PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Network Hacked

towlie
04-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Not cool.

Sony admits utter PSN failure: your personal data has been stolen (http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/04/sony-admits-utter-psn-failure-your-personal-data-has-been-stolen.ars)

tricky_ab
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Yeah, when I booted up my Japanese PS3 I was greeted with that lovely message from Sony...

Gizmo_S13
04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Hahahaha xbox ftmfw!!!!

Okinawandrifter87
04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Hahahahahaha xbox ftw....

KrazyS13
04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah, it's been all over the news today. Already a lawsuit brewing against Sony for waiting so long to announce the breach....:x: Sony also fell 3.2 percent on the Tokyo stock exchange..

BoostSlideWayz
04-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Playstation announced they will be back online in about a week.

saleaf
04-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Ive never had that problem with my xbox.... weird

lawrenceyang
04-27-2011, 08:54 PM
holy fuck this has gotten bad

LimeLite Racing
04-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Wow man. Do I sense a lawsuit?

TougeLove
04-27-2011, 09:08 PM
im pretty sure there will be a class action lawsuit. ^

they should probably keep their mouth shut to avoid those comments being used as evidence within the negligence side which could very well be the foundation of the lawsuit.

towlie
04-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Lol. More like multiple lawsuits.

Live2Slide
04-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Hell yeah. They where talking about how the hackers possible have all our info and credit card information! Scary shit if you ask me

TougeLove
04-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Lol. More like multiple lawsuits.

aka a class action lawsuit. :mepoke: ;)

LimeLite Racing
04-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Lol hell yeah. I need some money for this. I now have to live in constant fear that haxxorz are gonna kick my door down and steal my interwebz.

aznfab213
04-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Playstation network sucks anyways nothing great about it. Sony really screwed up with their new generation console....such a failure...

LimeLite Racing
04-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Playstation network sucks anyways nothing great about it. Sony really screwed up with their new generation console....such a failure...

You can't complain about it. It's free for fuck's sake. Except for when your info gets jacked.

!Zar!
04-27-2011, 09:43 PM
You get what you pay for.

oh wait...

TougeLove
04-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Lol hell yeah. I need some money for this. I now have to live in constant fear that haxxorz are gonna kick my door down and steal my interwebz.

hilarious comment, but this is exactly what they will sue for haha

S14DB
04-27-2011, 10:05 PM

Ever buy anything on PSN with a CC, Like Points? Even if you bought your points at the store you probably lost them and any unlocks you have. Not only did they take CC info they also transferred credits and DLCs between accounts.

consouler
04-27-2011, 10:41 PM
You get what you pay for.

oh wait...

this had me laughing for a good minute

BustedS13
04-27-2011, 10:43 PM
xbox is so much better you guys. i love watching my King Kong HDDVD and playing M rated online games exclusively with 11 year olds

brb gotta play an FPS where the most powerful weapon is a LaZeR sWoRDDD and then probably watch some PBS children's programming because, as i own an xbox 360, i am undoubtedly a pedophile, and that shit gets me hard. DEUCES

UNISA JECS
04-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Hell yeah. They where talking about how the hackers possible have all our info and credit card information! Scary shit if you ask me

Good thing I keep my credit bad for situations like this.

ZenkiKid
04-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Thank god I never entered any CC info via PSN.

Gnnr
04-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Hahahaha xbox ftmfw!!!!

Because Microsoft's security track record is top notch. :keke:

towlie
04-28-2011, 12:13 AM

I laughed out loud pretty good at this

NatAsRex7
04-28-2011, 12:36 AM
the hackers are probably going to donate to japan haha

lawrenceyang
04-28-2011, 01:33 AM
the hackers are probably going to donate to japan haha

its only logical

STEEZxIT
04-28-2011, 05:12 AM
It wont surprise me if Sony starts charging monthly for user on PSN.

Same as Xbox Live, they use the money to have people on 24/7 to prevent shit like this.

Though i've heard that XBOX live is down for 14 days 2-3 years ago. And it was during Christmas break.

exitspeed
04-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Class action lawsuit was filed yesterday http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1164392p1.html

I've never used my cc on the psn network so I'm not worried about an of this.

Like I said in the Nintendo thread, this will definitely have an impact on the next gen console wars.

simmode1
04-28-2011, 08:09 AM
:rofl:

I've never used my cc on the psn network so I'm not worried about an of this.
I never gave any CC info either, but theives can still do things with your name, email address and date of birth. Imma stay on guard.

exitspeed
04-28-2011, 08:23 AM
^
True. I watch my one of my credit reports on a regular basis.

Live2Slide
04-28-2011, 08:25 AM

Hahaha you where preparing for this ahead of time.

Luckily I only used my bank card instead of my credit card, already had changed my bank card sometime 2 months ago or so and didn't update my information to Psn so if anything they took a card number that doesn't work

JohnnyDrfiter22
04-28-2011, 09:01 AM
I hate that in America everyone is so damn Sue Happy!! If I sued someone everytime they didn't do or weren't able to do their job id be rich by now!

Everyone that thinks Xbox ix so great they got hacked last year. They get hacked every single day. Windows Cell phones enough said!

BoostSlideWayz
04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah people hating on psn cuz their xbox fanboys are just glad to finally jump on psn for a screw up. I gurantee if play station network charged for online it would be 10x better than xbox. I mean psn is free and we get just about everything xbox gets im pretty sure. either way... playstation has blue ray and that really says it all.. ps3 has more potential then xbox.

but on topic, im hoping i didnt get shit stolen.. ive bee checking my bank account for any amounts of money disappearing. so far im alright but it does suck that i have to make an account all over again... that account has been my account since 07 and it had sooo many trophies and other little things ... fucked up.

!Zar!
04-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah people hating on psn cuz their xbox fanboys are just glad to finally jump on psn for a screw up. I gurantee if play station network charged for online it would be 10x better than xbox. I mean psn is free and we get just about everything xbox gets im pretty sure. either way... playstation has blue ray and that really says it all.. ps3 has more potential then xbox.

but on topic, im hoping i didnt get shit stolen.. ive bee checking my bank account for any amounts of money disappearing. so far im alright but it does suck that i have to make an account all over again... that account has been my account since 07 and it had sooo many trophies and other little things ... fucked up.

lol what? That's why psn lags on updates and the servers suck, right?

