PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Kill Bill?

Stee Flo
10-11-2003, 09:51 AM
Just saw it yesterday evening and the movie rocks! It is kinda like a comic book or manga come to life. There are some really gory scenes in the film, but the gore and violence is done in a comical manner (on purpose). The blood just sprays from limbs and bodies like in anime films! The directing, music, and storyline is what one would expect from a Tarentino film, if youve ever seen any of his work. There is this really cool animated part of the film for the anime/animation buff. This movie wont appeal to everyone, because of the style used, but i liked it! :bowdown: :bow:

Fastback180
10-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Stee Flo
The blood just sprays from limbs and bodies like in anime films

Yojimbo style.

Fake blood in a bike pump.

Yeah I've been really wanting to see this. Terintino's movies rock hardcore....Baleedat.

ca18guy
10-11-2003, 11:13 AM
I wasn't gonna watch it but since I heard it had a Z32 in it, I'll probably download ummm I mean goto the theater and watch it :)

exitspeed
10-11-2003, 11:18 AM
I LOVED IT!. Definatly on of my favorite martial arts movies ever. Right under Iron Monkey and Matrix. Rza did the music, uma had on Bruce Lee's yellow and black outfit, Yen Woo Ping did the coreography(sp), that movies is the s**t!. Go see it.

RoNiN240sx
10-11-2003, 11:59 AM
definitely one of the better movies of the year. Tarantino rules, RZA, while he didn't do all of the music, the bits he did were great, and all of Tarantino's music choices were perfect. The anime part was incredible, and the fight sequences brutal, i personally don't think that he needed to split the movie into two parts, i think he should've just let the whole thing run, cause when it ended it was just liek.....and then? hehe, a lot of little homages to the chopy socky flicks of old too. there wasn't as much witty dialogue as pulp fiction, but there were alotta memorable one liners. go see it! hehe.

kazuo
10-11-2003, 04:34 PM
Saw it last night... overall I liked it but it wasn't perfect. There were parts with really poorly-written dialogue, the animation sequence was totally out of place, and Lucy Liu is still a horrible actress (and her Japanese is atrocious)

Aside from that I adore this film. It was ****ing great. When I saw "with music by THE RZA" I just went nuts. :) Sonny Chiba's in it, David Carradine is in it, CHIAKI (!) is in it and she's a ****ing psycho... it rocks!

UMA wearing BRUCE LEE'S getup from Game of Death while she slices the **** out of guys in Kato masks... priceless. :)

Be warned though... this movie is SUPAR violent... but its done in such a campy fashion.... :)

SimpleS14
10-11-2003, 10:25 PM
saw the movie tonight and I must say it was actually nice. It's not for everyone and that movie is VERY gorgy(sp?)..you will know once you see the first scene. Most of the action/violence reminds me of anime...but they went over board during the "House of Blue Leaves" chapter. It sucks that they just cut it off....but that does give me yet another movie to look at for.

Speaking of that.....did anyone see the previews to Matrix: Revolutions and LOTR: Return of the King ?? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THOSE MOVIES!!!! :aw:

BadMoJo
10-12-2003, 01:52 AM
All I gotta say is D0p3 fo ShiZzl3 y000oo!!11!!

:bowdown: :bow:

NeLO aNgeLO
10-12-2003, 02:15 AM
just saw it today. great movie. fight scenes were awesome the chicks hot and the violence kool. does anybody know when volume 2 comes out????-dave

drift into a curb
10-12-2003, 04:25 AM
February 2004 I heard. 4 month wait which was about the same with Matrix reloaded and the new one coming out.

G_Fish240
10-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by ca18guy
I wasn't gonna watch it but since I heard it had a Z32 in it, I'll probably download ummm I mean goto the theater and watch it :)

yeah the fair lady z was nice

Flybert
10-12-2003, 08:49 PM
The movie kicked ass but Lucy Liu really needs to work on her Japanese pronunciation. The animation sequence fit in just fine and the sound during this scene was freaking amazing. I'm just wondering what kind of setting the next movie is going to be like.

240_keyy
10-12-2003, 10:31 PM
my wife and I saw it today, it was pimp, very good cinematics. Can't wait till the next one :)

memphiss13
10-12-2003, 10:48 PM
saw it today, it was a pretty good movie. the chick in the school girl outfit was pretty brutal. can't wait for the next one to come out.

NiteKids
10-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Lucy Liu is ugly and has lazy eye and ugly frekles. Her Japanese pronunciation was a peice of ****. Lucy Liu is a peice of ****. She has no boobs or ass. She's ugly as **** I dont' see how any guys finds her hot. Go go was hot as hell though.

