PDA

View Full Version : I give up

TheTimanator
10-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Tonight I got pulled over for the second time in a month. This time it was two tickets, 8 points and $350 :eek: I'm mad not because I got caught not but because I knew better, and I did it anyway. As a result I have decided to sell my 240. It sucks because I love the car and wish there was another way, but I need to drive something that I can't be tempted to have fun in since I can't seem to control myself. Maybe someday, when I can afford two cars, I'll own a 240 once again. You'll be seeing it in the For Sale section soon (it's nothing spectacular) and after it's sold I doubt I'll be visiting much (haven't had time to lately anyway). Thanks to all those who have helped me in the past.

mvaters
10-10-2003, 11:51 PM
hopefully you dont mess up your license. i went 3 years without driving because i lost too many points. good luck with a new car though. and i agree, you dont need a fast car for the street, because if you're going to be driving fast, you will get caught.

camppain
10-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Your own fault. You shoulda learned when you got the prior tickets. Grow up.

RoNiN240sx
10-11-2003, 12:47 AM
whoa.....3 years???? that must've been torture, i've gotten mine suspended for 6 months for an incident that wasn't even related to driving, and that was hell enough for me....3 years..i feel for you man.

mvaters
10-11-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by RoNiN240sx
whoa.....3 years???? that must've been torture, i've gotten mine suspended for 6 months for an incident that wasn't even related to driving, and that was hell enough for me....3 years..i feel for you man. i must say, i saved alot of money. but it was inconfenient :(

hondaguy
10-11-2003, 02:03 AM
the street is no plave to have fun with a car:blah: unless theres no1 around:bigok:

TheTimanator
10-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by camppain
Your own fault. You shoulda learned when you got the prior tickets. Grow up.
I know its my own fault . I know I should have learned the first time. And I know I need to grow up. That's one of the reasons I'm selling it. You act like you've never gotten a ticket. Well, thanks for pointing out the obvious. Moving on.....

Anyway, I think I get a pickup or something. I could really use the hauling space....

Pepperoni
10-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Damn, well hopefully this experience sticks to ya this time. Itt just happens, you do something you really dont think is a good idea but then you're just like aw **** it...then u get screwed :(

it's very tempting to have fun in a 240sx :p

good luck

RoNiN240sx
10-11-2003, 12:23 PM
hehe well i've noticed a trend with alotta my friends who're tired of getting tickets in their sport cars and wanna move on. they either move on to 1) big trucks with a lotta torque or 2) superbikes with alotta speed. looks like you're taking that truck route huh?

TheTimanator
10-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I'll probably be going the truck route but not a big one. I just need something big enough to tote my bands gear around. Probably a little Nissan pickup or Toyota Tacoma, or even an S10 if I can find one I like. The bike option crossed my mind, but thats even faster that what I have now = me getting in more trouble.

BOOSTLOVER
10-13-2003, 02:56 AM
If I get another ticket my license will be suspended. A few days ago I got pulled over for going 64 in a 45 :faint: the cop saw my horrable record and still let me off with a warning!:bowdown: :rawk: what a nice guy.

aznpoopy
10-13-2003, 07:49 AM
i don't get it. i have never gotten pulled over in my 240. its a weak car with the stock engine. so i never punch it on the straights. turns are another story. :D

but when's the last time you see a cop pull someone over for taking a corner too fast? seriously though don't sell the car. just stay at a safe speed. u're going to want to drive fast no matter what car you have.

M.Piedlourde
10-13-2003, 09:04 AM
I'm not following the logic here. You've gotten a lot of tickets in the past, so you're selling the 240? Why? That line of thinking seems to imply that you somehow blame the car for the tickets you've received.