And you all don't pay, so no point bringing up what isn't.

Heaven help us we buy a separate player.

tricky_ab
04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
I love how any game related thread turns into a system versus thread...

exitspeed
04-28-2011, 03:14 PM
I love how any game related thread turns into a system versus thread...

I hate it.

TougeLove
04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
just changed my debit card today. if thats the most i had to do, im cool with it. no need to sue.

KrazyS13
04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm not gonna do shit.. We'll see what happens...lol

SimpleS14
04-28-2011, 09:15 PM
I changed my CC number to be on the safe side, even if it's been two years since I used it on PSN.

This will probably change they way S/W is implemented within the next gen consoles. I'm thinking of a more closed environment and quite possibly two-factor authentication being leveraged.

Z_Spool
04-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Apparently Sony's analysts are saying that even if the hackers have the card info, that data should be well encrypted enough that they couldn't access it. Then again these are hackers that were able to obtain sensitve info from what I've heard reported as over 700million users... so I'm not really holding my breath one way or the other. This is one reason why I'd rather just buy games and/or points at a retailer vs. online.

Like Sony said though, even if they don't have access to your card info, there's a good chance you'll be hearing from several nigerian princes and south african missionaries in the near future, so as always, be cautious.

LimeLite Racing
04-28-2011, 11:44 PM
WTF are all of you guys talking about?!?!?!?!? It's unamerican to say you aren't going to sue.

towlie
04-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Seriously lol. If I lost money due to this you bet your ass I would pursue legal action

sr20sean
04-29-2011, 12:11 AM
I never gave any CC info either, but theives can still do things with your name, email address and date of birth. Imma stay on guard.

so people can do shit with basic info you can find on your fs threads on here and your profile? :dead:

i have no credit to ruin or any accounts with anything you can take much out of.

s13doc
04-29-2011, 12:17 AM
i dont have to have hackers break in to steal my money microsoft with there xbox do a damn good job of it already

racecar11
04-29-2011, 12:20 AM
XBOX Pride!!

cardoza
04-29-2011, 12:39 AM
WTF are all of you guys talking about?!?!?!?!? It's unamerican to say you aren't going to sue.

Seriously... if you had some kind of liability towards Sony America they would be suing the fuck out of you. Take 'em for all they're worth.

miggsfiggs
04-29-2011, 12:44 AM
I already own two systems,one which is fucked up and has my MvsC 3 stuck inside(was metal gear bundle).I need it out asap.The other system I bought with the killzone 3 bundle and I am currently locked out from psn.My point;I have been a dedicated sony fan since day one,even though my system does less then what it did when I bought it.I never once thought of hacking my ps3,but I feel my system is not broken due to technical issues,but becomes a brick because sony tells their system what to do.Sony needed this.Don't fuck your ppl over.I used to hack my ps1 and my dreamcast;and I got to play lots of games that never got released here in the states.But my ps3 is region free.

simmode1
04-29-2011, 09:39 AM
so people can do shit with basic info you can find on your fs threads on here and your profile? :dead:
Yeah. I'm pretty sure savvy ppl can use that info to find someone's physical mailing address. Once you have all this info, it's not too hard for them to reroute your mail to them & start obtaining account numbers & other personal info, etc...

daryl337
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Alot of the PSN hacks were being done in retaliation to Sony's actions towards people who jailbreak the ps3's.

The tldr version is: people modded and jailbroke ps2's and 3's.
Sony created lawsuits.

Anon got angry.

Sony is now compromised.

SimpleS14
04-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Alot of the PSN hacks are in retaliation were being done in retaliation to Sony's actions towards people who jailbreak the ps3's.

The tldr version is: people modded and jailbroke ps2's and 3's.
Sony created lawsuits.

Anon got angry.

Sony is now compromised.

Apparently the PSN hack was due to an exploit found with custom firmware. This is all speculation, but it does make me wonder....

STEEZxIT
04-29-2011, 12:18 PM
I never really understood why people hack to fuck with people shit...steal etc...

Like when i was on XBOX LIVE for example, someone in there was talking about "ima hack your shit and delete all your prestige's and blah..."

Same thing goes with PSN when i play @ my cousins.

People get off on that shit???

Riq
04-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Another reason why Playstation fails hard against 360 and Wii. 360 FTMFW!!!!

DRIFTER-M
04-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Another reason why Playstation fails hard against 360 and Wii. 360 FTMFW!!!!

Enjoy your 9 gig games from 10 year + technology.

I will be scaling my 50 gig games, that look rediculous amounts of better than the 9 gig games you have. Also 5x bigger worlds, longer games... Oh, and the pure fact that Sony exclusives generally rate higher...

Do I need to get started on failure rates?

Oh, and best part, come Sunday - yet again I will be playing online... for free.

XBOX has been hacked before, PS3 has been hacked, why would anybody hack the Wii considering stealing card info from 6 year olds probably won't get you anywhere...

Why does every console thread turn into a war?

Rockda240
04-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Well it looks like I am F$#ked!

wannabdr1ftr
04-30-2011, 01:13 PM
^^what happened?

BustedS13
04-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Wii

rofl, get the fuck out of here

Walperstyle
04-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Stupid people. How about instead of taking them to court, notifiy your credit card company and get a different number.

problem solved

fototkr91SX
04-30-2011, 01:53 PM
From what I remember, all I had on my account was my name and address, no credit card stuff. Hopefully.. still like my 360 better :D

redline racer510
04-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Xbox is garbage imho. I bought it and after a month realized I had made a big mistake. The controller config was engineered by a bunch of idiots and the system keeps freezing, but really pissed me off was that after having it for a month it stopped reading game disc's and when it did it would freeze like a mofo. Fark you xbox I rather have the psn hacked than ever touch your system evvvvaaaaaarrrrr.

nomoremk2
04-30-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm glad no one on the internet has any amount of self control. You bought a faulty xbox? Return it, problem solved. Xbox and Microsoft have nothing to do with this thread stop ranting like a child. I'm interested to see where this goes and if anyone infact does experience any identity theft issues.