Heartwork
10-12-2003, 11:45 PM
i thought Go Go was and still is ugly as sin with her huge nose since Battle Royale....

there are tons and tons of references in this movie to Tarantino's influences, i.e. Sonny Chiba from Streetfighter series, David Carradine, Kato masks, Ichi the Killer references, Hattori Hanzo from the Shadow Warriors series, Fukaksaka's extreme gore, Takashi Miike's extreme gore, etc....

loved the movie overall...of course the acting was pretty bad, it's a homage to all those bad 70's kung fu flicks :D

aznpoopy
10-13-2003, 08:02 AM
interesting movie. i was annoyed a bit. they seemed to be mixing too many different genres. chinese kung fu pics, japanese samurai soaps and anime. the anime sequence was my favorite part of the movie despite being totally out of place. the blood gushing out of ppl looks great in anime... but not in a live action movie. me and my gf were really excited when we saw the 300zx though hehe.

i think lucy liu's japanese was supposed to be bad. she's a half chinese half japanese abJ, no? agreed that she's busted. i never understood why ppls think shes hot. gogo was hot. her socks thats a very 'jdm' nose. i guess its an acquired taste? lol. btw am i the only one who thought *samurai spirits* when they mentioned hattori hanzo?

M.Piedlourde
10-13-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by aznpoopy
btw am i the only one who thought *samurai spirits* when they mentioned hattori hanzo?

No, I thought the exact same thing. I know that Hattori Hanzo was a historical character, but I can't help but wonder if Tarantino also named his sword-maker Hanzo because of that game.

Stee Flo
10-13-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Heartwork
i thought Go Go was and still is ugly as sin with her huge nose since Battle Royale....:D

Yeah i remember her from Battle Royale; liked that movie as well. I think she is pretty hot despite the large nose.

btw am i the only one who thought *samurai spirits* when they mentioned hattori hanzo?
Haaahaa...me and my friends where laughing and thinking Samarai showdown(spirits) when whe heard Hattori Hanzo as well:D

SimpleS14
10-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Go go was pretty cute and was very brutal. The facial features and outfit screamed about Japanese school girl. It sucked that she made one simple mistake with that ball and chain....she was kicking ass with that thing. I find Lucky Lu hot mainly because she gives off this naughty girl ora. Vivica Fox looked yummy in that outfit :drool: :boink: but I was really upset that she didn't last to long in the movie.

rancid240
10-13-2003, 12:52 PM

i think lucy liu's japanese was supposed to be bad. she's a half chinese half japanese abJ, no?

I think she is full chinese

kazuo
10-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Yes, Lucy Liu is "100%" Chinese. And 100% Ugly.

Hattori Hanzo is a real person. He was like a Shinobi (assasin) or something. I forget.

But yea, so many references to chop-sockey flicks... it was awesome. I love it! Bought the soundtrack yesterday too.. I LOVE that Nancy Sinatra song. :)

Dousan_PG
10-13-2003, 01:27 PM
lucy lui is ass ugly and a bad actress. cant stand her
going to see KILL BILL this week sometime. my friend saw it and wants to see it again so we'll go. :) looks great!

Stee Flo
10-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by rancid240

I think he means the character that Lui played in the movie was supposed to be half chinese, half japanese and that might justify her bad japanese.;)

Zemus
10-13-2003, 02:14 PM
WONDERFUL MOVIE!!

Loved the RHD Z32, mm

Also the anime part, wait.. ILOVE THE WHOLE THING!

TRUENOCOUPE
10-13-2003, 02:53 PM
I wanted the blood to spray on her face or something...

Story was kinda whack IMO. The black and white and cartoonish shiet was kinda annoying. I was getting confused after all those chapter bullshiet. But good fights.

direb0y
10-13-2003, 03:21 PM
kill bill kicked my ass and made me like it

chokudoriS13
10-13-2003, 04:00 PM
I'm going to go see it this week. I've been waiting for over a year to check out the RHD Fairlady Z, ever since my friend - FF Drifter on here (who worked on the movie as a stunt driver) told me it was on the set :D.

Heartwork
10-13-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by TRUENOCOUPE
I wanted the blood to spray on her face or something...

Story was kinda whack IMO. The black and white and cartoonish shiet was kinda annoying. I was getting confused after all those chapter bullshiet. But good fights.

what was so confusing about the chapters?
it's just out of time sequence, much like Pulp Fiction....story is kinda "whack" at this point because it was only the first Volume of a 2 Volume series....the story will get wrapped up in the second one..

