PDA

View Full Version : Petition to legalize the Nissan Skyline

EvilRB
04-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Came across this on another forum, thought that I'd share, hope it's not a repost, didn't see it on here.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Skyline/

most likely not gonna do anything but atleast its something.

stiizy
04-10-2011, 11:17 AM
i signed it why not?

aa87
04-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Online petitions won't do shit.

dirtdiggler666
04-10-2011, 11:41 AM
ya what the hell i did

Agent S14
04-10-2011, 12:21 PM
thats the sad truth, couldnt do shit for the texas front license plate law

LimeLite Racing
04-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Good luck with this one.

Chrischeezer
04-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Thank you, signed as well

also posted on my FB

Steinkrunk
04-10-2011, 01:15 PM
I could only see this backfiring. You send a list of people that either own skylines or would like to own skylines to the government. Next thing you know everyone on the list is getting a visit from Uncle Sam driving a flat bed. Dunno, just a thought.

HyperTek
04-10-2011, 01:37 PM
i thought it would be cool to get magazines involved in it, have them dedicate a page for a sign-in mailer they could send in and have the magazines jsut collect them for a year or so. I wish they would do something like that.

LimeLite Racing
04-10-2011, 01:39 PM
i thought it would be cool to get magazines involved in it, have them dedicate a page for a sign-in mailer they could send in and have the magazines jsut collect them for a year or so. I wish they would do something like that.

That would definitely be more of a step in the right direction.

boobs13
04-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I could only see this backfiring. You send a list of people that either own skylines or would like to own skylines to the government. Next thing you know everyone on the list is getting a visit from Uncle Sam driving a flat bed. Dunno, just a thought.

Damn Now I'm debating to not sign up

Chrischeezer
04-10-2011, 01:58 PM
^ ohh sing it! just dont put your address i just put my "basic" location.

cgtdream
04-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Why would you want to make it legal to drive a boat on the highway.....but serisouly its a skyline, nothing great about it btw....might be a pipedream car for most, but in all truthfulness its a little short...your best bet would be to wait like what 2-3 more years for the 1989 gtr's to be importable...a petition like this, wont do shiat..

Gnnr
04-10-2011, 11:28 PM

Word. Money makes politics go round.

Bill Gates - Porsche 959 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_959#.22Gates_959.22)

Walperstyle
04-11-2011, 03:53 AM
Its interesting how this works. I live in Canada, and can easily buy a R32 or R33 right now due to our 15 year import rule, but I'd much rather spend it on a s chassis.

Either I'm ignorant, or a fanboy, I dunno. I guess I am satisfied enough with the attention I get already.

Skylines are over-rated. I've driven all of them. (the R35 is a different machine, stay in school kids, buy this car)

Toi
04-11-2011, 05:47 AM
I am confused, isn't the 33 for most part legal and won't the 32 be legal within the next few years under the 25 year law, what is the rush?

Edgar
04-11-2011, 06:29 AM
who cares......

Silverbullet
04-11-2011, 07:15 AM
what exactly is there to petition? R32 and R34s need to be crash tested.

SleepR 240sx
04-11-2011, 07:52 AM
I mean I guess it's a cool idea and all but when it comes to federal law and crash test certifications...this petition won't do a single thing. Its the sad truth. People should start spending the money they waste importing skylines and put it into something else...preferablly a savings account.

ZilviaKid
04-11-2011, 09:37 AM
yo americans, skylines are over hyped. theyre really not that great.

play with your s chassis and youll be much happier.

JDMDude
04-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Skylines are overrated.

4DOOR_LIFE
04-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't see this getting very far. in what way would they "legalize" skylines? are they just going to turn their heads when it comes to emissions tests? during a time when we are all about going "green"?

dont waste your time guys.

HyperTek
04-11-2011, 11:52 AM
who cares......

this is the attitude why we get strict laws, no one wants to stand up and fight them.. if we all gathered against laws, we could get shit changed in the government but people just dont give a fck

raz0rbladez909
04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
this is the attitude why we get strict laws, no one wants to stand up and fight them.. if we all gathered against laws, we could get shit changed in the government but people just dont give a fck

That's why you join stuff like SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK (http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?ID=/content/SEMASANcom/HomePage)

Honestly like others have said these online petitions don't do shit, now if you join a group that is already fighting legislation you have better chances of making a difference.

Honestly though, what is with all the fascination of owning a GT-R other than the r35 and the rarity in the states? By now there are plenty of cars that will outperform most skylines, and it doesn't seem very beneficial when it comes to doing simple maintenance, you'd have to order almost everything. Many people on here that want one could never take care of one, and turn them into another beat down car on the streets.

