PDA

View Full Version : gmail account has been disabled...

DALAZ_68
05-10-2011, 07:09 PM
ive had this account since 06 with 0 issues...i go to Vegas for a weekend, and i comeback, boom, next thing you know my phone cant open it, try my (known to be correct password) and still nothing, hop on my comp, same shit...

now im on form #3 tryin to get my account reactivated, i use the email mainly for my bills reminders and CL post and i have work contacts on there that i foolishly didnt save...this pisses me off...i dont know what to do...any one here ever have this issue? recover it?

a phone number? something... :facepalm:

K_style
05-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Actually I am having problem with Gmail too..

Tried to send email but it won't and bad thing is it won't even let me save it in draft...

Teddy
05-10-2011, 07:11 PM
My Gmail recently got hacked and sent out a bunch of shit to everyone. I don't know whats going on.

DALAZ_68
05-10-2011, 07:14 PM
thats what happened to me, from what Om1kron told me he got some random email from me and so did 2 other friends...i dont fucken get it...

DALAZ_68
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
holy fucken shit, i think i got it... i think what mainly helped was that i found my original invite to gmail email in my old acct...

i need to run a scan on my comp for viruses first is what the email is telling me...just wondering if anyone has a good antivirus software for free?

iHateMySilvia
05-10-2011, 07:29 PM
have u guys fallen for those fake craiglist email asking you to log in to your craigs account?
happen to my bro he was thinkin it was real then i noticed i was getting stupid emails from him that made no sense....

DALAZ_68
05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
no i never opened any of those...i dont know how but it happened...im happy now, i recovered it...i suggest to anyone with this kind of acct, remember what ur recovery email is, remember where ur Gmail acct invite (if u had one) is and its easier...

S14DB
05-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Anti-Virus:
AVG Free: Download AVG Free Edition - FileHippo.com (http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_antivirus/)

Anti-Spyware/Anti-Malware:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1 - FileHippo.com (http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/)
SUPERAntiSpyware :Download SuperAntiSpyware 4.52.1000 - FileHippo.com (http://www.filehippo.com/download_superantispyware/)

More info: READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) - MajorGeeks Support Forums (http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407)

silverarrow27
05-10-2011, 08:44 PM
If I were you guys, your email has been compromised. I would close it and open a new account.

chiboy002
05-10-2011, 10:00 PM
holy fucken shit, i think i got it... i think what mainly helped was that i found my original invite to gmail email in my old acct...

i need to run a scan on my comp for viruses first is what the email is telling me...just wondering if anyone has a good antivirus software for free?

boom, s14db hit it

AVG is good, AVAST has a nice 2 week free trial. I've had then for like 4 years now no problems

Malwarebytes/crap cleaner to clean out spyware

get rkill if the virus doesn't let you run these programs, download all and run in safe mode blah blah. have internet off when running these programs

rage
05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
avg is bloated nowadays, avast is free and is what i would recommend

TheWolf
05-10-2011, 10:26 PM
PS3 accounts? Same password?

ronmcdon
05-11-2011, 09:49 AM
My Gmail recently got hacked and sent out a bunch of shit to everyone. I don't know whats going on.

that happened to me last Dec on my Gmail account.
iirc, someone else was complaining about the same thing on Zilvia.
I was lucky the password was the same.

not sure if there's anything security-related, specific to gmail anyone should be considered about.

One_love_silvia
05-11-2011, 12:32 PM
get this: superantispyware.com

and u probably just fell for a phishing site. my email works fine.

whenever u are redirected to another page, u should automatically check to see if its legit. and if u cant tell, type the address in urself.

ie: depending on ur font ur computer is using, gmaiI.com might look exactly like gmail.com
little would u know, the "l" is actually and I.

just a lil tip =)