PDA

View Full Version : Engineering Connections Thread

stunnaben
05-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Seeing as how this is a car forum, I'm sure there are more engineers on here than just me. I thought a thread devoted to engineers would be a good idea. We can talk about the job we hold and whatever else is involved. It's just an open thread. I hope it's in the right place.

My name is Ben Mintz. I'm currently a Senior at NCSU and I'm working a full time internship, about to turn part time while I finish up my schooling, at IBM's Research Triangle Park facility. I work with the Energy Conservation Coordinator and I honestly do not enjoy the energy conservation side of things. I'm EXTREMELY mechanically minded due to growing up on a farm and working with tools since I was able to hold a wrench. Now that I'm graduating soon, I'd like to see what other engineers on this site are doing with their lives. Where are you all working, what are you doing, how's the job, how's the company, etc, etc. It'd also be good to just unite and form some contacts. Maybe later in life or even sooner we could help one another out.

daryl337
05-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I like that idea.

Unfortunately I haven't finished my degree, so I probably shouldnt be posting in here.

I am however educated on the matter, my major is Mechanical Engineering. Currently however, im wasting away in a little office as a vehicle warranty administrator. I pretty much use my knowledge of engines to call BS on shady shops. It isn't what I want to do ideally, but it pays the bills and I didn't require my degree for the position.

Once I save up enough reserves, I will probably finish up the schooling so I can pursue what I really want to do... work in the F1 field.

Fyi, Cosworth was looking for people for a while. There was also a company out here in California (forgot the name, would need to look it up) who (primarily) produces the pnumatic valve train systems for alot of the F1 guys... and as I recall they had an engineer opening.

Might be worth doing the research if you wished to get into the mechanical side of the engineering world.

pablo180
05-05-2011, 04:14 PM
I haven't been on here in years, and happened to stumble on this thread. Funny.

Currently working at Lotus Renault GP as a composite design engineer.

Graduated from Cal State Northridge B.S. Mech Engineering with 2 years in FSAE before joining the work force. Internship at Toyota Tech Center before a 2 year stint at Swift Engineering.

Finished up my M.S. in Motorsport Engineering at Oxford Brookes University about 8 months ago and was picked up by Renault F1 which is now known as Lotus Renault GP.

Best advice for someone looking to get into F1 would be to move to the UK.

s13silvia123
05-05-2011, 08:22 PM
add me in i need more engineering connections as well.

hockeyrules
05-05-2011, 08:45 PM
lol anybody good in C++/devC++?

niscur29
05-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Aerospace engineer here...Got my BS in AE and my MS in Space Operations Management.

Currently I'm a DOD civilian for the Navy working as a manufacturing/quality engineer. I travel the country to visit all of my contractors I oversee. It's the best job for security and there's nothing better then walking into a large dod contractor knowing that you have the oversight on everything they do especially when they try to play the same games on me that I played on NASA as a contractor. I have also been a manufacturing engineer & project engineer for the shuttle programs at ksc, a project engineer on the 787 and a mechanical design engineer for a busted ass mom and pop logistical company.

My main background is in manufacturing and composites for government contracts as both the contractor and the gov't.

FYI....the government is hiring all over the place for engineers..You have to be patient though. It took me 4 months to get my wife and I in. Also, for anyone wanting to work for the government in the DOD, make sure you got a pretty clean background including family and friends. They check EVERYTHING to get a security clearance granted.

daryl337
05-06-2011, 10:06 AM

Graduated from Cal State Northridge B.S. Mech Engineering with 2 years in FSAE before joining the work force. Internship at Toyota Tech Center before a 2 year stint at Swift Engineering.

Finished up my M.S. in Motorsport Engineering at Oxford Brookes University about 8 months ago and was picked up by Renault F1 which is now known as Lotus Renault GP.

Pablo. Lets switch lives. I might PM you a few questions if you do not mind?

MadScientist
05-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Other then Rare Trick... I have a BS in Industrial Design and I will be attending UNO in the fall for Mechanical Eng. I have been in the Composite Fabrication industry for over 10 years and have a known record (Thinist Ballistic Spec 1 panel in the world, and Fastest Prop Driven Boat in the world).

I would like to do a Motorsports focus at UNC and work for Riley!!

-Drew

doubleclutchinlikeishould
05-06-2011, 10:29 AM
I work in the engineering department at an industrial bakery. Engineering is a bit of a stretch of the term, its really just maintenance. But I run the parts room, so the perks are nice. Bearings, belts, and bolts, I got em. lol.

