PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard Tools?

robert.huller
04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
So I am planning on a trip to the junkyard this weekend and it is about an hour and a half away so I want to make sure I take all the tools I will need to do anything random. I am planning on taking: socket set, hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, wrenches, hex sockets, a utility knife, and possibly a sawzall. If you can think of anything else that would be needed for a S14 let me know. New to owning a S14 and haven't ripped it all apart yet to know for sure all the stuff I need to take it all apart. I am studying the threads about removing dash, removing headlights, removing fenders, stuff like that. Wish me luck.

Walperstyle
04-19-2011, 08:28 PM
are you new to owning a car at all? Just take lots of tools, have your bases covered, or drive back afterward with the correct tools if you don't have them with you. Power tools probably have to be battery powered unless they will help you out (unlikely)

Sorry, your question sounds really amateur.

If you want to learn about your car go to www.240sxtechdvds.org and download the FSM for your car. Also considering getting the DVD's being they are great help with the FSM. Cheers.

statickx991
04-19-2011, 08:29 PM
you should be set with that. maybe throw in some pry bars.

Phate
04-19-2011, 08:30 PM
I'd throw in two pair of vicegrips. One needlenose, and one the bigger middle sized one. Maybe a c-clamp as well.

Drift_86
04-21-2011, 11:51 PM
I been to the junk yard like 20 times last year and never found one s14 :( ur better off trying to find parts from s13 that might fit also from other Nissan and infinty

camaro379ss
04-22-2011, 10:35 AM
make sure to take flex sockets they always come in handy. And if you are planning on getting any electical parts take a DVOM and resistance values (if applicable) To make sure they are still good.