PDA

View Full Version : How to eliminate F&R fender gap

bakabaka
04-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Whats up everyone. I got a S13.5 that has a 50mm rear wide body. My question... whats the most effective way of sealing/filling the gap between the oversized fender/widebody and the inner fender (original body).

I'm trying to eliminate the chance of water puddles/rock chips/leaves/dirt/dust.. etc sitting in between the widebody/fender and body. Another question, seems my widebody fitment is crap becaused theres a 1/2inch to 1inch gap where the gas lid is. I also need to seal that gap. Any ideas/tip of the trade out there? I've worked on body mods/repairs before :smash:.. just would like some insights on the most effective way of handling this. Regardless if its the quick or painful solution.

Kudos,
Jay

update: gas lid issue solved.. now still stuck on gap between widebody panel and inner original body panel.

Highway Riding
04-24-2011, 05:46 PM
If it is really bad then you have to mold it. If it doesn't line up the first time then you have to massage and mold and do work.

bakabaka
05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
bump.. still stuck on this issue guys.. having the worst time trying to solve it.

Come on.. someone must have done this before.

iLagX
05-01-2011, 02:36 PM
any pictures?

Mishkin_707
05-01-2011, 03:31 PM
for the fender gaps, why don't you go to a junkyard and find some plastic fender liners maybe from a ford car or truck (biggest liners) and cut them, the size give you lots of room to cut and if you mess up there's enough for more, may have to find a way to zip tie it in but it should solve that problem.

im a moron sorry, when you say between the oem quarter pander and the widebody quarter are you referring to the part above the tire? hence my fender liner idea?

rat240
05-01-2011, 03:33 PM
ummmmmmmmm expanding foam sir