PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2 Mod Chips

nocomedown
10-12-2003, 09:07 PM
has anyone gotten one of these for their PS2 so they can play import games? i really wanna get Club Football: Liverpool, but of course it wont be released in the good ol' USA. know of any problems with these?

zero.counter
10-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Hey Bro,

I used to have one until I sold the PS2 and it gave me no problems with games.

Good Site (http://www.modchipz.com/)

But remember, they are illegal in the U.S. according to the DMCA.

Maeda
10-12-2003, 09:41 PM
dude i just want one so I can play my burned Initial D Special Stage =D

nocomedown
10-12-2003, 10:05 PM
thanks zero, appreciate it.
i'm not really worried about the legalities - i don't really see how i could get busted for something like that. a bit ridiculous if you ask me. all i wanna do is play some club football!
is there a certain model you reccomend? i was kinda lookin into the Magic 3.1 one, looked to be pretty cool

RoNiN240sx
10-13-2003, 12:07 AM
yah, just make sure you get the right chip, my younger brother got ours chipped at some guys shop, the burned games play great, but all of our store bought games, one's i've dished 40 bucks for, the laser burns rings in em! so yah, i'm not sure which chip we have, just make sure you get the right kind. btw, initial D still works however so ha. hehe.

SilviaNinja240
10-13-2003, 01:33 AM
I'm lucky to have moded my ps2 when I did, now all my old hookups are in jail:wtc:

nocomedown
10-13-2003, 05:27 PM
how hard are these to install? i dont wanna end up breaking my PS2

kazuo
10-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by nocomedown
how hard are these to install? i dont wanna end up breaking my PS2

If you've never done any soldering, pay someone else.

The points on the boards are VERY small and only get smaller as you move to the newer revisions of the PS2 motherboard.

You are better off paying someone else to do it. I'm not sure where you stay at, but if you're anywhere near the Bay Area, you can take it to Network Video in Burlingame or Games Etc. (are they even still open? I heard they closed up) in Frisco.

Otherwise look online... good luck

nocomedown
10-13-2003, 07:42 PM
hmm...alright, i guess i'll have someone else install it. anyone know of any places in the dallas area? unfortunately im not located in california like 95% of this board :doh:

kazuo
10-14-2003, 11:50 AM
http://www.modchip.ca/products/ps2/premod.php

And yes that's in USD. Not the best price but better than frying your PS2 trying to stick a chip in there.

Plus they guarantee the unit and everything... good luck