Tarantino originally wanted to release this as a single film, but the studio wouldnt let him, so he did it a 2 part series...then Tarantino wanted viewers to be able to go back in line and pay for the second volume when they finished the first one, but that got rejected too....

TRUENOCOUPE
10-13-2003, 05:15 PM
what was so confusing about the chapters?
it's just out of time sequence, much like Pulp Fiction....story is kinda "whack" at this point because it was only the first Volume of a 2 Volume series....the story will get wrapped up in the second one..

Tarantino originally wanted to release this as a single film, but the studio wouldnt let him, so he did it a 2 part series...then Tarantino wanted viewers to be able to go back in line and pay for the second volume when they finished the first one, but that got rejected too....

Example...

She skipped to four years then killed vivica fox.

Then they went back on time going how she got shot.

Then they went back to the past again showing how she killed Lucy liu first. Showing the Lucy Liu past blah blah. Story was confusing IMO.

Why can't it just past to present.

RoNiN240sx
10-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Because that's Tarantino for ya, hehe. and the black and white sequences, when she's fighting the crazy 88, i've heard that was something they did to ruse the MPAA into letting the film be rated R instead of NC-17 or whatever. if that black and white fight were to be in color.....imagine the blood!!! hehe, rumor has it that they might have a colored version on the DVD.......one can only hope.

Fastback180
10-13-2003, 07:02 PM
Mr Pink here says he doesn't tip
What makes you think you don't have to tip?
I just think that we're forced to do something that isn't really nessecary
These waitresses get **** for pay. They live for their tips
Well no one's forcing them to be a waitress. They can get a better job
I mean, give me a blowjob and yeah I'll tip

Anyone? Anyone?

THX1138
10-13-2003, 08:43 PM
I saw "Kill Bill" at midnight Friday, with "Rocky Horror" next door bleeding through in some of the quiet bits. I haven't had that much fun watching mass slaughter since, uh, crap, I don't know. :axe:

I've been a Tarantino fan since I saw "Pulp Fiction" (with my mom, that was interesting), and the boy did it again with the story of The Bride. Perfect use of music, beautiful photography, and huge swordfights so fast and furious I can finally put that movie about the "goddamn street racers" out of my head. Using the spraying blood for comic effect was perfect, but I couldn't help thinking those bastards were gonna die soon from hypertension anyway.

I dug the anime sequence, and was glad to finally see Uma with red stains on her suit instead of the black she had in the trailers. I've read that the black&white section of the Showdown at the House of Blue Leaves is in color in the Asian prints (like it is in the trailers), so maybe there'll be an option to watch it in unrated screw-the-MPAA color on the DVD.

I'm gonna try to see it again this weekend. I gotta check out some stuff...

SimpleS14
10-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by RoNiN240sx
hehe, rumor has it that they might have a colored version on the DVD.......one can only hope.

man....that would be so crazy.

aznpoopy
10-14-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by rancid240

i meant her *character* in the movie is half chinese and half japanese. hence the yakuza boss that got decapitated and her semi-poor japanese.

i also found that b&w scene really disorienting. i was expecting color... it was color in the trailers. and i was expecting the out of order storytelling. that's one of his trademarks. my gf said it was like watching an episodic anime series out of order, which i thought was a fitting analogy.

Steeles
10-14-2003, 09:03 AM
Example...

Then they went back to the past again showing how she killed Lucy liu first. Showing the Lucy Liu past blah blah. Story was confusing IMO.

thats just tarintinos style.. all his films are like that.. only one that annoyed me was pulp fiction.. and even that one makes sense after you watch it a couple times.

I ****ing loved the movie, the scene where hanzo made the sword and the ceremony around it was awsome. so many philisophical touches thrown in. like lucy lui apologizing for her comment in the middle of the fight and Umas words to vivicas kid in the kitchen. awsome movie. I gotta go see it again. :) and wasnt that gordon lui as hanzos assistant? I do wish they had saved the art of war quote (or is it in the Hagakure? cant remember)about being focused on your target for during the crazy 88 fight. I gotta find that whole quote now :)

Heartwork
10-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Example...

ahhhh, the beauty of a brilliant filmmaker.....
i think if this was cut and dry start to finish, in logical time sequence, it wouldnt have been as much fun as if it was out of time sequence.....

i mean, its not confusin at all, just keeps the pacing up, the different approach to storytelling...
in Pulp Fiction, its pretty damn obvious that the movie was made like a puzzle, and pretty easy to put together, but there are soooooo damn many biblical references, influences, use of absent scenery in that movie that just makes it a classic.....Pulp Fiction didnt need any action, but just a whole movie based around a brilliant script, filming techniques and acting...