!Zar!
04-30-2011, 09:03 PM
woopsies
Is Sony user database for sale in online bazaar? - Technology & science - Security - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42806008/ns/technology_and_science-security/)

BustedS13
04-30-2011, 11:38 PM
while i'm not going to sue anyone, i do think that a few playstation points would be nice. maybe enough to buy both black ops map packs.

towlie
04-30-2011, 11:46 PM
^agreed. Sony should compensate players

amdnivram
04-30-2011, 11:59 PM
sony is planning on giving a month of free psn plus and qrocity. Imo its worth it, even if your credit card does get charged you can easily report it to your card company no big deal. The only issue i had was dealing with my stupid and low tech Wii with its shitty ass graphics. Playing any serious games on that thing sucked.

BOROSUN
05-02-2011, 05:37 PM
aww man, still no psn. i just got my ps3 back.

_xKV9BFEEXQ

chuki.s13.coupe.
05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
^^ did your mom take away or what? Lol jk

Tantwoforty
05-03-2011, 08:08 AM
no but really.
turn it back on.
i diddnt have my credid card in the system anyway.
i just want to shoot people.
i managed to pass my cod level on my xbox while the network is down..
srsly.
turn it on...

exitspeed
05-03-2011, 08:15 AM
See, more people need to be like me...don't play shit online and your life won't feel like it's over when you can't.

I still prefer playing a multiplayer game sitting next to an actual friend.

Phlip
05-03-2011, 08:18 AM
See, more people need to be like me...don't play shit online and your life won't feel like it's over when you can't.

I still prefer playing a multiplayer game sitting next to an actual friend.

I'm with you on this.
People have been fucking RAGING on FaceBook since this shit happened, and I am just fine, I am cool if I have to wait for them to see PSN Trophies posted to my profile.

daryl337
05-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I like MW though. :(

Pew pew!

BOROSUN
05-03-2011, 09:05 PM
seriously, multiscreen multiplayer is retarded. that shit was okay back then.

ZenkiKid
05-04-2011, 10:24 AM
sony is planning on giving a month of free psn plus and qrocity. Imo its worth it, even if your credit card does get charged you can easily report it to your card company no big deal. The only issue i had was dealing with my stupid and low tech Wii with its shitty ass graphics. Playing any serious games on that thing sucked.

Only select things on PSN plus are gonna be free.

exitspeed
05-04-2011, 10:32 AM
seriously, multiscreen multiplayer is retarded. that shit was okay back then.

I take it over some 10 year old calling me a "Fuckin dick fuck h*m* cocksuker shit [email protected] ass" because he just learned those words the week before.

KrazyS13
05-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Haha true, there are so many of those little punks on there it's almost sickening to know that a lot of parents today will allow their young kids to play these games and talk that way. Too many dumbass kids raising kids these days...lol

I usually just mute them though.

I can't "get into" the game as much when I'm playing splitscreen(dont know why, I can see fine), and I play on a 52" tv!

BOROSUN
05-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I'll take better gameplay any day with lil kids screaming.

I used to watch others screen and intercept them. It got to a point where I said this is retarded. Everyone just looking at each others screen. It just doesn't work anymore on fps.

Ps3 is Capable of 5 Ps3 hook up to 5 screens like on gt5. Beats Any fps multiplayers staring at one screen.

exitspeed
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah I prefer a LAN party. My uncle used to regularly host LAN parties with Ghost Recon on XBox and then GRAW on 360 We'd have one team in his garage and the other in the basement. Like 15 people. Real nerd style. Shit was so bad ass though.

I'd try playing GRAW online but the experience sucked because the people annoyed the fuck out of me. It just sucked all the fun out of it.

Then GRAW 2 wasn't all that good and we only had a few LAN parties with that game and then he kinda got burned out on FPS like I did.

Honestly I've barely played anything online since. I'd hop on and play Forza 2 and 3 with my uncle or a few other people I knew, but I don't know...a single player game is really what I enjoy. I'm just tool old school and stuck in my ways.

I guess that's why I still like Nintendo so much. Their online stuff sucks, which doesn't matter to me, and their single player franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid) still give me that solid single player gaemplay I enjoy.

BoostSlideWayz
05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Ive just been going to Official PlayStation website (http://uk.playstation.com/) and then i look on the topright corner and you will see a red dot. when it turns green you know its online. so i just figure constantly looking for an prediction day its online might as well jusdt go to this link every once and awhile and check for the green dot.

S14DB
05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
You can mute other players as a whole or individually. My block list is LONG.

GT Motion
05-04-2011, 05:16 PM
I have xbox and PS3, I can tell you that Multiplayer on PS3 is far more mature than Xbox. One of the simple reasons is PS3 doesn't come with a mic, so most kids don't even know how to get the mic or hook it up, so you dont hear them.

Xbox, comes with a mic and free xbox live so you get people of all ages and groups of younger immature teenagers that just yell *snip*, *snip*, *snip*, blah blah blah blah" for no reason at all.

Credit card charges noone is liable for, its in your disclosure from your credit card company so who cares just check your statement. I will take the more mature overall gaming community of PS3 than xbox live teenage tangents any day.

exitspeed
05-05-2011, 07:44 AM
I have xbox and PS3, I can tell you that Multiplayer on PS3 is far more mature than Xbox. One of the simple reasons is PS3 doesn't come with a mic, so most kids don't even know how to get the mic or hook it up, so you dont hear them.

Xbox, comes with a mic and free xbox live so you get people of all ages and groups of younger immature teenagers that just yell "*snip*, *snip*, *snip* blah blah blah blah" for no reason at all.

Credit card charges noone is liable for, its in your disclosure from your credit card company so who cares just check your statement. I will take the more mature overall gaming community of PS3 than xbox live teenage tangents any day.

Ummm, even though you aren't meaning to use those words in a negative was and just giving examples, you need to edit them to avoid getting pinked.

To play with people online XBox Live is not free. You need Gold.

Xclusive_racer
05-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Man the way i look at it is if your a psn user you should be pissed and look at getting some money back because of the fact you every time you use your PS its running on your electricity bill! and for those who live in CA that shit isn't cheap! and yes they did break the privacy act that was stating our info would be safe.

SO Sue

BustedS13
05-05-2011, 09:57 AM

surely you're not still in the stone age of gaming because of your love for Nintendo :D

exitspeed
05-05-2011, 10:03 AM
surely you're not still in the stone age of gaming because of your love for Nintendo :D

I love Nintendo, but that's not why I'm in the stone age of gaming. Honestly, my favorite game from this generation was Shadow Complex, and that could have been done lat generation or the previous. The whole online thing just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

daryl337
05-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I was a huge counter strike nerd for a while after the initial Rainbow 6 craze.

