PDA

View Full Version : i hate to admit, but 240sx owners in my town are retarded

mvaters
10-10-2003, 10:00 PM
i used to own an S13, however, i sometimes feel ashamed to admit this. i live in a fairly small town, but there are about 5 S13's in town. all are stock. one guy claimed a few months ago to have a clip "on order"

not sure what this means. i could have a full clip arrive at my house in a few days. and 3 others have claimed that the infamous SR20DET swap is coming soon. they said this like 4 months ago. the other one, i know the guy quite well. he doesn't care to mod his car. its **** like this that makes me want to move into another car brand. its so weird, SR20DET is a ****ing cheap motor, everyone says its coming in the future, but they never buy one. as much as i love nissan, i hate these bandwagon 240sx owners who lie about their cars and the fate of their engines. i'll still visit this site because i know a fair deal about 240's and i hope to get back into one again someday. preferably an S14 this time though. nothing against 240's or anything, but its just a shift i guess. sorry for the rant

DuffMan
10-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Well the S13 is a cheap car that attracts people without a lot of money. Sometimes dreamers/posers.

hondaguy
10-11-2003, 02:07 AM
.......................:werd:

Toahk
10-11-2003, 03:41 PM
http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1240143#post1240143

Do you jump from board to board posting these things?

llcs-13
10-11-2003, 06:34 PM
jOO OWNED http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1240143#post1240143

zero.counter
10-11-2003, 07:22 PM
OUCH

...:doh:...

Mr. Badlose
03-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Quote from the Honda forum:
but I know damn well that a s13 will outperform my nx2000 anyday, stock vs stock or mod for mod.

Am I the only one who doesn't think that's accurate at all?

Anyways, yes....everyone is getting 240s, and I hate it. It's only natural for old owners to get pissed at all of these "JDM DRIFT-Rs" Buuuut, there's not much you can do about it. Who knows, maybe it'll make parts cheaper if 240s become the next Civic. Hah.

Salty_X
03-25-2004, 01:31 AM
It's only natural for old owners to get pissed at all of these "JDM DRIFT-Rs" Buuuut, there's not much you can do about it.
If people come correct and are open to knowledge, I say welcome.
If people want to talk like an idiot and claim to be knowledgeable when they are anything but, I shit on them.

The hard part is figuring out which category each noobie falls into (at least at first), because they all say the same thing: "Oh I've always loved 240s, ever since my mom test drove one while she was pregnant with me" :loco: But once you get past that bullshit it's pretty easy to tell who's for real and who isn't.

Really though, how long you've been into it isn't as important to me as how much you're into it. Compared to some people I'm still a noob and I've owned my car for over two years...

aznpoopy
03-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Really though, how long you've been into it isn't as important to me as how much you're into it. Compared to some people I'm still a noob and I've owned my car for over two years...

oo very true. ive had my car for almost a year and i dont feel very import culture-ish. just fixing stupid little mechanical issues 24/7. i feel like i might want to mod it more in the indefinite future, and maybe try autox and drift; but right now all i really want to do daily is go home and sleep. in fact i just washed the car for the first time since may last weekend. me and my gf were like whoa... was it this color when we bought it? the car actually looked nice. O_O

cali240sxdrifter
03-25-2004, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=Salty_X]
The hard part is figuring out which category each noobie falls into (at least at first), because they all say the same thing: "Oh I've always loved 240s, ever since my mom test drove one while she was pregnant with me" :loco: But once you get past that bullshit it's pretty easy to tell who's for real and who isn't.QUOTE]

[/rant] hehe, my S13 that I currently have has been in my family for 14 years now. I started to like the car when I was in Jr. High. Once in my Jr year of Highschool I got into my car. I was thought that it was fate hehe, but hey noobs have to start somewhere. I was never like that thou, The first 2 years people told me on 240sx.org forums, about me putting a so call SR in my car, I told them "naw, I'll be doing auto-x so I won't need it" hahaha and look at me now, noob drifting and a SR. Man I would so like to check out my old post on 240sx.org lol. yeah [/end rant]

nightwalker
03-25-2004, 12:11 PM
I can tell a noob right off the bat when I start talking to them. It's easy. Especially when they try to back up their story by saying... "I was into 240s back when"... How about, "I've owned my 240 since _____".

pfffffffFFFFF!!!! I've had my Tein HEs longer than most of you have had your cars.

but in the end :gives:

TurK
03-25-2004, 12:26 PM
ah the link did not work for me.... :tweak:

Pepperoni
03-25-2004, 12:31 PM
My 240 has been in my family for about 7-8 yrs now. Before I had my license, it was just another car to me. I wouldn't really pay much attention to it. Even when I got my license, it was still... just a car. I didn't know much about engine swaps or suspension mods or even drifting...till i visited this board heh. This board helps me with many mechanical problems and has the info I need for a future swap, if i ever consider it... theres so much info here, and it's so easy to look up. I lurked the boards for a while before I started posting here. I figured I had more to learn before I started giving advice. 240s are relatively cheap and great cars.

I know 240's have become much more popular these past years, but that doesn't really bother me. What can I do about it? Either accept it, or cry about it.

like nightwalker said, in the end... :gives:
sorry i got off topic for a bit heh

hookedup240
03-25-2004, 12:35 PM
ah the link did not work for me.... :tweak:

maybe because this thread is 6 months old.

Don't bring back old threads....especially one as pointless as this.

FastBack 240
03-25-2004, 01:20 PM
what a bull$hit thread.

nokeone
03-25-2004, 02:14 PM
:blah:

listen to the guy above...don't be a stupid noob and refresh old threads for no purpose...

TRUENOCOUPE
03-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Listen tothe guy above. He actually mean, 240SX owner in general are retards.