PDA

View Full Version : Suspension?

GravityEX
04-12-2011, 11:26 PM
I recently purchased a stripped down s13 chassis. When I say stripped down I mean its coming with the front/rear axle... no suspension components, no engine, no seats, no carpet.... on the plus it does have the dash and door panels.... and wheels. So far the search bar has been useful in directing me to different brands of suspension components, what I haven't found is a good list of what I need to rebuild the suspension. My plan so far is go to with a good spring/shock/strut combo over a set of coilovers because I don't plan on drifting or autox. Other than that I have no idea what else I will need to get it rolling. Can anyone offer a list or perhaps a point to a helpful forum posting? BTW, got the chassis for $200.

AdrenalineS14
04-13-2011, 12:40 AM
So is this just a DD for you? maybe show?.... Are you looking into a nice slammed/flush looking car to just cruise around town?

Honestly a good spring/shock/strut price is gonna be up there i would just shoot for some coils more adjustability and overall better imo even if your not going to be drifting etc.

as far as suspension parts go im not sure if your looking into just finding stock parts or aftermarket parts that are adjustable i would check out intensepower.com for there brandnamed suspension parts i have a couple of friends using there stuff and seems to be working just fine and its cheap plus intensepower has a HUGE positive reputation here in AZ they've built countless 240's and know there shit!

Spring Break '92
04-13-2011, 01:06 AM
In the long run you won't be happy with springs and shocks. Either get Fortune Auto coils or some Koni yellows and Ground Control sleeves. Since your chassis is stripped you might as well do some undercoating to the bottom and get new OEM control arms at the least. You also might as well paint the interior and the engine bay.

GravityEX
04-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Previously, I have owned an s13 coupe but never made anything of it. My plans for that were to lower it as inch, and as it would be my daily driver/cruiser I feel more comfortable paying for springs/shocks because the most I'll do is some spirited driving. I've driven a variety of modded cars and imo the coilovers were great and all but overkill for my plans. The real question behind my posting is over than the shocks/springs what other components would i need to rebuild the suspension... the axles are literally striped bare.