PDA

View Full Version : My bucket seat won't slide up far enough :((

beyond
05-03-2011, 08:32 PM
I have an F1 Carbon Kevlar Bucket Seat and Bride Low Max Seat Rail that came with the car I bought. I can drive the car fairly comfortably but the problem is I have to reach with the tip of my shoe to get the clutch the whole way back and I would feel a lot more comfortable if I could slide the seat up at least one more click. Is there anything I can do? Will a different type of rail slide up further? I am 5'9" if anyone is wondering.

Also is there a way to install stock seatbelt lock along with the racing seat? I have the belt in the car, but the side that clicks is attached to the stock seat which is in my garage.

Thanks!

codyace
05-03-2011, 08:42 PM
In regard to moving the seat up, see if you can move it up a hole or two on the mounts itself.

I know on my seat, there was a large lug I used on the side for the factory seat belt latch

And lastly, you shouldn't ever need to return the clutch with the tip of your shoe. Check adjustment/freeplay, and bleed it.

ayororo
05-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Growth Horomones!

beyond
05-05-2011, 09:56 PM
man i think it's too late for those haha

NINJASPY
05-05-2011, 09:58 PM
get some pedals? that would give you another ~1/2 inch or so. Or lower the front part of the seat more.