induced a couple oversteer... The one that ended the nite was a decrease radius hairpin. I started too late and went into the dirt. Rear wheel hung off the cliff, and front was off the pavement. Car was sitting on the dirt piled up due to the slide. Couple inches, the car would've been off balance. And I wouldn't be here typing all this. What's the point of all this? For one, I just want to appreciate fellow spirited drivers that helped me get out of the situation last nite(early this morning). Second, the importance of not panic if one's out of control. Lastly, drift events do help. As I was not a bit nervous or worried when it first happened. Even though my last event was almost 4 month ago.

Review:
Falken Azenis sports - great grip tire, unpredictable when bald and used for drifting.
Apexi N1 coilover - ride height adjustable does help, lowered car can dig up enough dirt to slow car down.
Drift events - if you have a RWD, highly recommended if you don't know what to do when rear comes around or if you THINK you know what to do.

That's it, comments and feedbacks welcome.

Dousan_PG
10-22-2003, 09:59 AM
nicky you nut! if you had 17s you can borrow my tires anytime! ack.

be safe bud!

Steeles
10-22-2003, 10:02 AM
glad no one/ nothing was hurt.

the rest has been edited cause it wasnt funny after being fixed :( lol

ny_jee
10-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Well, live and you learn. Hit the dirt sideways, so nothing to the suspensions. But need to lift the car up to inspect under the car. Won't be up there for a while I guess. Lots of ppl up there last night. Definately keep drifting on the track for those that want to try. But like I mentioned, if one drives a RWD do go out to one of the drift events. Learn to control the car when it's not in control.

BTW, I had some tires just wanted to run on the Azenis for a little longer. You know how I like them.

Dang it, this a forum, can we not be so picky about spelling? Eng is not my first language... Nontheless, thank you for the correction.

Dousan_PG
10-22-2003, 10:07 AM
yeah i know haha
azenis do rock. :)
i might get a set of 16s just for grip w/ azenis. too bad im poor

hey! this weekend jspec garage sale/meet at wheel supply, come by!

i cant wait to drive the mountains again. VERY soon. :) very soon. check your pm in a second too!

Steeles
10-22-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by ny_jee

Dang it, this a forum, can we not be so picky about spelling? Eng is not my first language... Nontheless, thank you for the correction.

your welcome :) I wouldve never none english want your first language. then agian thats really hard to tell sometimes on a computer. no worries man, and if I came off as an :mrmeph: i apologize

ny_jee
10-22-2003, 10:25 AM
No worries, as far as this thread goes. I am the :mrmeph: , considering that I endanger the ppl there for the view and me passenger. As for Jspec thingy, sorry bud, going to Santa Clara this weekend. Reason? You know.

Steeles
10-22-2003, 10:30 AM
No worries, as far as this thread goes. I am the :mrmeph: , considering that I endanger the ppl there for the view and me passenger. As for Jspec thingy, sorry bud, going to Santa Clara this weekend. Reason? You know.

hahah what could they possibly be seeing at 2am on the side of a mountain? lol

jspec garage sale? Dousan pick me up some wheels man!!

Dousan_PG
10-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Steeles
jspec garage sale? Dousan pick me up some wheels man!!

SURE YOU BET!!!
but i cant afford the buy them.
ill pick up some 15s, my back hurts today.

Steeles
10-22-2003, 10:40 AM
:hahano: :hahano: :hahano:

aww comeon ya wimp at least an 17 man

ny_jee
10-22-2003, 10:42 AM
hahah what could they possibly be seeing at 2am on the side of a mountain? lol

I don't about you, but 2am in the morning up in a moutain in a car... You can see quite a bit of stuff w/ or w/o another person. Personally I prefer w/ another person... if you know what I mean...

Steeles
10-22-2003, 10:50 AM
I don't about you, but 2am in the morning up in a moutain in a car... You can see quite a bit of stuff w/ or w/o another person. Personally I prefer w/ another person... if you know what I mean...

mmm very true!

DuffMan
10-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Why do people always say "i don't condone xxxx"

What are you the Surgeon General? Who gives a fvck what you condone.

ny_jee
10-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DuffMan
Why do people always say "i don't condone xxxx"

What are you the Surgeon General? Who gives a fvck what you condone.

Because dumba$$es take those words on forums literally... :rolleyes:

DuffMan
10-22-2003, 01:54 PM
Meaning what, that they will think "this guy does it, so its okay of I do it."

I mean there are some pretty stupid people on this forum, but thats a stretch. And even so, how would saying you don't condone it, and then posting how you did it anyway, make this hypothetical stupid person any less likely to immitate you? If anything it would cause the opposite.

ny_jee
10-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by DuffMan
Meaning what, that they will think "this guy does it, so its okay of I do it."

I mean there are some pretty stupid people on this forum, but thats a stretch. And even so, how would saying you don't condone it, and then posting how you did it anyway, make this hypothetical stupid person any less likely to immitate you? If anything it would cause the opposite.

The truth is I don't care what people want to do and how they want to take what I said. I posted what happened to me when I didn't respect the mt./canyon road and posted my thoughts. People will interpret what I posted the way they LIKE to perceive it. I just post in the most neutral way so that I could to bring up a point. The point that one should not disrespect the mt./canyon roads. But obviously, as I mentioned it before... People WILL ONLY interpret things that fit their closed minds. You have a great point. However, the flaw still remains that it is up to the individual's interpretation of what I have posted. And if they do take it in ways other than intended, then it only goes to prove Darwin's Law is always at work.

Jeff240sx
10-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Duffman.. who gives a fvck what you think either? Why start an argument in a thread that you weren't even part of.. a thread that was going perfectly well, until you.
Just tone down the asshole-ness when its not necessary.
-Jeff