After CS converted to Steam, I bailed out and it has left a void of FPS for me.

MW2 is probably the closest I will get.

DP-AE86
05-05-2011, 12:11 PM
PSN getting hacked = :picardfp:

BOROSUN
05-06-2011, 02:09 AM
they really hate sony.
Exclusive: Third attack against Sony plannedl (http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20060227-260.html)

i dunno, they cant really hack a ps3 since its always updating. i guess attacking the network made more sense. soe is also down.

its just a matter of time cracking any new network security.

miggsfiggs
05-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Did you ppl hear that hackers are bringing back the install other OS.I hope this is true,then you should be able to guide missiles and infra red your home with a giant mech from space.Something only the ps3 is able to accomplish.I stop supporting xbox after their first box,to bulky for me;plus I am a big Japanese market supporter.Demon's Souls was the number one game in Japan while everybody jumped on the mw2 wagon,I wanted something else and ended up being the best game ever.I do have mw2 but cuz my friend left it at my crib.

Tantwoforty
05-06-2011, 02:56 AM
but really.
i would like to play playstation sometime soon.... please...
fuck it, ill pay per month....

theronin
05-06-2011, 03:08 AM
my 360 is working fine. as is xbl. you mad bro?

One_love_silvia
05-06-2011, 03:09 AM
idk if i heard right from their announcement, but wasnt sony saying they wer going to give everyone a few free games to download for the inconvenience?

Tantwoforty
05-06-2011, 06:37 AM
no, i have 2 xbox 360's
but still, i miss ps3 lol

1on1
05-06-2011, 08:51 AM
tired of all the x-box fans saying "I am glad I bought an x-box" or shit like that.

s13 @ fullboost
05-06-2011, 08:53 AM
I am glad I bought a Xbox lol

exitspeed
05-06-2011, 10:49 AM
but really.
i would like to play playstation sometime soon.... please...
fuck it, ill pay per month....

Ummm, you do realize you can still play your games right? :goyou:

BOROSUN
05-06-2011, 11:02 AM
and update also. except for dlc.

NissanEnthus
05-07-2011, 11:26 AM
idk if i heard right from their announcement, but wasnt sony saying they wer going to give everyone a few free games to download for the inconvenience?

I also read this too...but thats a disaster waiting to happen too! You imagine they announcing this and a million plus people jumping online to download anything....There goes the network again

BOROSUN
05-07-2011, 11:29 AM
I also read this too...but thats a disaster waiting to happen too! You imagine they announcing this and a million plus people jumping online to download anything....There goes the network again

im pretty sure psn can handle that traffic.

JoshuaB91
05-09-2011, 11:38 PM
yeah, sony announced that they will give all customers ps+.
my source Latest Update on PSN Outage | PlayStation® Community Forums (http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3423560?start=3720&tstart=0)

DRIFTER-M
05-10-2011, 07:59 AM
my 360 is working fine. as is xbl. you mad bro?

I don't know, a year or two ago XBL was down during Christmas of all time for a few weeks. Were you mad then bro?

My PS3 still works fine, this doesn't affect the PS3 itself. More than I can say for the 75%+ failure rate on 360's. So, while XBL may work fine, amillion xbox's a day are breaking. Cool.

I save $50 a year.

Since our exclusives rate higher than 360 ones, life's good. Play a single player and be done with it. Win.

PHX-S14
05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
I rather pay 50$ a year for xbl than to have a free shitty ps3 network..imo

DRIFTER-M
05-10-2011, 09:33 AM
What is different?

We get the same demos, the ability to rent/buy movies, more mature players, 50 gig games online, chat, music, etc.

We just don't pay.

All that +$50 in pocket = win.

Oh, and blu-ray. And the fact that we don't have wanabe wii characters waving to us everytime we turn on our system is a huge bonus.

BOROSUN
05-10-2011, 09:34 AM
how is psn shitty?

please explain....

DRIFTER-M
05-10-2011, 09:41 AM
It's a myth by Xbox to keep suckering out people for ~%80 failure rate systems and paying $50 a year...

jacobs13
05-10-2011, 09:45 AM
why are all xbox owners so defensive. I have xbox 360 while my bro has ps3 and imo ps3 is so much better. Its free and yeah its network may be done but they dont red ring and shit like that after only 3 months of having it.

DRIFTER-M
05-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Thank you! Unbias party = awesome!

I am in attack mode because I am sick of people turning EVERY console thread into an all out console war.

Be happy with every consoles achievements, and move on to a discussion based on the topic title.

I don't hate Xbox, by any means, and I love the Wii as well. I would LOVE to have Fable on PS3, and I always wanted Mass Effect, which finally happened.

Truthfully, I thought the 360 was simply a rushed, incomplete console, which is why I dislike it the way I do. It broke far too much, they charged for online play (which I thought was rediculous considering it is using MY internet to play it that I ALREADY pay for), and I was already a Playstation fan - being as my Ps2 is a day 1 console and had 0 issues.

I was also a fan of Blu-Ray compared to HD-DVD.

Doesn't mean I hate the 360, nor would I go into a XBL hacked thread and rain down hate onto that console.

Just gets old, takes away from the main discussion when it starts turning into the _vs_ stuff.

KrazyS13
05-10-2011, 10:12 AM
I've got a Xbox and a PS3.. My Xbox hasnt been played in years. PS3 is better in many ways, Xbox guys can argue all they wan't. It's just fact.

And I'm not biased...lol

On another note... Has anyone heard that Sony was going to offer identity theft protection?? I thought I heard that the other day, maybe I was mistaken.

blksylv
05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
yea they are. i think its gonna be a free year subscription or somethin like that

!Zar!
05-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Is this shit back up yet?

I heard it was going to be hacked again.

DETAILS?!

BOROSUN
05-10-2011, 01:58 PM
service wont be back until near end of may. but psn home, chat, buddy list are back.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/05/sony-offering-free-allclear-id-plus-identity-theft-protection-in-the-united-states-through-debix-inc/

SimpleS14
05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Is this shit back up yet?

I heard it was going to be hacked again.

DETAILS?!

Yes, there is speculation of a third attack on the way...