I recommend searching for a job in a non-unionized place. The only thing unions are good for is breeding slackers. Im a non-union employee, surrounded by union workers that move at 30% their working potential. Its a miserable work environment, considering you get the same acknowledgment whether you bust your ass or slack all day. There is no incentive to be a good employee, and the employer and employee's are constantly playing hardball with one another. Who can give the least and get the most. No wonder this company is doing so poorly.

stunnaben
05-06-2011, 11:55 AM
The formula team here at NCSU is full of a bunch of pricks that only want to work on the motor. None of them really care about the chassis design, handling characteristics, nothing but the engine. They have a turbo F4i engine tuned on a motec standalone which is nice but they're stepping up next year to a bosch standalone from what I've heard. Don't quote me. I have been helping the Formula hybrid team here at state but they're all kind of running around with their heads up their tails. The leader won't settle on an idea so they've decided to turn the project into a 2-year car instead of running a car this year.

Where I'm sitting now, at IBM, working with their facilities engineers, I don't want to do this the rest of my life. I need a more mechanical based job. I'm unsure of where to look. I've been considering Australia and their mining industry. I'd rather stay in the states for the next 5 years or so to get some work experience and pursue my options before jumping ship. I live in Nascar country so I could try to get picked up by the race teams but I don't have a clue where to begin with them. I honestly don't want to work for a Motorsports type company due to fear of losing my passion for cars. I love cars, I love working on them, but I fear doing it day in and day out will cause me to lose the desire to work and play with my own stuff.

xrockoutx
05-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Nevada's a good start if you're interested in mining engineering (gold mines), learn the ropes here, then go to Australia, or whever else floats your boat.

pablo180
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Pablo. Lets switch lives. I might PM you a few questions if you do not mind?

Sure, I'd be glad to help out.

NismoPlsr
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey dudes

BSME here. I work in the aerospace field as a "structures" engineer as we call ourselves, this is not to be confused with civil structural analysis of bridges and whatever. What I so is all sorts of FEA of jet engine parts. It is challenging at times and repetitive at others.

I have been keeping my ear open lately, I am looking for a change of pace. SpaceX was looking for structures people for a while but that would mean abandoning my s13 project to move across the country.

Anyways, good thread topic idea.

EDIT: P.S. We are looking to hire a couple structures and design engineers. PM if interested.

turbo2nr
05-11-2011, 06:31 PM
kind of a strectch but..

b.s. industrial technologies /automotive managment.

it would be cool to get an inside of at least a resume view if anyone have connections. looknig to relocate to california.

thats one thing the engineering field lacks is good networking, business/finance/accounting all have events, seminars, and various networking activities.

HalveBlue
05-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Ah, this thread comes just in time.

Anyone here an architectural engineer?

I'm split between going that route or something along the "boat design" path.

niscur29
05-13-2011, 12:03 PM
it would be cool to get an inside of at least a resume view if anyone have connections. looknig to relocate to california.

This I feel is the most important thing for any engineer especially those that are looking for their first job or trying to move into a larger company that sees literally thousands of resumes by a "hiring depo". I have found that if you don't have that inside advantage you have to be "extra special" to have any chance. Especially with companies that have the online databases that weed through applicants based on question/answer sets or by key words in their resume system.

My wife, AE, got hired right out of college by United Space Alliance. She got hired because her manager showed her resume and another resume to someone that went to our college. The guy said, I use to grade her papers, and my wife got the job. She then got me into USA a year later by putting my name/resume into the managers hands. I did not have that luxury and had to bounce around at smaller engineering companies.

For the Navy, I got called first for my interview, pitched my wife in a follow up phone call and the wife got hired two days after I did. I also got a past coworker in already and have pitched others as well. I have other friends at Lockheed/Boeing/NGC etc that all got in and then got others in this way. Really knowing someone on the inside is the key.

turbo2nr
05-13-2011, 12:56 PM
^^ this

its networking which helps.. which this field of work lacks.

thats why like you stated without having a "in" your just another name

Silverbullet
06-03-2011, 08:08 AM
bumping semi old thread. I was pinked for w/e reason for a few weeks.

Pretty bad ass. I did motorsports engineering in my undergrad in the US. Its pretty pointless here unless, but it was some good stuff taught.