Kill Bill on the other hand relied on technical aspects of filmmaking, visuals, soundtrack, sets, characters, cheesy dialogue, over the top action.....Tarantino just wanted to do a different type of movie from his other films...

Dousan_PG
10-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Fastback180
Mr Pink here says he doesn't tip
What makes you think you don't have to tip?
I just think that we're forced to do something that isn't really nessecary
These waitresses get **** for pay. They live for their tips
Well no one's forcing them to be a waitress. They can get a better job
I mean, give me a blowjob and yeah I'll tip

Anyone? Anyone?

if your going to try and quote it, at least be SOMEWHAT close to the movie hahahahah
way off

Heartwork
10-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
if your going to try and quote it, at least be SOMEWHAT close to the movie hahahahah
way off

havent seen it in a while, but im gonna say %90 Resevoir Dogs

Steeles
10-14-2003, 03:48 PM
havent seen it in a while, but im gonna say %90 Resevoir Dogs

as screwed up as the quote was at least he got the name right and that gives it away 100% as Resivour Dogs. hard to believe that movies like 10 years old already... man Im getting old

kazuo
10-14-2003, 04:45 PM
The scene in the House of Blue Leaves that was B&W was done that way not as a stylistic choice but, as someone else mentioned, because QT was trying to avoid getting a NC-17 because of the violence.

Honestly I was pissed off that it suddenly cut to B&W (it ruined the fun! and style-wise it was stupid) but QT said in an interview that the DVD will be unrated and will feature it in color, as it is being seen in some European and Asian markets (like Japan).

Can't wait for the second one. Cus it'll have Michael Madsen and Samuel Jackson! wooot.

Steeles
10-14-2003, 07:41 PM
I didnt mind the B&W it reminded me of lone wolf and cub flicks :) I chocked it up to another homage.

Sanchi
10-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Well i dont know about the B&W being homage to anything but it was outa place, only part of the movie i didnt fully like!! Part 1 paied homage to all the old school asian movies, Part 2 is supose to be like all the westerns, all the shoot-em up's!!! A GUN movie next February!! WHOOT!!:eek:

Fastback180
10-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
way off

:p I haven't seen it in a long time. I had to at least put the idea out. :D

Steeles
10-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Fastback180
:p I haven't seen it in a long time. I had to at least put the idea out. :D
then try www.moviequotes.com :D

dorachagi1
10-15-2003, 08:22 PM
The quote about killing the enemy is from Hagakure, same as all the cool quotes in "Ghost Dog". I love all of the genres that this movie is a mix of, and I loved the hell out of Kill Bill. Maybe I can use it as a way to turn my friends on to all of the old-school kung fu and samurai movies I watch, and all of the more modern and much more ****ed up Japanese movies from Takeshi Miike and Beat Takeshi. I was thinking that GoGo looked like Chigusa from Battle Royale, glad to see I was right. I think that the swordmaster's assistant was Gordon Liu, but it's hard to be sure, I only know what he looked like a few decades ago with a mustache. Glad to hear about the color sequence being in the DVD too, I will be buying that fo sho. Oh, and although GoGo is plenty doable, Lucy Liu is friggin superhot. After that scene where she chops off dude's head and then gives that little psycho mixed-Japanese-and-English pep talk to the quivering Yakuza bosses I am totally in love with O-ren Ishii.

Steeles
10-16-2003, 07:42 AM
this site is the one that got me to read the Hagakure and to finish reading the Art of War. if you liked that side of KB I think you'll find this entertaining. you will have to go to the other side of the site and see the other two falsh movies as well. great stuff..

http://www.matazone.co.uk/samuri1.html

RoNiN240sx
10-16-2003, 08:23 AM
yah Gordon Lui was the the swordmaster's (Sonny Chiba) assistant, he's also gonna be in volume 2 playing another unrelated character, Pai Mei. If you've seen some of the old trailers that's the guy with the long white hair and long white mustache. can't wait.

kazuo
10-16-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by RoNiN240sx
yah Gordon Lui was the the swordmaster's (Sonny Chiba) assistant, he's also gonna be in volume 2 playing another unrelated character, Pai Mei. If you've seen some of the old trailers that's the guy with the long white hair and long white mustache. can't wait.

Gordon Liu played the "head" guy of the Crazy 88 (the guy with the two blades). Ouba Kenji was the guy at the sushi bar with Chiba.

Cus yea, if the guy at the bar was Gordon Liu he was the best non-Japanese Japanese speaker! heh.

But Liu kicked ass regardless. :D