PDA

View Full Version : Disc Golf

LimeLite Racing
05-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Don't know how many of you guys play, but I remember a couple of courses in Southern California. Up here we have a very vast selection of courses to meet the needs of a quickly growing sport. Currently my top picks for discs are my Innova Champion Orc, Monster, and Valkyrie for distance drivers. Tend to use a Shark as my mid-range and putter. I will post action shots ASAP. Post your tips, experiences and pictures.

There are incredibly scenic courses out here in Portland, most of which are free with tons of golfers rain or shine.

SleepR 240sx
05-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Me and my friends used to play all the time. Need to get back into it but I don't have a lot of time between school and work. Tons of fun. I usually throw a Valkyrie or Beast. Awesome sport...more people need to know about it.

rc1honda
05-19-2011, 10:02 PM
I throw a Beast or heavy Boss for long range. I love the ROC for midrange and long puts. I think the ROC is the best all purpose disc hands down for anything under 250ft.

My buddie gave me a Kitana and I really like the flight characteristics. I do not play hiser and natural curves. i like straight laser shots.

LimeLite Racing
05-19-2011, 10:15 PM
I normally use a Sidewinder for crazy hyzer shots. It always shoots right as opposed to the left.

BustedS13
05-19-2011, 10:35 PM
i just found out i work with multiple frolf people. apparently there are also several courses in town, so i'll be frolfing at some point in the next couple weeks.

what wax do you guys use for your dreadlocks? also, which sandal company makes the most earth-friendly hemp shoes? also, is it customary to smoke pot before, during, or after frolf? i don't want to look a fool out on the frolf course.

LimeLite Racing
05-19-2011, 10:41 PM
i just found out i work with multiple frolf people. apparently there are also several courses in town, so i'll be frolfing at some point in the next couple weeks.

what wax do you guys use for your dreadlocks? also, which sandal company makes the most earth-friendly hemp shoes? also, is it customary to smoke pot before, during, or after frolf? i don't want to look a fool out on the frolf course.

Welp. I normally dress in Levi's and a warm sweater when it's chilly. Don't smoke pot, and sure don't play with anyone that does. Oh! And I shave my head bald. Maybe you just aren't cut out for the sport. You sure don't stereotype it right, but that's just ignorance.

BustedS13
05-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Welp. I normally dress in Levi's and a warm sweater when it's chilly. Don't smoke pot, and sure don't play with anyone that does. Oh! And I shave my head bald. Maybe you just aren't cut out for the sport. You sure don't stereotype it right, but that's just ignorance.

sounds like this is a sport for uptight bros. it's chill. i think i'm going to wear the Reef sandals with the flask built in.

DS562
05-19-2011, 11:41 PM

sigged. goddamnit. sigged.

edit: couldnt. goddamnit. couldnt. but that was memorable.

ronmcdon
05-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Tried this a while back, and it's not bad. (even though I could never hit that damn basket).
Not saying it's a stoner sport, but there seemed a lot of very laid back ppl participating.

Here's a vid, for those unfamiliar.

NSOY8yAKz6g

kevmeistah21
05-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Man I always wanted to play! A couple of buddies and I always talked about this but we never go! We always play beersbee, bring up disc golf, and forget about it..

I have a course local to me. It's in la Canada about a 10 min drive, I'll prolly check it out soon! I don't know what disc I should get? I'm not gonna be a hardcore player, just want a universal disc that I can use for all types of courses! Any suggestions?

mrchomponthis
05-20-2011, 01:14 AM
I go every once in awhile to a course in HB, its private so you can drink as you play. It was also on tv for one of the most common places to find people smoking herb.

BustedS13
05-20-2011, 01:26 AM
I go every once in awhile to a course in HB, its private so you can drink as you play. It was also on tv for one of the most common places to find people smoking herb.

how dare you suggest that stoners and frolfers might cross over. fucking fuck fuckity fuck fuck ignorant.

ronmcdon
05-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Man I always wanted to play! A couple of buddies and I always talked about this but we never go! We always play beersbee, bring up disc golf, and forget about it..

I have a course local to me. It's in la Canada about a 10 min drive, I'll prolly check it out soon! I don't know what disc I should get? I'm not gonna be a hardcore player, just want a universal disc that I can use for all types of courses! Any suggestions?

I think I went to this course around Pasadena.
Seemed fine to me, although I know next to nothing about the 'sport'

Hahamongna Park - Pasadena - Pasadena, CA (http://www.yelp.com/biz/hahamongna-park-pasadena)

ManoNegra
05-20-2011, 08:09 AM
not organized frolf but we used to play similar
games in between matches or practice
when I played Ultimate in college.

captainfalco
05-20-2011, 08:32 AM
I play a decent amount. There's probably like 10 courses within an hour from me. I normally drive with a wraith and valkarie, approach with shark and kite, roll with the aviar, and putt with a rhyno.

I don't smoke, but it is common around here to see stoners at the course. It's cool because they always let me pass between holes.

whitefedorafilms
05-20-2011, 09:44 AM
I've currently got about 15 discs. some of them are from the eighties when my dad used to play. I built a course for me to play on my girlfriends 85 acres. I also got one put up at my high school right before i graduated. I tend to buy doubles as i seem to be fond of losing them.

captainfalco
05-20-2011, 09:57 AM
I've currently got about 15 discs. some of them are from the eighties when my dad used to play. I built a course for me to play on my girlfriends 85 acres. I also got one put up at my high school right before i graduated. I tend to buy doubles as i seem to be fond of losing them.

That's pretty awesome! Did you buy all the baskets? Those can get expensive, no?

BOROSUN
05-20-2011, 10:39 AM
i didn't know this was actually real. ps3 move sports champions has this game.

BustedS13
05-20-2011, 11:11 AM
i didn't know this was actually real. ps3 move sports champions has this game.

shit's as real as it gets bruh

4dmD5layJ9k

W_7iFIC2xWg

mrchomponthis
05-20-2011, 11:14 AM
All you really need is a driver and putter and your straight.

Teddy
05-20-2011, 11:19 AM
When I was in Michigan I had a friend who played disc golf every weekend.

What a weirdo.

LimeLite Racing
05-20-2011, 11:23 AM

There are a couple of private owned courses out here that don't care if you drink as long as the trash gets in the right place. Half of playing is drinking whiskey!

LimeLite Racing
05-20-2011, 11:40 AM
how dare you suggest that stoners and frolfers might cross over. fucking fuck fuckity fuck fuck ignorant.

Definitely a better suggestion than saying they all have dreads and wear birkenstocks. :love:

BustedS13
05-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Definitely a better suggestion than saying they all have dreads and wear birkenstocks. :love:
i never said birkenstocks bruh. self incrimination much?
ohhh yeah

LimeLite Racing
05-20-2011, 11:56 AM
i never said birkenstocks bruh. self incrimination much?
ohhh yeah

Lol wtf? I think you have your legal references all mixed up...... bruh.