Aerospace engineer here...Got my BS in AE and my MS in Space Operations Management.

Currently I'm a DOD civilian for the Navy working as a manufacturing/quality engineer. I travel the country to visit all of my contractors I oversee.

How are Navy eng jobs? Are most engineering positions project and operations oriented rather than design/analysis engineering? I'm currently working for shipbuilding in Newport News VA, specifically supporting nuke refueling ops. I figure i would have a decent chance of landing a spot with NAVSEA with the refueling exposure im getting here, once i finish my MS. Did Mechanical/Motorsports in undergrad and obtaining Systems Eng for grad.

niscur29
06-04-2011, 05:31 PM
bumping semi old thread. I was pinked for w/e reason for a few weeks.

How are Navy eng jobs? Are most engineering positions project and operations oriented rather than design/analysis engineering? I'm currently working for shipbuilding in Newport News VA, specifically supporting nuke refueling ops. I figure i would have a decent chance of landing a spot with NAVSEA with the refueling exposure im getting here, once i finish my MS. Did Mechanical/Motorsports in undergrad and obtaining Systems Eng for grad.

I'm a project engineer for the most part, I'm in control of prime and sub contractors for the entire air frame on my program for anything related to manufacturing and quality. In all honesty its a babysitting job keeping track and reporting status, or raising hell when they seriously screw up. But the pay is awesome, the benefits are killer, and I pretty much do as I like things are so loose here. There are however "structures" engineers that are more into the design/analysis side. But with the government, we really don't "design" anything....Its all contracts/suppliers and our design engineers validate contractors designs and then provide necessary support as necessary.

Primarily though on the NAVAIR side it is a lot of systems/project engineering. Fortunately for me, I got into the manufacturing/project side right out of college so it was a natural fit. For me the sitting behind a desk shooting emails and listening in on telecons all week really really blows...I would much rather be on a floor working with the techs/machinery etc...But it is what it is in this economy so it'll do for a while.

Silverbullet
06-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Primarily though on the NAVAIR side it is a lot of systems/project engineering. Fortunately for me, I got into the manufacturing/project side right out of college so it was a natural fit. For me the sitting behind a desk shooting emails and listening in on telecons all week really really blows...I would much rather be on a floor working with the techs/machinery etc...But it is what it is in this economy so it'll do for a while.

Same here. I got hired into project engineering for supporting nuke refueling ops right out of college. I often debate whether I should seek a design/analysis engineering position next just to gain some experience on the technical side of engineering, however it almost seems like a step backwards in some sense. I'm just afraid of being unemployable else where outside of shipbuilding and navsea related stuff.

niscur29
06-05-2011, 05:32 PM
I hear ya....My wife and I are the same for both degrees and experience and we constantly talk about switching it up and moving into design but with over 7 years being on the project side we would be starting from scratch doing design work. Now the problem we are finding is that we are over qualified/educated for certain positions where companies are not looking for that journey/career level engineer but the 0-3 years still mold-able kids (damn 30 is old!). Plus we need two jobs which make the search even harder because we are usually competing against ourselves for all jobs.

We thought the same thing when we left NASA/KSC. There aren't very many "space" vehicle processing companies out there so we were really afraid we were gonna lock ourselves into a niche that is going nowhere (fuck you congress).

Jobs are out there for sure but you almost have to commit to being open to relocating and be prepared to wait...

stunnaben
06-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Well guys I started this and kind of let it go. I thought I would bump it. I'm looking for some advice as to what to do now. I'm doing summer school at State, finishing up my non-engineering electives (BS classes, the ones to make you "well-rounded") and this fall I will be finishing my Senior design class, my thermal design class, and my final two engineering electives. I'm open to moving but I want to be able to find the best possible job that will teach me as much as possible. I'm open to doing damn near anything. I love hard work and I really hate desk work. I'm not a fan of sitting on my butt at a desk all day. I don't want to babysit steam and chiller plants, I want something exciting. I need to feel like I'm actually doing something beneficial to society. Anyone got any ideas? I'm riding out my internship here with IBM until the end of the summer for sure. I could try to get a different internship but I doubt it's going to pay nearly as well as this one.

