PDA

View Full Version : im thinking about buying a mustang

Emperiorjack
10-12-2003, 08:07 PM
cause i cannot find a 240sx for sale in my area. should i start looking for a mustang gt or just wait for a 240sx to show up

720_datsun
10-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Emperiorjack
cause i cannot find a 240sx for sale in my area. should i start looking for a mustang gt or just wait for a 240sx to show up you dont deserve a 240 if your giving up for a rustang. so go take you sorry ass and buy that piece of crap.

mrmephistopheles
10-12-2003, 08:14 PM
720: if you don't have anything useful to post, don't post!
there's no need to flame the guy and tell him he doesn't 'deserve' a certain car.
note to you: you don't even own a 240.
2nd note to you: 240s are not the end-all be-all of cars. they're a CHEAP import car that is fun to drive.

EmperorJack:
buy a fox-body mustang, sink $5k into it and be into the 12s or 11s.

zero.counter
10-12-2003, 08:20 PM
cause i cannot find a 240sx for sale in my area. should i start looking for a mustang gt or just wait for a 240sx to show up
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
j/k

Well, if there have not been any 240s for awhile, then I would go ahead and go for the stang. My main beef with them is individuality and the fact that there is a lack of when it comes to a mustang, but again IMO.

nuttypboy
10-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Have you ever thought about a 93' and up camaro? I think i'd get a camaro over a mustang

wingsnthangs
10-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Quit it with the pity posts. You post this on a 240SX forum, what do you expect to hear? How many people here are qualified (owning a mustang and a 240) to adequately comment without total bias?

s13silady
10-13-2003, 05:54 AM
well if you can't find a 240 (which hopefully you'll be able to find), and have to get a mustang... i would try to get an SVT Cobra, or look for a used Rouche...

MorganS13
10-13-2003, 06:04 AM
get a stang and twin turbo it.. its one hell of a ride (especially looking bone stock on the outside) :boink:

brianglawson
10-13-2003, 02:25 PM
but why would someone want a mustand unless all you do is straight line. they have used the same rear suspension since 1977 in the rear(except on newer cobras) and they are gonna use it when the "completely new" one comes out in like 2005. screw that solid axle crap. give me a stock 240sx over a mustang anyday for everyday driving and tuning, a mustand is only good for one thingand that is a ______________________________________

Sundi240
10-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Yes, go with the Mustang. I was going to get a 240, and decided to go with a 91 GT. I'm more into drag racing anyways, and it handles fine to me. Get some nice suspension mods done and I don't see why everyone thinks it can only go straight-line.

sykikchimp
10-13-2003, 02:58 PM
my advice is to look further away. I drove 300+ miles to get my baby.

RBS14
10-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by sykikchimp
my advice is to look further away. I drove 300+ miles to get my baby.

I second that. I was an idiot and had mine shipped from FL.

ruf
10-13-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by zero.counter
My main beef with them is individuality and the fact that there is a lack of when it comes to a mustang, but again IMO. And 240SX are SO unique... :p

Get what you want. Availability shouldn't be an issue if you want the car bad enough. If you really want a 240SX, don't settle for a Mustang. If you really want a Mustang. Get it.

kazuo
10-13-2003, 07:42 PM
If you wanna go fast in a straight line, **** the 240 and get a Mustang.

Buy a F-Body for like next to nothing, supercharge that sucker and off you go. ;)

Or you can do what I wanna do... supercharge, fix up the suspension on a F-Body and go take that sucker sideways. (Push gas pedal, turn wheel sharply, smile and grin)

;)

Do whatever works for you. Do not listen to people who have nothing of value to say. Most of these people have never driven a Mustang so I don't understand how they can profess to hate a car they have never driven. (That statement does not apply for everyone -- note how I said "most") Shrugh.

Good luck

zero.counter
10-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by ruf
And 240SX are SO unique... :p

Well, considering the amount of S14s I see in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Aransas Pass, Ingleside, McAllen, Laredo, San Angelo, Austin, Sinton, Odem, Calallen, Kingsville, Alice, Robstown, Rockport, Port Lavaca, Portland, Brownsville, Mathis, Mercedes, Edcouch/Elsa, Rio Grande City, and so forth is nothing compared to the amount of stangs I have seen in those areas. The odds encountered are more like 6 to 1. But hey, that's what I see. :)

BTW, I drive alot ;)