PDA

View Full Version : Drift Snacks

Yuri
10-15-2003, 05:00 PM
I was looking through magazines, and I noticed that Import racer! had a guide to drifting or more specifically, getting your car ready to drift. Having just competed in a drift competition, I was curious as to what I should have done to have prepped my sileighty for drifting. I then noticed that under things to bring, number 15 was japanese snacks. "It's also a little known fact that traditional japanese snacks will help you drift better. Except strawberry giant pocky. Trust me on this."
So I've come to the conclusion the reason I got second instead of first was that instead of consuming Nori before the event, I had an egg Mcmuffin.
But I could be in trouble. I love pocky:( .

So next event I'll come with a bottle of Pocari Sweat or Kowai milk+coffee. And Green tea pocky, hopefully it has better drift capabilities than the strawberry kind.

attached is what Mcmuffins do to your drifting:

Maeda
10-16-2003, 03:16 AM
With all this new found japanese cultural fetishism in the car world maybe i'll be in style cuz i'm jdm tyte... maybe people will start chopping their shins, rolling around in yellow paint and super glueing their eyelids shut...

Seriously, beware of pocky! It's very addictive. Buy it at marukai in gardena. It comes out to be something like 60 cents a box or something.

aznpoopy
10-16-2003, 08:47 AM
wow 60 cents a box? over here on the East Coast i can find it for like 2 bucks. unfair. especially to me, cuz my girlfriend has no money and absolutely loves the stuff. personally i can't stand pocky. i also refuse to drink anything that has 'sweat' in the name. :D

i don't like asian snacks too much, despite my asian 'heritage.' but i do have a strong liking for japanese sprite aka ramune. btw impact red when i saw your car i got a little initial D jingle in my head. "whoa whoa whoaaaa supersoniiiic..." -_-"

radhaz
10-16-2003, 09:49 AM
http://store1.yimg.com/I/winghopfung_1759_5747626

No better J-snack on the planet!

Bill Roberts
10-16-2003, 10:17 AM
none here, I got anything you want...Latino...someone want to send me a box?

stumpz
10-16-2003, 02:23 PM
rofl, where can i get some of that..like it says i live in the richmond are of va :P i'm hungry :D

Yuri
10-16-2003, 11:48 PM
If you're in the midwest, you can get all sorts of j-snacks (and that initial D music) at wizzywigs in Ann Arbor MI. although Pocari sweat is $3 a bottle and pocky is like $2.50. Man, I wish I was in LA again:wtc:

DRFT
10-17-2003, 02:14 AM
since im in LA or socal, there is a lot of asian supermarkets carrying this stuff in Sacramento. But i tend not to go so much since it stinks in side the supermarkets and a lot of old ladies like to yell to talk to each other.:eek:

SilviaNinja240
10-17-2003, 03:56 AM
over here pocky is $1.29, pocari sweat in the cans .99 in the bigger bottles $1.39 and in the big ole' bottles $4 or 5 something

adey
10-17-2003, 05:53 AM
OUCH re: your pic. I can see you bending a tie rod and killing a rim (well, the inside of it, at least) when you pulled your wheel out of the dirt, up that curb. :wtc: ... then again, maybe you got lucky. :confused:

Yuri
10-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Don't worry, my baby's fine. I pulled the rim out of the dirt on the straight, where the curb was level. only car that got messed up at the event was a mid 80's Trans-Am

Carisma•FR
10-21-2003, 11:27 AM
anyone tried these Japanese snacks yet?:D
http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/plussy.jpg
http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/homosausage.jpg

s13chica
10-21-2003, 07:32 PM
The giant strawberry Pocky rock! You can get them at a secret market in saratoga. The box is like a foot tall...yumm...so good.