WISH ONE
06-08-2011, 03:13 PM
If anyone is looking for a job or internship here in Southern California or Ann Arbor michigan.
Hyundai America Technical Center is looking for engineers.
Hatci.com

I am debating on going back to school for an engineering degree or industrial design.
I currently work for a Hyundai engineering facility here in Irvine Ca, if I had a degree in either it would be an easy transition.
but after speaking with a lot of the engineers here at the facility a good majority recommended getting a degree in business. I'm sort of confused now.

driftn_silvia
06-08-2011, 04:04 PM
but after speaking with a lot of the engineers here at the facility a good majority recommended getting a degree in business. I'm sort of confused now.

I believe reason why they suggest that, senior engineers want to keep hold of their jobs.

I switched majors from business to MechE, and after taking Intro to Enginnering class it was a good decision.

WISH ONE
06-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Yeah but we are short engineers right now lol.
The way our company is structured I could probably land and entry level Eng. job with a business degree.

iwishiwas-all*
06-08-2011, 05:32 PM

DJ PABLO the king of London! haha -Gabe

Well, I posted alot in the 'Engineering Class Help' thread when I was still in school & looking for a job.

I am a mechanical engineer, currently working in engine design for a car company. Lots of fun, everyone do well in school if you are still in it, I really enjoy my job. Still miss miami though haah.

Silverbullet
06-09-2011, 06:38 AM
I'm open to moving but I want to be able to find the best possible job that will teach me as much as possible. I'm open to doing damn near anything. I love hard work and I really hate desk work. I'm not a fan of sitting on my butt at a desk all day. I don't want to babysit steam and chiller plants, I want something exciting. I need to feel like I'm actually doing something beneficial to society. Anyone got any ideas? I'm riding out my internship here with IBM until the end of the summer for sure. I could try to get a different internship but I doubt it's going to pay nearly as well as this one.

Don't think that much into it. It really dosn't matter that much on what classes your taking for the most part. It isn't going to determin what type of job you have from what I've seen. Just take what you feel you have an interest in. As far as wanting what type of (being in the field vs on a computer) that will vary from job to job. I do a bit of both. You have to understand that when you work for a company, that company is a business. There will always be paper work and administrative stuff associated with it.

a business degree in lue of an engineering degree is a good combo. There are MS Engineering Management degrees (MBA for technical organizations).. altho many step into management without a graduate degree.

rich250x
06-18-2011, 02:39 AM
I just finished my second year as a mech.eng at uc davis and am really excited in actually taking some engineering classes. I was just wondering for those who already have their BS is it really beneficial to pursue a masters in engineering? I want to work somewhere in the automotive field after I graduate and the mech eng program at davis doesn't really concentrate on automotive, should I pursue a masters program that focuses on automotive engineering like the one at U. Michigan or will a BS be enough to be able to land a job in the automotive field?

iwishiwas-all*
06-18-2011, 06:11 AM
i wouldn't say its necessary if you are tryin to get a job in industry. Just make sure you have heavy automotive extracurriculars (SAE, other race teams, personal projects...) to show your passion.

niscur29
06-18-2011, 02:04 PM
I personally would not recommend going right for a Masters once you finish your BS in engineering. From experience and talking with other engineers, you rarely use what you learn in college in the real world. Most engineers also do not start off in their dream job and have to "learn the ropes" to be a real world engineer versus a book educated one. Find the career field you like and are comfortable in (not aerospace, mechanical etc, but an actual FIELD) and then go for the Master's to improve your position with said company. This way your job will pay for it and it costs you nothing.

For me 4 years of all the engineering bullshit (fluids, dynamics, thermo *FUCK YOU THERMO*, solids blah blah) was enough and after I learned the ropes in the real world I decided against a Master's in engineering and got one in business/operations management. Usually a business degree combined with an engineering degree will land you high up in most companies (WAYYYY down the road).

drift freaq
06-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Fastest Prop Driven Boat in the world).

-Drew

whats the name of the boat and what class.