Hackers plan third Sony attack - ZDNet (http://www.zdnet.com/news/hackers-plan-third-sony-attack/6231055?tag=nl.e589)

BOROSUN
05-10-2011, 04:44 PM
86rRJwubmkc

BoostSlideWayz
05-14-2011, 05:12 PM
PSN IS UP. they require you to do an update then change password right away .

or wait never mind thats just so we can change password lol false alarm i think.

Downloaded the update and nothing happend.... it says in the update to change your password but i dont see how thats possible.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/

I also didnt receive any email regarding my psn account.. not sure what to do

S14DB
05-14-2011, 06:26 PM
PlayStation 3 system update 3.61 available now, 'phased restoration' of PSN begins today (update) -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/14/playstation-3-system-update-3-61-available-now-psn-still-not-re/)

BoostSlideWayz
05-14-2011, 07:47 PM
^ didnt work for me. I downloaded the 3.61 thing and i wasnt able to change my password.. kinda got my hopes up all for nothing ....

SimpleS14
05-14-2011, 08:02 PM
^ didnt work for me. I downloaded the 3.61 thing and i wasnt able to change my password.. kinda got my hopes up all for nothing ....

+1

Also can't do it via website either.

heavyd06
05-14-2011, 08:11 PM
psn is free people should not be getting free games.. y is everyone feels like there gona die without online play..what do u expect, u play for free online which is pretty kool and all.. but people demanding shit when they play for free..i say put it back and thats it..

BoostSlideWayz
05-14-2011, 08:22 PM
I personally havent really demanded it.. i just am annoied that they are saying you can change your password right now when you actually cant. and also after having online play since 07 its like suddenly stopping your income you feel like something is wrong everyday lol.

amdnivram
05-14-2011, 08:50 PM
hmm i've been on the psn for almost the entire day lol its working for me, reset password and i've been playing online for some time now

BoostSlideWayz
05-14-2011, 09:04 PM
^ what was the process ? after the update what happend ? my system just restarted and went back to the usual operation. couldnt do anything .

amdnivram
05-14-2011, 09:07 PM
^ what was the process ? after the update what happend ? my system just restarted and went back to the usual operation. couldnt do anything .
well i did the update, and it restarted. I tried the password reset but it didnt work on one of my accounts so i tried another one and i was able to reset my password and log on and play.

TravisSW
05-14-2011, 09:09 PM
WOO

It's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

S14DB
05-14-2011, 09:12 PM
hmm i've been on the psn for almost the entire day lol its working for me, reset password and i've been playing online for some time now
Because you are in California:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/5720974836_78854c199d_z.jpg
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

KiLLeR2001
05-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Cmon FLAWIDA!!!

ZenkiKid
05-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Wow.. I get back on and find black ops to be cracked out with prestige hackers. Hahahah man nothing has changed. Glad to be back on though

demonspeed
05-14-2011, 09:52 PM
is this for everyone or just for cali?

YellowFox
05-14-2011, 10:12 PM
It's slowly spreading lol

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3573/5721052584_efc9fcc12c_z.jpg

UNISA JECS
05-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Its an epidemic, look now even more

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/zilvia_album/5721052584_efc9fcc12c_z.jpg

LimeLite Racing
05-14-2011, 10:40 PM
God damn Oregon. I can still get on Netflix though so I'm happy.

demonspeed
05-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes! Wa is back online!

infam0us21
05-14-2011, 11:06 PM
awww yeeeaaaa. ima be rusty as heck playing black ops lol

05-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Is that for PSN coming back or where the zombies are attacking? Lol

LimeLite Racing
05-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Is that for PSN coming back or where the zombies are attacking? Lol

Hahahahaha I thought the same thing when I saw the first picture.

WERDdabuilder
05-14-2011, 11:44 PM
WERDdabuilder. add if anyone plays bad company 2.

Tantwoforty
05-14-2011, 11:45 PM
codmw2
woo

blingbling
05-15-2011, 12:00 AM
For all of you who ever doubted xbox. Tell me that bluray player is worth getting your cc info stolen hahaha

S14DB
05-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Its an epidemic, look now even more

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/zilvia_album/5721052584_efc9fcc12c_z.jpg

I think that's fake:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/5721045798_84f4fab1e7_z.jpg

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 12:41 AM
I think that's fake:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/5721045798_84f4fab1e7_z.jpg

Possibly.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2429/5720488633_1418c6824a_z.jpg

Back up and running out here in Portland.

BustedS13
05-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Wow.. I get back on and find black ops to be cracked out with prestige hackers. Hahahah man nothing has changed. Glad to be back on though

ricer excuses. GO BIG OR GO HOME KID

ZenkiKid
05-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Ricer excuses? Go big or go home?

Uhhhh ok? What does a game being ridden with exploiters have to do with "going big or going home?"

Sucks that its taking so long for all of US to get back on but I am sure we are all getting back on none the less.

BustedS13
05-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Ricer excuses? Go big or go home?

Uhhhh ok? What does a game being ridden with exploiters have to do with "going big or going home?"

Sucks that its taking so long for all of US to get back on but I am sure we are all getting back on none the less.

sounds like people are better than you at a video game and you can't handle it
i'm playing black ops and WRECKING FOOLS

ZenkiKid
05-15-2011, 01:21 AM

having a 4:1 ratio doesnt say i cant "handle it"

What you are failing to read in my post is that I have been entering games where the whole opposing team is 10th prestige and up, either those people totally have no lives or are exploiters. With this games history more than likely they are exploiters.

Any updates on new states that have online play again?

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 01:25 AM

That's what years of practice and living in your parent's basement will do.

BustedS13
05-15-2011, 01:29 AM
That's what years of practice and living in your parent's basement will do.
fps? decades of practice
but i'm a homeowner bro. sorry your black ops skillZ are less than stellar!

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 01:31 AM
fps? decades of practice
but i'm a homeowner bro. sorry your black ops skillZ are less than stellar!

Bro. I'm an apartment renter and I don't own Black Ops. I like women.

BustedS13
05-15-2011, 01:42 AM

bro. she's my sex box, and her name is Sony.

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 01:51 AM
bro. she's my sex box, and her name is Sony.

Fair enough. I hear awesome things about Black Ops, but every time I plan to go to gamestop I just do something more productive instead. Like drink whiskey and fight coworkers.

