PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Power FC and fan controller

McSlides
04-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Has anyone run a Power FC and an HKS fan controller or pivot fan controller with an SR? Do they cooperate well together. I need to completely redo my e-fans and considering one of those. Any opinions will help. Thanks

aa87
04-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Any fan controller will run completely on its own circuit, theres no compatability issues.

nexxtt!

McSlides
04-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Well i did some reading on the HKS one, it wires into the ECU somehow. At least thats what it said in the product description, and it uses the factory CTS which i don't have. At the current moment, i have my water temp meter plugged into the oem CTS position. And my flexa-lites wired to a toggle switch that i turn on when i see my water temp heating up. It's only temporary which is why im trying to fix it now. What do i need to do to have everything working properly/automatically?

Sileighty_85
04-13-2011, 06:38 PM
there are two CTS
one is for the Gauge (which is worthless) Single wire
the other is for the ECU (which is very important) 2 wire

McSlides
04-13-2011, 07:02 PM
I've only seen the one, which is right by the intake manifold. Thats where my meter is tapped into. Wheres the other one and is that the one that the fan controller will tap into?

Sileighty_85
04-13-2011, 07:31 PM
they are both next to each other, the one the Fan controllers use are the ECU temp sensors (square two wire plug)

McSlides
04-14-2011, 06:32 PM
I'll take a look tomorrow. Im guessing thats the one the controller would wire into.