PDA

View Full Version : Blow off valve making weird noise rubber fluter sound...

nujabe
05-09-2011, 12:24 PM
so before i put in my gt28rs, bov was fine. after it sounds like hmmm like a hard kinda rubber fluter nothing like its a greddy type s sound.
now before you guys ask did i adjust i did. me and my friend found problems with how the vacuum was being run so we fixed it as well. it made the sound before the fix and after it. when i rev the car in nuetral is sounds almost normal but driving sounds like crap. im also driving out of tune and i have the boost way turned down due to stock injectors still.

if i missed any thing let me know sorry for the crappy spelling ! let me know !

zeile
08-17-2011, 12:30 AM
vacume supply to bov?

rb25det powered S14
08-17-2011, 01:40 AM
maybe your hearing compressor surge ( turbo flutter ) ..sound like this video??? SR20DET Compressor Surge - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZUbo_mNDZM)

rb25det powered S14
08-17-2011, 01:42 AM
oh and also, this is caused by the BOV being too tight.. adjust the screw on top of the bov
.. there are many videos and threads on how to fix this ..

outtamyway
08-18-2011, 10:12 AM
I had a sound like that once. There was a vacuum leak in one of my BOV hoses. I changed it out and everything was back to normal.

codyille
08-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Sounds like compressor surge. Re-check your vacuum line going to the BOV.

andrew600
08-22-2011, 09:13 AM
i have the same issue right now. but i have no way to adjust mine. its an ssqv or somthing black edition. either way. it doesnt do it at full boost but anything under 7psi it does. i have the bov hose vaccum right after the throttle body. should i have this hose before??