PDA

View Full Version : Rear EVO IX Brembo calipers into an S13

KOME
05-05-2011, 12:20 AM
YES! I've google the fuck out of this so please don't flame! I'm simply looking to clarify my options and to make sure that i stand corrected about the front setup. :wiggle:

I purchased 4 Brembo calipers and rotors off an EVO IX, which I'm planning on swapping into my S13 coupe. The front swap i think i have figured out but PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong:

-Bolt on with bracket purchased via Zilvia.
-Z32 BMC(Center plug must be removed right?) or Touge Factory BMC.
-Are new brake lines necessary? I was thinking of getting some Techna-fit lines IF they are.

Now, my real problem lies with the rear setup. I spent the last 2 hours reading through threads from here and other forums as to how one can the Brembos to work. Some people said redrill and grind down new opening others said stick to Z32 rear brakes. I was thinking of:

-Drilling a new hole on the calipers to make them fit.
-Z32 e-brake setup(S13 e-brake won't work on EVO rotors?)

Is this correct? Has anyone actually done the rear setup and could give me some advice?

I read the STI Brembos are direct bolt-on for the rear on a 240SX with a 3mm spacer. I wish this was the case for EVO calipers.

Gracias!

koukidriver
05-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Ebrake setup you would have to create some kinda line lock situation or the ksport hydraulic ebrake or something to make that work or just stick with Z32 rear caliper/ebrake setup.

Darren
05-05-2011, 07:27 AM
seems like a lot of work. What are you doing with the car that it's going to be so necessary to upgrade beyond the Z32 brakes?

KOME
05-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Ebrake setup you would have to create some kinda line lock situation or the ksport hydraulic ebrake or something to make that work or just stick with Z32 rear caliper/ebrake setup.

If i use the KSPORT Hydro E brake will i be able to use the Brembo calipers on the rear?

KOME
05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Bump bump bumpity bump

Beejis60
07-07-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm aware this thread is a bit old, but this is what the ebros seem to think:
grind down that rear "fin" on the brembo clapper, drill and tap....

however, the problem lies is I don't like to eyeball anything, and IIRC, the rear z32 e-brake will not work with evo rotors due to drum depth....

so my solution is this, which I'm actually starting tonight:
Rear 2010 rustang rotors. Why? The hat height is quite a bit lower than the rear evo rotor so you can actually build a bracket to get the clappers to work without half-ass measuring like the aforementioned tactic. Unfortunately, it will take me some time to get exact measurements of the bracket and probably a few working models but will gladly post when finished along with pics.
And I was gonna make a hydro e-brake with this setup.

KOME
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I decided to go rear z32 and front Brembos. I did find out the only way to possibly do it is by drilling a new hole into the caliper. However, i wasn't down to do that, i'm not confident enough to try and go hydro ebrake or just not run and ebrake at all.

Also i got rid of the rear Brembos anyways. But good luck man

Beejis60
07-09-2011, 02:01 PM
I decided to go rear z32 and front Brembos. I did find out the only way to possibly do it is by drilling a new hole into the caliper. However, i wasn't down to do that, i'm not confident enough to try and go hydro ebrake or just not run and ebrake at all.

Also i got rid of the rear Brembos anyways. But good luck man

To use the rear evo rotor, yes, you have to grind down those fins, drill and tap the clapper, which I just don't like ghetto rigging shyt like that. The only way to use an acutaly bracket and not drill into the clapper is a less offset rotor, like the rustang rears or the altima fronts. Altima fronts are a bit thicker than the evo rears, but smaller diameter. Rustang rears are slightly thinner than evo rears, but the exact diameter and also have more clearance, so that's why I chose the rustang rotor over the altima.