PDA

View Full Version : Walbro Grinding noise

BoostGetsULaid
04-18-2011, 07:19 PM
So my car was stolen over a year ago and it hasnt run in 2 years. And I finally got it finished up. The thieves stole my fuel pump along with other things.

I have a SR20det with a walbro fuel pump and Z32 fuel filter. I've replaced entire fuel sending unit with one of a buddie's car and replaced the fuel pump with a used walbro and kit.

It's been so long since I've driven my car, so I don't remember if it did this. But I've searched and came up with "its normal walbro" that it grinds when priming. I do remember that, but my fuel pump makes a loud grinding sound when I rev past 4k. Usually I would just buy a new one and drop it in but I spent all my tax return and theft restitution on putting it back together. So I was wondering if this problem would go away if I replaced it. Or if it was something else.

Car runs great other than during warm up, when I first start it up I have to rev it or it will idle low and die after 20 seconds of idling. Driving it while cold it drives fine but every few moments it will feel like I lost power and then catch again. But when it warms up it runs fine. May also be the fuel pump.

jstrunk
04-23-2011, 09:22 AM
I have a z32 filter and walbro 255 fuel pump.. i don't notice any difference in sound over 4k rpm.