PDA

View Full Version : I am selling RIMS on CRAIGSLIST watch for SCAMs

davirene
05-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Ok so I am being cautious because I have had some friends get scammed.

I also was recently looking at a 2005 EVO for $6500 from an AIRFORCE GUY in Alaska on craigslist. That turned out to be a big scam...

So now I posted my rims for sale on here and on craigslist. Well I had 2 different guys respond wanting to pay full amount and arrange there own shipping and boxing??? The first guy wont give me his number or tell me where he is at? I never sent him any pics? NO CELL #?

FIRST offer
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Again,

Yes, I got the pics. I will be paying $600 for the Rims and the payment is going to go through PayPal (www.paypal.com (http://www.paypal.com/)) as i wont be opportuned to pay for it in cash so if you are interested in selling this to me please get back with the following..

Your name:
PayPal email address:
Full Address:

So i can make the payment, since I've know the condition. A shipping Company will come over and pick it up after payment clears as i have been dealing with them for years especially when i am not there to do collection myself. So don't bother about doing any Shipping. And please I'm dealing with trust..so as soon as you get payment you should give a specific convenient time for you for the collection to take place without hassles, as i wont want that..
Cheers.

Allan Eva.

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 6:13 AM, david alvarez <[email protected] (http://us.mc1117.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected])> wrote:
Yes they are still available. What city are you in and what car will you put these on?

Send me your cell phone and I will send some pics.....

--- On Mon, 5/9/11, Allan Eva <[email protected] (http://us.mc1117.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected])> wrote:
From: Allan Eva <[email protected] (http://us.mc1117.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected])>
Subject: Rims XXR 502 18x9.5 +35 4x114.3 HyperSilver 3.5" LIP - $600 (Yucaipa)
To: [email protected] (http://us.mc1117.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=daviren[email protected])
Date: Monday, May 9, 2011, 4:47 AM
--
Greetings,
I'm interested in your add you posted. So I want to know if it's still available for sale and will like to know its condition.....if possible the present picture attached to me.

Thanks
Allan.
--
Greetings,
I'm interested in your add you posted. So I want to know if it's still available for sale and will like to know its condition.....if possible the present picture attached to me.

Thanks
Allan.

Now this second guy really ticked me off because he is claiming to be a DEAF US MARINE so he wont give me his number. Once again no number or location. His email has 2 different names. Carl hoilman" <[email protected] and his english really sucks.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks you for the response according to the description,am okay with
the price and the condition pasted on cl. I am ready to make instant
purchase.My mode of payment would be in CERTIFIED CHECK and i will
arrange for a local pick up as soon as you get the check, because that
is the only inconvenient means for me and due to my work frame i can
not be able to get there and i promise everything will go smoothly.I
really wish to be there to check out the item but i don't have chance
cause am very busy person (US MARINE). Concerning the pick up, i will
arrange for it after you receive the payment and it clears... Pls get
back to me with below info so that i can proceed with the payment
immediately if you are selling to me.

Name:
Address: Not P.O.BOX
City:
State ::postal Code:
Phone
Phone Number: That i can send text

And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you
and i will let you know when its mailed out. Thanks and i hope we
handle this in good faith while waiting to hear from you. i will add
an additional $30 so that you can hold it for me till the check reach
you.
Best Regard

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I am really posting this for you guys to watch for scams.....

CaptainVlad
05-10-2011, 08:48 AM
This is so obviously a scam, idk why you would even post this...

Persona
05-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Obviously a scam.

ROOSEY
05-10-2011, 09:07 AM
if you think its a scam...99.9% of the time it is a scam

Okinawandrifter87
05-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Def scam.. you know how regular humans do transactions and can tell these are not how we do them.. also if you dont feel right then it must not be right.

davirene
05-10-2011, 09:08 AM
This is so obviously a scam, idk why you would even post this...

I know its a scam.....as I stated my friends have been scammed so I posted it here for my fellow Zylvians......

Okinawandrifter87
05-10-2011, 09:20 AM
I know its a scam.....as I stated my friends have been scammed so I posted it here for my fellow Zylvians......

I think the confusion was in your title where it says scam yes/no?

davirene
05-10-2011, 09:58 AM
I think the confusion was in your title where it says scam yes/no?

My bad.....I edited.....

Gizmo_S13
05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Definitely a scam!

S14TEENZ
05-10-2011, 10:06 AM
you been living under a rock or something?

simon240
05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
these are so old it not even funny i didnt know these fooled anybody anymore....

unless you been under or smokin rocks or something...

BustedS13
05-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Rims you say? Are they spinners?

holemilk00
05-10-2011, 10:58 AM
If your friends fell for this nonsense, then you should find new friends. It would take a complete moron to believe 75% of the responses you get on CL.

davirene
05-10-2011, 11:12 AM
you been living under a rock or something?

Whats wrong with little warning about scams that are going on.....AS I HAVE ALREADY STATED this is an FYI thing.....I am sure if you read what I wrote you would of understood that....

GEEZE some people......

My friend that was almost scammed was selling his 72 Camaro RS for 25K the cashiers check was from a bank back east.....long story short.....he never let the shipping company pick up the car....Later the check was cancelled and because of the dollar amount the police got involved.

davirene
05-10-2011, 11:18 AM
MODERATORS LOCK THIS POST PLEASE......Some people act as if they have been around the world 3 times and know everything....

holemilk00
05-10-2011, 11:33 AM
The warnings about cashier checks went out on CL over three years ago, it was on the news, in the papers, and on the opening page of CL when you go to list something for sale. I'm glad your "friend" hung onto the car long enough for the check to get canceled. Never sell anything that you are shipping when the payment is a cashiers check.

nomoremk2
05-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Being around the world 3 times and knowing everything is a far cry from having from common sense. I thought it was pretty well known that when you make an add on craiglist, You expect junk/scam mail. While you're at it make it known that no one should respond to anyone who has a nigerian mover friend. These things are so obvious.

LimeLite Racing
05-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Hahaha definitely the most obvious scam in the universe.

Rally240sx.com
05-10-2011, 01:29 PM
seems legit to me.... :bowrofl:

!Zar!
05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't even think someone is allowed in the marines if they are deaf.

Okinawandrifter87
05-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I don't even think someone is allowed in the marines if they are deaf.

Theyre not.. You get admin seperated for being so with VA benefits if you qualify I believe.

driftsilvias13
05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
How is this still even getting people...

Otto347
05-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Cause people are dumb as fuck.

Kaizen.
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
welcome to the internet.

Walperstyle
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I posted an advertisement wanting a distributor for a 351 ford, and someone from florida contacted me.

This is on kijiji, and chances are someone isn't looking to sell parts in canada. Probably spam.

ZilviaKid
05-10-2011, 09:42 PM
you know it a scam right away because they arent low balling you, and theyre using proper capitalization and shit.

ziptiedae86
05-10-2011, 09:59 PM
OP has good intentions, but at the top of the "All For Sale/Wanted" section, you can follow the link that says "Avoiding Scams and Fraud" and the first bullet on the next page is "DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts on Craigslist."