PDA

View Full Version : need help with s14

rsp supra
04-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Hey I understand that this is prob covered on here alreadg but I simply do not have the time to search. Ok so yesterday around 3pm I notice my battery lite come on. I check my terminals an they are clean an tight. So I blew it off. Then my brake light cones on a lil later. I go to work go on break its about 1045pm an my radio dies an car the stalls. I'm like great the light came on cause my alternator. So I get a spare from my friend swap in another one an now my dash lights are all off. an tail lights an no power at all n the car. I se the 100a fuse is blown but by this tie it was 12 somthing an I count get that fuse at Walmart. so I guess I somehow grounded out the alternator. is this sounding rite? I'll be up early to get working on this an I hope to have some help on here. thank-you really appreciate any ideas or help. BTW I completely pulled the fuse an the car has no kinda power at all. no headlights ignition or nothing so????

camaro379ss
04-29-2011, 07:35 AM
seems like you might have grounded a power cable to blow that 100amp fuse. Did you check the other fuses for those circuits?

rsp supra
04-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Yes. Checked all the fuses now. I got it to start. Fired rite up when I Jumped it but its dying still. Gonna go test both altenators.

rsp supra
04-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Jus my Luck both alternators were bad. Sigh

camaro379ss
04-29-2011, 12:38 PM
I have a spare sr alternator off of my b13 sr sentra. I would imagine that would still work cause after all its still an sr. It has been just sitting around in a box since I sold it.

s14freak
08-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I had the same problem about a year ago. Alternator went out, dragged the battery down so bad it fried a couple cells and the 100amp main fusion blew. New battery, new alternator, and new fuse and all was fixed. After I replaced the alternator, it kept dying, wouldn't start unless I jumped it. Had to replace the battery. Have your battery tested. Chances are you need a new one, and it should fix your problem, along with a new alternator and 100amp fuse.