PDA

View Full Version : What set up should I get for mountain runs griping/drifting in a s13

eliminator024
05-06-2011, 06:39 PM
So I want to do meagan coilovers but that's out of my budget, so i thought to go kyb shocks Adjustable, with some lowering springs don't know what kind yet. So what would be the best maybe another set up. I want to be able to take those corners quick..
This is also my daily driver so it can be low but not slamed...
thanks for the help

91s13ForMeeh
05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
How much are you trying to spend? I'm running Tein Flex. You could probably get a used set for just under a grand. They're also edfc compatible.

lenox_240
05-07-2011, 01:26 AM
well seing that u dont want to spend alot of money, my opinion is just leave the car the way u have it and save up, you want a nice suspension to take "corners quick" yeah if u do it on cheap suspension you are goin to eat shit on corners quick, just save up and then go in the market and find something that you will be happy with. And maybe this will help u next time before you make a new thread.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/144721-new-zilvia-read-these-search-tips.html

and if u still got questions
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-small-questions-thread-search-first-use-insted-making-new-threads.html?highlight=search

Mel-O
05-07-2011, 02:11 AM
kyb sturts, tein springs is what i have, i wish i was stock or on coils though because i hate my setup, i saved up for some good coils which i will be getting in a few weeks, its possible

but there's always godspeed... less than 500 for their coils i think, im sure quality reflects it though,

NiSmOKnIghTsRBS14
05-07-2011, 02:28 AM
So I want to do meagan coilovers but that's out of my budget, so i thought to go kyb shocks Adjustable, with some lowering springs don't know what kind yet. So what would be the best maybe another set up. I want to be able to take those CONERS QUICK...
This is also my daily driver so it can be low but not slamed...
thanks for the help
look if u dont wanna fly off the canyon or slam into a wall or if u wanna take "coners quick" save your money and buy a New set of coils...its worth it...

How much are you trying to spend? I'm running Tein Flex. You could probably get a used set for just under a grand. They're also edfc compatible.
If he cant buy megan coils... there is no way he can spend a g ball on a used set of tein flex...save And buy a new set up.... good luck

MrChow
05-07-2011, 02:28 AM
learn how to drive on your stock stuff till u feel u can't go any faster than try stuff out IMO

otherwise refresh your whole braking system and get some nice tires (not $$$ but nicer ones) and/or get some wheels.

eliminator024
05-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Ya that's what I figured just got to save for the Meagn coils.....

stockdrift
05-11-2011, 12:03 AM
My last set up was agx and tanabe springs I think they were 6k and 4k and lowered the car about 3 inches all the way around.that set up is soft enough for daily and stiff enough to track. But the last post is correct spend the money on legit tires that the last factor when it comes to grip. Personally I would replace all my bushings or replace the arms get rid of slop