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Esto finito. Back online suckas. http://blog.us.playstation.com/files/2011/05/map7.jpg

BustedS13
05-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Fair enough. I hear awesome things about Black Ops, but every time I plan to go to gamestop I just do something more productive instead. Like drink whiskey and fight coworkers.

eh, i mean, i work six days a week. sometimes seven. and when i'm not working at an actual job, there's always some sort of home improvement task to be done. and exercise. and keeping up with my ladyfriend who is not made up or a sex doll, even though i play video games. point is, there's still time for video games. great stress relief. makes me less pissed about gas prices and stuff.

Tantwoforty
05-15-2011, 02:43 AM
call of duty is srs

blingbling
05-15-2011, 10:45 AM

I see. And how long do they stick around once they see you live in an apartment?

demonspeed
05-15-2011, 11:46 AM
i see. And how long do they stick around once they see you live in an apartment?

buuuurn!!!

demonspeed
05-15-2011, 11:49 AM
on a topic related note, how do i put all the things i bought on a new ps3?

BoostSlideWayz
05-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I still cant even play need for speed shift online.... wack... it lets me sign in but when i press online it says its undergoing maintenance.

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 01:00 PM
I see. And how long do they stick around once they see you live in an apartment?

A lot longer than when they find out you live with your mommy and daddy kiddo.

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 01:01 PM
eh, i mean, i work six days a week. sometimes seven. and when i'm not working at an actual job, there's always some sort of home improvement task to be done. and exercise. and keeping up with my ladyfriend who is not made up or a sex doll, even though i play video games. point is, there's still time for video games. great stress relief. makes me less pissed about gas prices and stuff.

Hahaha word.

demonspeed
05-15-2011, 01:07 PM
lmao reBUUUURN!! but on a serious note, can anyone help me with my question?

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 01:12 PM
lmao reBUUUURN!! but on a serious note, can anyone help me with my question?

Transfer PS3 data to another PS3 - MacRumors Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=409956)

demonspeed
05-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks limelight!

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks limelight!

You're welcome dude.

Daniel.
05-15-2011, 01:24 PM

Not all of us live in a state where you can own a 4bd/3bth home for the price of a 240sx.

Corbic
05-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Not all of us live in a state where you can own a 4bd/3bth home for the price of a 240sx.

Then Move?

LimeLite Racing
05-15-2011, 01:30 PM

Exactly. Living in an apartment for me is personal preference. Who knows if I want to pack up and move to San Diego or back to LA one day.

Then Move?

How is this even relevant? He never said he wants to live in a state that has low priced housing.

blingbling
05-15-2011, 02:01 PM
A lot longer than when they find out you live with your mommy and daddy kiddo.

Im just messing around with you champ, but my condo's fly!

Daniel.
05-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Then Move?

That's an amazing suggestion. Why didn't I think of that before?:picardfp:

BoostSlideWayz
05-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Is anyone even able to play online ? i cant... i can see my friends list but if i try playing online it just says the maintenance thing.

meme2105
05-15-2011, 05:17 PM
i was playin gt5 earlier, and black ops last night. goin to hope back on in a few

Super_OK_S13
05-15-2011, 05:17 PM
the blog says the online servives are "returning in phases" not all at once...

meme2105
05-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Kazuo Hirai: PlayStation Network Restoration Announcement – PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/kazuo-hirai-playstation-network-relaunch-announcement/)

SimpleS14
05-15-2011, 06:03 PM
IDK about you guys, but there are some snazzy apartments where I live lol

Is anyone even able to play online ? i cant... i can see my friends list but if i try playing online it just says the maintenance thing.

I tired PS Home and it worked, but I haven't tired any of my games yet.

BoostSlideWayz
05-15-2011, 06:21 PM
when i click on playstation store it just says the error number. and when i try to play shift 2 it requires the online pass code but i cant enter it cuz it says currently undergoing maintenance. so i tried Modern warfare 2 and it worked online. but im tired of that game now and i wanna play shift 2 its awesome so i wanna see the online experience.

Rockda240
05-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Yeah playstation store isn't supposed to be up for awhile.

BoostSlideWayz
05-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Ahhh ok, well i guess ima just have to keep trying to get my online pass working... or.... unless the online pass is somehow linked to the playstation store on NFS then that would suck because if it takes awhile that will drive me crazy.

BustedS13
05-15-2011, 08:02 PM
IDK about you guys, but there are some snazzy apartments where I live lol

disregard apartments
acquire collateral

S14DB
05-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Kazuo Hirai: PlayStation Network Restoration Announcement – PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/kazuo-hirai-playstation-network-relaunch-announcement/)

Helps to read the page before this one...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2758/5719596227_3ab54e351b_z.jpg
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%e2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

We’re currently experiencing an extremely heavy load of password resets, and so we recently had to turn off services for approximately 30 minutes to clear the queue.

As such, a large number of people are attempting to change their passwords at the same time, it’s taking longer than expected for all those emails to clear all of the ISPs.

If you’ve requested your password reset, please give it a bit of time to reach your email. Thanks for your patience as we work to get everyone back online.
Update on Service Restoration Rollout – PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/15/update-on-service-restoration-rollout/)

miggsfiggs
05-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Back up.Thank you.

blownmotor
05-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Too bad no word on when Playstation Store is going to be back up.

BOROSUN
05-15-2011, 11:02 PM
i just got mine instantly. played mag for the first time in 5 months. sver still rules. so, much for map advantages they were whining about. game still rainbow freezes.

BoostSlideWayz
05-17-2011, 12:12 PM
when will the playstation store be back up ?

BustedS13
05-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Oh man, free games, free playstation plus, and free movie rentals? I guess you get what you pay for.

SimpleS14
05-17-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm curious to see what Playstation Plus is all about. As for the free games, infamous looks nice.

BustedS13
05-17-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm curious to see what Playstation Plus is all about. As for the free games, infamous looks nice.
Infamous is great, i own it... I'm thinking Dead Nation and Wipeout. Awww yeaaaaah

JoshuaB91
05-17-2011, 03:01 PM
MFDooom is mah psn. add meh, my fellow zilvian members!!!!!

DrftSLowHomIe!!
05-17-2011, 03:54 PM
how many games can we DL??

SimpleS14
05-17-2011, 06:11 PM
how many games can we DL??

