PDA

View Full Version : clutch/release bearing issues

mhalez
05-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Hey just completed a ka-t build and installed an ACT extreme duty clutch kit with a few issues. Mainly the release bearing does not want to retract all the way and keeps the clutch somewhat disengaged. You can hear the pressure plate and release bearing spinning together when the clutch is supposed to be fully engaged and the release bearing should be pulled all the way back. There is pedal play at the very top which all leads me to believe the carrier will not fully retract, any ideas?

I have had to remove the stupid transmission already once to replace the plate that bolts onto the front of the transmission because that broke due to the same issue, i replaced all the components ( plate, carrier, release bearing, master and slave cylinders, fork and all retaining springs/clips) and its still acting up.

Any help is HUGELY appreciated

- mike

jdm213
05-03-2011, 09:56 AM
maybe u have to adjust ur pedal so it can engage properly or else ur not even engaging the clutch is still being disengaged

mhalez
05-03-2011, 10:24 AM
no the clutch pedal has been adjusted properly. the car drove like a dream for the first night then started getting worse and hearing noises. now there is 2 inches of freeplay at the top that were not there before..

iloVeDrifting
05-04-2011, 01:13 AM
hmm i seem to be having some what of the same problem. i recently put a 6 puck non sprung ACT clutch and now im hearing a lot of chattering noises, but i did hear that non sprung clutches will make a chatter noise.?? and the same thing with my clutch pedal there little play at the top.

mhalez
05-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Nooo clutch chatter is differnt, the release bearing isnt fully retracting, so the clutch is always partially disengaged. there was no pedal play when installed but an hour later it got worse and you can hear the bearing spinning because its contacting the pressure plate