WISH ONE
07-08-2011, 02:43 PM
HATCI.COM

in case there is anyone looking for a job and is qualified.
Ann Arbor, MI
 Engine Management Systems Engineers (BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering & 5 Yrs in EMS development & Calibration)
 Body Closure Engineer (BA in Engineering & 5 Yrs in body component design & development)
 Lamp & Exterior Trim Engineer (BA in Engineering & 2 Yrs in exterior trim part design & development)
 Voice Recognition Development Engineer (BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a linguistic related field & 3 Yrs multimedia development)
 Navigation Engineer (BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering & 4 Yrs automotive electronic development)
 Materials Engineer (BA in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or Polymer Science & 5 Yrs as a materials engineer in automotive industry)
 Engine Dyno Calibration Engineer (BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering )
 Powertrain Development Design Engineer (BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering & 5 Yrs Powertrain product design & development)
 On Board Diagnostics Engineer (BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering )
 Exterior Lower Trim Engineer (BA in Engineering & 2 Yrs in exterior trim part design & development)
 Interior Trim Engineer (BA in Engineering & 5 Yrs in interior component design & development)
 Emission Compliance Engineer (BA in Science or Engineering & 5 Yrs with Emission In-Use Testing)
 Environmental Regulatory Engineer (BA in Engineering, Business, or Law & 3 Yrs in regulatory affairs related to motor vehicles)
 Powertrain Performance Test Engineer (BA in Mechanical Engineering)
 Powertrain Development Engineer (BA in Engineering & 3 Yrs Transmission development)
 Engine Dyno Technician (HS diploma & 5 years vehicle development and testing)
 Performance Testing Technician (HS diploma & 5 Yrs automotive repair in Powertrain control systems)

California City, CA
 NVH Engineer (BA in Engineering & 2 Yrs in NVH Development)

Irvine, CA
 Vehicle Packaging Engineers (BA in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering)
 Chassis Tuning Engineer (BA in Mechanical Engineering & 5 Yrs in Vehicle Evaluation & Development)
 Hyundai Interior/Exterior Creative Designers (BA in Industrial, Fine Arts, or Transportation Design & 5 Yrs in Automotive Design)
 Hyundai Clay Modeler (HS diploma & 8 Yrs clay model in automotive)
 Kia Interior/Exterior Creative Designers (BA in Industrial, Automotive, or Transportation Design & 5 Yrs in Automotive Design)

Chino, CA
 Electrical Quality Engineer (BA in Electrical Engineering)
 Hybrid Electrical Vehicle Engineer (BA in Electrical Engineering)
 New Model Engineer (BA in Electrical Engineering)
 Powertrain Evaluation Engineer (BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering)
 Transmission Calibration & Evaluation Engineer (BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering & 5 Yrs in Powertrain systems Calibration & evaluation)
 Powertrain Engineer (BA in Mechanical, Automotive, or Electrical Engineering & 3 Yrs of Powertrain)

West Point, GA
 Trim Engineer (BA in Mechanical Engineering)

Montgomery, AL
 Body /Chassis Engineer (BA in Mechanical Engineering)

R33E8
07-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Swweeettt.. I'm working on my mechanical engineer degree.. I started off as mechanical, did a couple undergraduate research projects in materials engineer (quantum dots and piezo electric energy harvesting), switched to materials engineering, then switched back to mechanical. I think I'm going to get a BA in Mechanical, Masters in Materials, then an MBA..

For the first 2 years of college I was heavily involved in FSAE and ended up being VP of the team my sophomore year.. The summer after sophomore year I got an internship as an engineer at a company that builds mil-spec wire harnesses for Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, etc.. There I do CAD work in Pro/E and AutoCAD... They ended up hiring me full time and are helping me pay for the rest of my college degree..

WISH ONE
07-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Thats freaking awesome bro! keep it up!

Krusty_s13
07-08-2011, 06:56 PM

ahh! my dream is to attend oxford brookes!
i started a bs in mechE at Florida International University, havent finished.
I want to pursue a career in automotive whether it be f1 or other type of design and engineering. I'm just somewhat lost on what path to take.

Mr. Camshaft
07-09-2011, 01:09 AM
If your school has an FSAE club you should definitely, definitely join. Even if your career goal is not in racing, the skills and experience you pick up designing and building a racecar is invaluable. I would go so far as to say it would be more useful than 4 years of coursework.

stunnaben
10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I need some help finding Engineering Positions in my area, suggestions?

MadScientist
10-07-2011, 06:20 PM
whats the name of the boat and what class.

Phenomenon
Al Copeland's legacy boat... He died while we were building it.
It's 56' so its a Power Extreme Class.
4 x 4000hp turbines.

Last I heard they had a crash box failure at one of the driveshafts, and nearly sank it.
Lost 2 turbines but the rear bulkheads are sealed and saved the boat.

-Drew

sncs14
10-09-2011, 03:13 PM
I need some help finding Engineering Positions in my area, suggestions?