Two PS3 and two PSP

Sony reveals choice of free game downloads as part of PSN 'Welcome Back' program | Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/16/sony-reveals-choice-of-free-game-downloads-in-psn-welcome-back-p/)

lflkajfj12123
05-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I would have preferred like $50 in credit for PSN purchases.

FF7
FF8
MGS

chiboy002
05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
I would have preferred like $50 in credit for PSN purchases.

MGS
x100

god damn i love that game, i wanna experience it for the first time again

b-s14
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Off topic but has anyone replaced the fan inside the ps3?

DrftSLowHomIe!!
05-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Two PS3 and two PSP

Sony reveals choice of free game downloads as part of PSN 'Welcome Back' program | Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/16/sony-reveals-choice-of-free-game-downloads-in-psn-welcome-back-p/)

Thanks Simple

aziankingz
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
littlebigworld and either infamous or dead nation.. hmm tough choice

sil80owner
05-18-2011, 01:20 PM
This wouldnt happen if you all had XBOX!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

Daniel.
05-18-2011, 01:45 PM

There is no food here troll.

aziankingz
05-18-2011, 02:41 PM
It seems Sony was hacked again.. wow.. their security must suck..

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/18/6667708-sony-psn-password-page-shut-down-due-to-flaw

BOROSUN
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
a good netwrok security is only good until it gets hacked. there's no real way to stop it.

lawrenceyang
05-18-2011, 04:10 PM
glad ive been checking into this thread periodically =D

SimpleS14
05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
It seems Sony was hacked again.. wow.. their security must suck..

In-Game - Sony PSN password page shut down due to flaw (http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/18/6667708-sony-psn-password-page-shut-down-due-to-flaw)

I really think this was more of a flaw and not a hack. This can be exploited with a user has the same password for PSN and their e-mail...which is actually not far fetch (but not good practice). IMO, they didn't evaluate password resets via website before opening up the PSN network.

The only solution I can think of is that in combination of email and DoB, you add the serial number of the PS3 that you registered with Sony.

simmode1
05-18-2011, 05:22 PM
glad ive been checking into this thread periodically =D
I stopped reading this thread about 4 pages back, but I poke my head in here to see we're getting free shit now? Gimme! How? Where? Do I get it from the PSN Store?

I r excite.

BustedS13
05-18-2011, 05:28 PM

not only am i getting two free games and some other free goodies, but for every year that i play PS3 instead of 360, i basically earn another free game.

BoostSlideWayz
05-18-2011, 06:51 PM
when does psn store work ? someone told me on the 31st..

BOROSUN
05-18-2011, 07:22 PM
same for me.

BOROSUN
05-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Report: PlayStation Store Reopens May 24, Quickly Flooded with New Content (http://kotaku.com/5803619/report-playstation-store-reopens-may-24-quickly-flooded-with-new-content)

may 24

BoostSlideWayz
05-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Seems like this hack was actually a good thing... free games and rentals and other stuff..... with my budget free is good to hear.

HyperTek
05-21-2011, 10:07 AM
sorry i been away, how can i claim free game from psn? i havent booted my ps3 to broadband in a month since i been away.

BoostSlideWayz
05-21-2011, 12:35 PM
you get access too freestuff when playstation store is back up... so i would imagine you just download what you want and they dont charge you.. or.. they might actually make it so you cn only get certain games for free... idk.. but will see when the 24th or 30th come..

Anyone know if psn store will be up today ? it says the 24th from somewhere i read.. i guess i was ust excited cuz i checked it soon as i woke up.

DrftSLowHomIe!!
05-27-2011, 09:57 AM
any updates???

BoostSlideWayz
05-27-2011, 11:56 AM
last one i saw was on the 24th, said the tor should be up by the end of the month and it getting close..... i cant play my shift 2 online dammit.

BoostSlideWayz
05-30-2011, 11:19 PM
*BUMP* the updated weve all been waiting for.

Full PSN Services, including PlayStation Store, Return This Week – PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/30/full-psn-services-including-playstation-store-return-this-week/)

simmode1
05-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Nice. I want my free stuff.

If you have multiple existing profiles on one PS3, does that mean you get even more free schwag?

BoostSlideWayz
05-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Nice. I want my free stuff.

If you have multiple existing profiles on one PS3, does that mean you get even more free schwag?

I bet they can somehow control like .. a certain amount of stuff per system or something.

LimeLite Racing
06-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm excited to get some free shit.

S14kouki_10
06-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Free games.

lawrenceyang
06-02-2011, 01:10 AM
i think some people are getting too pissed at this shit to be honest. you swear not having psn is the worst thing that can happen to you. in fact id argue that its pretty sweet not playing online games all the time.

*post not directed towards anyone in this post, just saw some peoples response to sonys offers being REAAAAL MAAAWWWDDD

BOROSUN
06-02-2011, 02:27 AM
I was watching a movie on netflix. Then psn died. What the hell....

BOROSUN
06-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Ooh shit store is up

Anyone know how to get the listed free games?

DRIFTER-M
06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Anyone know how to get the listed free games?

According to the PlayStation Blog, they are putting the final touches on it and it will be up soon.

PlayStation Store is Available and Updated Now – PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/01/playstation-store-is-available-and-updated-now/)

BoostSlideWayz
06-02-2011, 03:11 PM
IM pretty sure for the games... you just click buy and then the total will just be 0.00. when i bought a DLC for shift 2 it was 10 bucks but the total came to 0.00 so im sure that will happen with other things.

BOROSUN
06-02-2011, 10:43 PM
is there another way? im hesitating to put my cc on psn. if you guys didnt know sony got hacked again.

TheWolf
06-03-2011, 05:28 AM
is there another way? im hesitating to put my cc on psn. if you guys didnt know sony got hacked again.

just the movie side..

after sony went after the guy who hacked the PS3 and wanted the names and addresses of all 25,000+ people who left a comment on his youtube vid.. rumor has it.. they pissed off alot of people most of them on 4chan.. so I think sony will suffer the wrath of the internet for some time to come if they don't put down their lawyers.. I doubt it though. Soon I bet they'll try and sue anonymous. :zombie:

1on1
06-03-2011, 09:08 AM
i think some people are getting too pissed at this shit to be honest. you swear not having psn is the worst thing that can happen to you. in fact id argue that its pretty sweet not playing online games all the time.

