PDA

View Full Version : Separating "wheels" section of classifieds

fullah
05-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Im new here but has anyone suggested separating the "Wheels" section of classifieds into two subforums, one for "4 lug wheels" and one for "5 Lug wheels"? That would definitely make things a lot easier..

azndoc
05-23-2011, 04:37 AM
The PCD tells you in the title if it's 5 or 4 lug.

Simple

Phlip
05-23-2011, 05:34 AM
The PCD tells you in the title if it's 5 or 4 lug.

Simple

:stupid:
The rules dictate that you put it in the title, thus making the dividing of the section unnecessary.

fullah
05-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Yes it does say it in the thread title but it saves people from having to search page upon page of classifieds threads if they're looking for a specific bolt pattern..

There are a lot of classifieds threads on this forum, it would just be beneficial to sort it by bolt pattern as well..

hOngsterr
05-24-2011, 01:28 AM
you're fullah shit, you probally just join to view our classifieds lol

jamg
05-24-2011, 01:32 AM
kinda agree with the OP

even with the titles, still a bitch to have to search through.

even when i use the ctrl+f, people type in the 4 and 5 lug bolt pattern differently.

FusionR240sx
05-25-2011, 09:54 PM
so because of 2 of you lazy bums they shold change it all? it's not that hard to just search. ppl already can't follow the rules of just posting the pcd and other info in the title, now we gotta make mods/admin worry about making sure the 4 and 5 lug are in the right section.

then another section for 9x114.3 wheels? and 4x100 wheels? what's next?

leave as is

/end

drift freaq
05-26-2011, 12:50 AM
I have no problems searching for wheels. There is just an overabundance of 5 lug wheels these days.LOL It used be the opposite but then neither of you guys(fullah and jamg) were around when it was like that. LOL

The system works fine no need to change it.

Phlip
05-26-2011, 09:04 AM
And given that one of the last two will complain about the FS section at any chance he gets, I am gonna roll the dice and say that it isn't broke enough to warrant more subsections.
Thanks people for your input, but nothing stated here has been compelling enough to sway me

GT Motion
06-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I think this is a great idea actually. Only because it wont hurt anyone to have an extra wheel sub-forum. Something like Wheels & Tires > 5x114, 4x114, Tires.

Something like this can only help. Its not a matter of being lazy, it has to do with tedious scanning and reading of titles to find the section where they say the PCD.

It would be like in other forums, where they have certain subforums for certain engines, because certain parts can only be used on certain engines. Just like these wheels, 4 lug wheels can only be used on 4 lug cars. So if someone needs 4 lug wheels it would be more convenient for them just to click the extra sub forum and see all the wheels that will fit their car. It has nothing to do with them being lazy, but if this is not going to hurt anyone then why not make it easier? Car forums are supposed to be a relaxing place to talk about your car, buy parts etc, and this would only help make others experiences more pleasant.

I know some of you think "its not broken so dont fix it", but do we really have to wait for a bad situation in the market place to make a welcome change that would only help and not hurt? I can see no reason why this would hurt anyone who is browsing for wheels, it can only help.

+1 on separate subforums for wheels according to PCD.

Garber
06-10-2011, 02:30 PM
yeah good idea. there are so many ways to write 5x114.3 or 114x5 or whatever.

andisan
06-10-2011, 04:29 PM
HAHA yeah and we should have an AT and MT section for the "cars for sale thread":cj:
Its not that hard to see the difference in bolt pattern, especially since its in the tittle :D

If you are new you should just get use to our forum.

younghatchowner
06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
:stupid:
The rules dictate that you put it in the title, thus making the dividing of the section unnecessary.

Does everyone follow the rules and put if its 4 or 5 lug no..which is why its almost a neccessity to add a section

Phlip
06-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Does everyone follow the rules and put if its 4 or 5 lug no..which is why its almost a neccessity to add a section

If they don't follow the rules, their thread is closed.

fullah
06-19-2011, 12:54 AM
you're fullah shit, you probally just join to view our classifieds lol

so because of 2 of you lazy bums they shold change it all? it's not that hard to just search. ppl already can't follow the rules of just posting the pcd and other info in the title, now we gotta make mods/admin worry about making sure the 4 and 5 lug are in the right section.

then another section for 9x114.3 wheels? and 4x100 wheels? what's next?

leave as is

/end
HAHA yeah and we should have an AT and MT section for the "cars for sale thread":cj:
Its not that hard to see the difference in bolt pattern, especially since its in the tittle :D

If you are new you should just get use to our forum.

Wow you guys are getting upset and shit over a suggestion. Sorry but that makes me laugh. It's not that serious for the first guy I quoted to come with that fullah shit nonsense, we're not 5 years old. I've been around on forums for a very long time now and this one is pretty big which is why it does need more organization but obviously you guys don't seem to be open to suggestions so whatever. Let's just leave it at that.

Something like this can only help. Its not a matter of being lazy, it has to do with tedious scanning and reading of titles to find the section where they say the PCD.

I can see no reason why this would hurt anyone who is browsing for wheels, it can only help.

That's basically what I was getting at. On many of the other forums I'm on they separate wheels by diameter to make it easier. If I was looking for a 17" wheel I would go to that subsection instead of scanning thru dozens and dozens of threads with everything from 15"-20"..That stuff is just time consuming.

But once again members here don't seem to like change so just forget I made this thread.

mkezzo16
06-19-2011, 02:17 AM
i def agree with op...when i was looking for wheels it took forever to find 4 lug wheels..about 70% or more are 5 lug

FaLKoN240
06-19-2011, 02:42 AM
Everyone that thinks this is a good idea has a join date >2008. GTFO.

enkei2k
06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
we're not 5 years old.

Sure seems like it. You want us to SPOON FEED YOU everything. If you can't tell the difference between a 4x114.3, 5x114.3, etc, you do not belong on Zilvia.

That's basically what I was getting at. On many of the other forums I'm on they separate wheels by diameter to make it easier. If I was looking for a 17" wheel I would go to that subsection instead of scanning thru dozens and dozens of threads with everything from 15"-20"..That stuff is just time consuming.

But what does wheel diameter have to do with your original request for separating the PCD? Oh wait, now we have to separate them by rim width too and create a bigger mess and spoon feed noobs like you even more? GTFO. Learn to read.

We're not other forums. Just because they do things one way doesn't mean that we should follow suit. Like the old expression, 'if your bifflecakes sucked on a guys wiener, doesn't mean you should too'.

Phlip
06-20-2011, 05:56 PM
I thought I made it clear, the marketplace has the subsections it needs, dividing it into MORE subsections makes for MORE moderation when MORE idiots neglect to locate the proper section.
I left this open so someone MIGHT attempt presenting an argument to compel me to change my mind, but all I've gotten so far is more asinine suggestions; like not only separating 4/5-lug, but ALSO another separation for DIAMETER(?!). By my math, if I ONLY do 15"-18" wheels, each gets 4 and 5 lug subsections... That now equals EIGHT subsections.
No thanks.