Ben, I don't want to say that it's all about who you know. However, knowing the right people is key, early in you career anyway. I was able to get an interview at IBM before I finished getting my associates in engineering technologies, but only because a member of my family worked there. Said interview led to me getting the position (research and development server division, as a designer) I was seeking. About the same time I was hired, a few other guys my age were also hired. One out of the four of us didn't have any ties to IBM employees, but he had a masters and was hired as a contractor initially. Unfortunately for me I was laid off after about 2.5 years, and it took me 10 months to get rehired as a contractor. I'd already decided to join the Air Force, for several reasons, before I was rehired at IBM. I ended up working 4 months longer than the contract was supposed to last. I loved my job, but hated always worrying about losing it.

My advice is to go around to some smaller businesses, or ones that have a good record with employee loyalty, and just talk to them, email, call, etc. show that you have a genuine interest in the products they develop. The school should also have some sort of program to help students find a job. The good jobs are the ones that are rarely posted where everyone can find them. It might seem silly, but use Monster and Linked In too, you might be surprised by the persons who look at resumes online.

-***JOKER***-
10-10-2011, 03:35 AM
A Civil Engineer here!!! Studied in University of Southampton in UK, graduated in 2009...working in Turkey as a project manager / site enginner (thats what its called down here)... AND I WANT OUT... help me out and find me a job in USA or UK or CANADA or AUSTRALIA or NZ... lol every little helps right?

cheers

PS: Anyone looking to get a work in Turkey i can help (but wouldnt recomend)

stunnaben
10-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah, our school has a FSAE team but they're all douchebags. I tried joining the team but got bored with it after showing up to 4 meetings where they wouldn't let me do anything. I stood around and watched them fuck up 4 tubes for the chassis because the guy using the grinder just kept messing up.

I grew up on a farm so being around using tools is second nature to me. I don't have access to all of that stuff here at school. I got to weld the other day for the first time in months. My MAE 416 Senior Design class makes our groups pick a welder, machinist and the rest are fabricators. I'm the welder for my group. I'll be using the tig a bit on some aluminum. I love welding. I showed the instructor up on arc, mig, and tig. He was impressed. I took a welding class in high school, all arc welding with using mig to tack things together to get your root passes. I was a champ with an arc welder. Made transferring to the others extremely easy.

Biggest thing is I want a job with a lot of hands on work. If it means travel and going to places to check out where something has failed out in the field I'm more than ready to do something like that. Like I was saying, I grew up on a farm. Being outside and moving around doing something different every day is my bread and butter.

stevenwhite1989
10-11-2011, 09:06 AM
The company that I work for now has an opening for a Project Engineer position.
But really what we are looking for is someone who can program SCADA systems (VB, SQL, etc.)
We are a systems integrator, and we do a lot of water/wastewater, and industrial systems.

We are looking for someone who has about 3-5 years experience.

We are located in Roanoke, VA

No relocation provided

If you are interested or think someone is interested PM me

turbo2nr
10-11-2011, 09:06 AM
I'LL be in Socal (la/long beach) next week for interview's if anyone has any connections of any engineering based company looking for an entry level person with a B.S. and 3-5years of working experience. Please let me know i would be very interested in meeting with them and their company.

THanks

Silverbullet
10-11-2011, 02:33 PM
The company that I work for now has an opening for a Project Engineer position.
But really what we are looking for is someone who can program SCADA systems (VB, SQL, etc.)
We are a systems integrator, and we do a lot of water/wastewater, and industrial systems.

We are looking for someone who has about 3-5 years experience.

We are located in Roanoke, VA

No relocation provided

If you are interested or think someone is interested PM me

Whats the name of the company? I may be venturing out for a more systems and integration type position after I'm done with a project here in the next year or so.

stunnaben
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Wish I were capable. I'm trying really hard to stay in the area. It's just hard trying to find jobs these days. I'm graduating in December. Granted, this isn't a bad thing. I'm a fresh slate to any company that they can mold and teach me what they want me to know so to speak. In some cases it's better to have that then get someone in who is poorly trained by someone else and has a lot of bad habits.

stevenwhite1989
10-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Whats the name of the company? I may be venturing out for a more systems and integration type position after I'm done with a project here in the next year or so.

Name of the company is Sunapsys

WISH ONE
10-12-2011, 12:38 PM
we are hiring a suspension guy here in irvine.