PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Issues?

Tye132
04-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Ok now I'm pretty new to the 240 game but I've never really had this problem on my toyota but here's what happen. I hopped in my car and press down on my clutch and noticed it was sticking a bit so I figured the master or slave was going on, it especially was confirmed when I couldn't put into gear without some heavy muscle. Ok eventually I got it home and checked out my fluid levels and noticed it was low so I refill it and went inside to start pumping it alittle. When I noticed I was getting any pressure I looked under the car and saw it all over the ground. So I replaced the master and slave cylinder and I noticed that when I pump the clutch and the slave cylinder extends to the fork (yes I bled it before hand) it will over extend and fluid will start squirting everywhere out of the plunger like part of the slave. It seems that the fork isn't giving it resistance. Anyone know what I need to do?

frftw
04-10-2011, 06:00 PM
ummmm sounds like ur slave cylender is done, if the clutch fork wasnt activating properly you would have a much harder time getting it into gear. you basicially spelled it out for youself

Tye132
04-10-2011, 06:11 PM
But I put a new slave cylinder on and the same thing happened

fliprayzin240sx
04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Was it an OEM slave cylinder? Sounds something is off...sounds like the slave is overextending itself. Try to find something to replace the pin from the the slave to the fork with a bolt thats slightly taller than the pin you have. Doing so should prevent the slave from popping itself out.

Tye132
04-10-2011, 08:40 PM
I was thinking maybe it's the return spring in the transmission because the TOB doesn't even retract back

fliprayzin240sx
04-10-2011, 08:55 PM
There is no spring for the fork. Only thing pushing back on it would be the actual clutch pressure plate. Clutch assembly might be on its way out...do you know what kinda clutch you have in there and how old it is?

Tye132
04-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Nah I'm not too sure as to what kind is in there but I was thinking of switching it out soon, just not this soon. So it would be the pressure plate thats causing it? Greattt well yeah the TOB won't return so I'm guessing thats gotta be it, looks like I'm gonna be looking into clutches. That would be the only reason though?

fliprayzin240sx
04-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Well if the clutch is fucked, the TOB pushing back on the fork would be the least of your problem. I think something is up with the slave cylinder you bought. If you still have the old slave cylinder, take the pin out and compare it to the one you have. The one you have now might be shorter than what you have originally. Like I said, worst case, swap out the pin with something slightly taller, and drive the car. See if the car is drivable or if the clutch does anything funky before you change it.

Tye132
04-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Ok so I failed to mention that I had a SR swap done recently and what not but I think I figured it out. My TOB sits lower than the endentation on it, so my slave cylinder doesn't line up right which is even more making me believe its the pressure plate. Since its not lining up I'm gonna have to drop the transmission and check the alignment anyways correct? So I would be better off just switching out the clutch while I'm doing that.

frftw
04-16-2011, 07:36 PM
maybe your clutch fork is bent making the slave have to push farther to achive disengagment