BoostSlideWayz
04-11-2011, 12:06 PM
they wont legalize em........ just making an jdm vehicle legal atleast in california ... takes ALOT they have to go through tons of inspections and things have to be altered and set to us spec. the money it costs JUST for those inspections and not to mention they would need to buy actually quite alot of them for testing .. some would be used for crash tests .. some would be used for safety regulations.. etc. i know this because when i was talking to an importer about importing a rhd supra from japan he told me if i wanted it to be legal ... they would need to preform lots of tests that will probably cost more money and it truelly would be like kind of a huge deal just for some people to enjoy there skylines legally.

I mean dont get me wrong i love skylines and i think it would be neat to have them legal but its just a lot of trouble.

m0rex
04-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Good luck with this but its not going to do anything

h2v7
04-11-2011, 01:12 PM
too much info i agree but respectably decline

BustedS13
04-11-2011, 01:16 PM
you guys know there are awd turbo cars available in America already, right

and two years into Palin's term as president, r32's will be legal anyway. anybody have a writeup for a lhd swap

04-11-2011, 01:47 PM
people who can not afford them should have no say

lawrenceyang
04-11-2011, 08:48 PM

yup. im pretty sure no one whos signing this could actually afford one even if it was legalized

04-12-2011, 12:58 AM

because legalizing some shitty car is THAT important. right up there with gay rights huh?

!AG23!
04-12-2011, 01:40 AM

totally right. I mean if youre poor then your opinion shouldnt be valued. Thats just the way america works right?

Jared0934
04-12-2011, 01:47 AM
I had the opportunity to drive a well build R34 and 32 skyline while I was stationed in Japan. Yes the car is fun, it's beautiful when maintained (as is any car) and it was cool to "drive a skyline" but they *ARE* just another car. For those of you who just don't understand it, the only reason they are sought after and so damn expensive is because of something called "Exclusivity". Owning a Skyline **In the US** is a novelty that's all the hype about it is. Like people said, I'd much rather dump 20k into my S13 and save the left over 70k I'd save buying a R34 GT-R and have a sick daily, a sexy 240 for track, and a nice steak dinner.

04-12-2011, 01:58 AM
totally right. I mean if youre poor then your opinion shouldnt be valued. Thats just the way america works right?

when it comes to a car that doesn't pass federal regulations in terms of safety and emissions, why SHOULD the government care?

spooled240
04-12-2011, 01:59 AM
well if we can't get a skyline then let's at least try and get SR's, RB's and KA-T's bar'd that would be nice lol

04-12-2011, 02:08 AM
A) perform a legal swap B) buy a legal car. you don't NEED a sr/rb/kat

lawrenceyang
04-12-2011, 12:31 PM

youre misinterpreting what he means. all he means is that probably 9/10 of the people who are gun ho about this petition wouldnt even be able to purchase one even if it were to be legalized so why does it matter if they vote anyways. ill bet that people who can actually afford a skyline have moved on to something comparable and can care less about legalizing the damn skyline.

raz0rbladez909
04-13-2011, 10:56 AM
youre misinterpreting what he means. all he means is that probably 9/10 of the people who are gun ho about this petition wouldnt even be able to purchase one even if it were to be legalized so why does it matter if they vote anyways. ill bet that people who can actually afford a skyline have moved on to something comparable and can care less about legalizing the damn skyline.

This x10000000, if you want awd and turbo you can always buy a Evo, WRX, Celica all trac, dsm, 3000gt vr-4, etc. And heres the best part, they are already here and LEGAL.

cardoza
04-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Hah, I highly doubt the government gives a fuck what a bunch of forum people have to say.

Walperstyle
04-14-2011, 12:23 PM

Bingo

I bet if somehow you get a sweet R34GTR into the US, the price will be upwards of an EVO, and honnestly, the evo 9 MR and evo 10 are comparable, and perfectly legal. Or for the price of an evo 8, you can have a LS1 S13 thats flawless, and still run with them in most corners. Not to mention all the other chassis out there. Even an old fox body can be cut and modified to hold some descent suspension.

Don't be a fanboy, or a hater. Just like cars and have fun!

On the opposite end; I'd like to see someone restore these: (not mine, local cars, neglected)
http://reddeer.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-95-Skyline-GTS-T-R33-Engine-done-2500-FIRM-NEED-GONE-TONIGHT-W0QQAdIdZ267907366

http://reddeer.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-nissan-skyline-W0QQAdIdZ266984851