PDA

View Full Version : how should i set up my suspension for drifting

CTblack240
04-19-2011, 09:00 PM
hey guys, just getting into drifting. i wanna take it more seriously. How should i set up my suspension on my s14 so i can start drifting more seriously. Any advice will help. thanks guys

holemilk00
04-19-2011, 09:03 PM
This is going to get bad really fast.

BTW there is an entire thread for this.

CTblack240
04-19-2011, 09:05 PM
ok i didnt see that there was a thread. and y would this get bad?

holemilk00
04-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Zilvia is a pretty ruthless place, especially when threads like this get started, asking questions that have been asked over and over again.

zombiewolf513
04-19-2011, 09:14 PM
In before shit storm.

Use the search button and google before making a thread and getting flammed for it.

Anyway, do you mean what suspension parts should you look into, or what alignment settings you should go with?

*EDIT*

In fact: there's another thread called roll center correction something or other that discusses the effects of different suspension parts/settings. It has a lot of good info on suspension geometry and how things work and are affected by changes in forces/settings. But that thread is pretty advanced.

I found a pretty good article on some more basic theories, good for beginners:

http://www.motoiq.com/tech/the_ultimate_guide_to_suspension_handling.aspx

Hope this helps,

Good luck

CTblack240
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
then lock it. damn. i was just wondering. lock it up

DRIFTO16
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Hahahah
lol yeah these cats are harsh for sure ive been flamed a few times screw it
lol stay up bro

zombiewolf513
04-20-2011, 04:05 AM
...So much for being nice. Did you actually read my whole post? Grow some thicker skin.

HYPNOTIK
04-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Set it up to grip, seriously.

Darren
04-20-2011, 08:28 AM
In before shit storm.

Use the search button and google before making a thread and getting flammed for it.

Anyway, do you mean what suspension parts should you look into, or what alignment settings you should go with?

*EDIT*

In fact: there's another thread called roll center correction something or other that discusses the effects of different suspension parts/settings. It has a lot of good info on suspension geometry and how things work and are affected by changes in forces/settings. But that thread is pretty advanced.

The Ultimate Guide to Suspension & Handling (http://www.motoiq.com/tech/the_ultimate_guide_to_suspension_handling.aspx)

Hope this helps,

Good luck

This is a great beginner primer, nice find!

zombiewolf513
04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks.

msglength

gspots13
04-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Set it up to grip, seriously.

heres your answer ^^

90hatchie
05-01-2011, 02:33 AM
load up on ILLEST and HELLAFLUSH stickers
get an uber jdm roof
get ur HELLAFLUSH liscense plate frame all bolted up and thats all you need to drift BRO

Jonathong
05-01-2011, 03:22 AM
In before shit storm.

*EDIT*

http://www.motoiq.com/tech/the_ultimate_guide_to_suspension_handling.aspx

Hope this helps,

Good luck

Thanks for the site! It taught me quite a bit! Kudos to you sharing that site.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

sr20sean
05-01-2011, 09:14 AM
the thread right below this one is EXACTLY the same as this basically....