*post not directed towards anyone in this post, just saw some peoples response to sonys offers being REAAAAL MAAAWWWDDD

truth.

I deal with this shit everyday but on the PC-side.

Robb
06-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Find Out if Your Sony Information Was Leaked Right Here (http://gizmodo.com/5808324/find-out-of-your-sony-information-was-leaked-right-here)

BOROSUN
06-03-2011, 05:15 PM
yeah i know, fox and pbs was also hacked by the same group.

good thing is with all this money lost...sony can push ps4 which they hinted is on development already. able to handle 4k resolution with the new 4k resolution tv sets coming soon.

Agamemnon
06-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Anyone else able to download the free games? I got PSPlus to download, but I keep getting error messages for the rest.

beeracing s14
06-03-2011, 09:20 PM
theyve got to sell the ps3 for at least 150 now.

Pactin
06-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Okay so I messed up retrieving my free games. There's that icon that says "Free PS3 Game 1" which I clicked on and it confirmed. But instead of choosing which I wanted I pressed circle (back) and not I can't retrieve it. I did this for both PS3 and PSP :( don't make the same mistake

**EDIT**
For all you idiots like me out there who did the above there is a way to retrieve it after all lol. On the XMB go to account management> transaction management > services list

lawrenceyang
06-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Okay so I messed up retrieving my free games. There's that icon that says "Free PS3 Game 1" which I clicked on and it confirmed. But instead of choosing which I wanted I pressed circle (back) and not I can't retrieve it. I did this for both PS3 and PSP :( don't make the same mistake

costly mistake friend

Pactin
06-04-2011, 01:39 AM
costly mistake friend

Not a big problem since the games were compensation for something I wasn't crying over (psn hacked). I was looking forward to playing Infamous, though.

Kind of funny because I thought "I'll just get the coupon now and retrieve the games tomorrow once I've decided." patience fail lol

lawrenceyang
06-04-2011, 03:06 AM
i really didnt enjoy infamous so you arent missing out ;)

meme2105
06-04-2011, 07:53 AM
i got my 2 games. and thanx pactin for the edit info. the same shit happened to me last night. finishing up downloading the 2nd game right now.

simmode1
06-04-2011, 09:18 AM
My online access is down at the moment. Is it true that you only get to choose between, like, 4 games to download & you can get 2 of them?

kenS14
06-04-2011, 10:35 AM
infamous and wipeout....ftw

lawrenceyang
06-04-2011, 12:23 PM
got dead nation, not sure other game im gonna download

HyperTek
06-04-2011, 12:25 PM
if you have another psn account you can get more games . =)
Your other account (s) had to have been created before april.
I got wipeout hd, dead nation, stardust and infamous.

and you get some free movie rentals though nothing spectacular.

BoostSlideWayz
06-04-2011, 02:01 PM
I tried to log into one of my account from awhile back and it wouldnt even let me reset my password. but yeah my ps3 is old i only have like about 10 gb left i need to save every bit of it lol

LimeLite Racing
06-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Damn. An error has occurred. Come on Playstation store! I want some free shit!

Agamemnon
06-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Damn. An error has occurred. Come on Playstation store! I want some free shit!

I got that error message constantly. Just hit the back button and try again. You'll get it soon enough.

BoostSlideWayz
06-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Dam i just deleted some old save data of games i dont have anymore.... and i went from 7 gb to 24 lol

*EDIT*

where exactly do you down load the games ? i tried searching and couldnt find a download for the actual game just DLC packs.

*EDIT AGAIN*

never mind :D

*EDIT ONE LAST TIME*

Are you only alowed to download the games with the yellow + sign ? or like anything you want ?

DRIFTER-M
06-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Dam i just deleted some old save data of games i dont have anymore.... and i went from 7 gb to 24 lol

*EDIT*

where exactly do you down load the games ? i tried searching and couldnt find a download for the actual game just DLC packs.

*EDIT AGAIN*

never mind :D

*EDIT ONE LAST TIME*

Are you only alowed to download the games with the yellow + sign ? or like anything you want ?

You should see something about the "Welcome Back Page". Click on that. You will see boxes at the top in rows, just like when you are normally in the PS Store. One will say something to the degree of "30 day PS+", click that if you want to activate your 30 day free PS+. One will say "PS3 Free Game 1", one will say "PS3 Free Game 2", one will say "PSP Free Game 1", and so forth. If you are a PS3 owner, click on "Free PS3 Game 1" - it will take you to the page with the free titles. Select which one you want, then click download. It may onform you that 'this title is a free purchase for the welcome back package and you must first select free game 1' or something to that regard. If that happens, it will yet again redirect you to the page to click "PS3 Free Game 1". Click it, get it, then it will take you back to game you requested, which you will then hit "download" to get.

Enjoy :D

Sorry if a few things are a bit inaccurate, I am doing this from memory. I believe it was something to that regard though.

BustedS13
06-05-2011, 10:40 PM

**EDIT**
For all you idiots like me out there who did the above there is a way to retrieve it after all lol. On the XMB go to account management> transaction management > services list

had to do the same thing this morning, got Dead Nation, not sure about my second game yet. DN is awesome, though.

so should i get Stardust or Wipeout? i'm leaning towards Wipeout.

BoostSlideWayz
06-05-2011, 11:13 PM
You should see something about the "Welcome Back Page". Click on that. You will see boxes at the top in rows, just like when you are normally in the PS Store. One will say something to the degree of "30 day PS+", click that if you want to activate your 30 day free PS+. One will say "PS3 Free Game 1", one will say "PS3 Free Game 2", one will say "PSP Free Game 1", and so forth. If you are a PS3 owner, click on "Free PS3 Game 1" - it will take you to the page with the free titles. Select which one you want, then click download. It may onform you that 'this title is a free purchase for the welcome back package and you must first select free game 1' or something to that regard. If that happens, it will yet again redirect you to the page to click "PS3 Free Game 1". Click it, get it, then it will take you back to game you requested, which you will then hit "download" to get.

Enjoy :D

Sorry if a few things are a bit inaccurate, I am doing this from memory. I believe it was something to that regard though.

Idk from what i found was a thing that gave me freedownloads that only totals up to like 18 titles .... and only one i would have gotten in mass effect 2 but it only lets me play 60 mins a day for a year.. and that was a deal breaker for me.