PDA

View Full Version : Viewtiful Joe

tsunami0ne
10-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Extremely gay? or extremely cool?

I think it's a little bit of both. Haven't played many games this year, but this is easily game of the year. I miss these kinds of games.

Sanchi
10-15-2003, 01:36 PM
This game is EXTRENELY COOL!! I got it first day it came out if you want just crazy FUN get this game. This type of game is what makes video games great!! Just non-stop action you can never get bored of kicking butt in "Viewtiful JOE" :aw:

hookedup240
10-15-2003, 03:48 PM
what kind of game is it....and what's it for?? PS2?

tsunami0ne
10-15-2003, 05:11 PM
well, in essence, it is a side scroller like Mega Man, Ninja Gaiden, etc. but it has all these neat gimmicks that make it feel next gen. You play a power ranger looking guy who can zoom in the camera to make himself stronger, slow down time for Matrix-style bullet dodging or combo-ing, speed up time, and u can even do those overdone air combos that everyone does in those Xmen vs Street Fighter game. It's not a serious game, but what i like most about it is that it's almost as challenging as the older NES games without all the cheap shots thrown at you.

It's for Gamecube BTW.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/04/02/am/gcviewtifuljoe_screen006.jpg

Sanchi
10-16-2003, 01:22 AM
Yup great great game has good chance at game of the year!! WOOT!!:aw:

exitspeed
10-17-2003, 12:53 PM
I rented it yesterday. I really like it. It gives my a nastalgic feeling of old NES. It's alittle on the hard side because you can't save it whenever u want. But thats one of the things that makes kinda old school. I wish there were coldes for it, like unlimited health, or lives. Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a. That was the best code ever.

tsunami0ne
10-18-2003, 01:34 PM
word. the checkpoints aren't that bad though. At least there's always one right before a boss. If there wasn't one, im sure i wouldnt be playing anymore. Finished the game on Adults last week and I'm on the last level in V-rated. Should finish that by next week also.

ruf
10-18-2003, 01:37 PM
I am viewtiful.

Sanchi
10-18-2003, 03:00 PM
i unlocked everything exept captain blue. He is such a cheater in V-rate!!!

tsunami0ne
10-18-2003, 07:08 PM
is the ending any different in V-rated? Because....

*spoiler alert*

i remember him saying something about being a hero 2 more times(which probably refers to v-rated and ultra v-rated difficulties)

umm yeah.

Fuck, playing with Silvia is impossible. It's like one hit and you're dead.

Sanchi
10-19-2003, 05:38 AM
Ya im at last level with Silvia and its anoying because u take twice the damage and you deal half the damage... umm whoo hoo your alil faster...:hammer: