PDA

View Full Version : Bushings for 96 s14

thezenki-kid
04-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Pretty much all of them are beat some way worse than others but when I get it done I want them all replaced with Hyperflex. Energy Hyperflex Master Bushing Kit (http://www.240sxmotoring.com/enhymabukit.html) I've heard they are the best. I got one estimate of 450+ That sounds fair, but I've also heard they are going to squeak, is there a way to reduce or eliminate? Is it also possible to do most of the bushings myself then drive to a shop and have them align and press in the other ones I can't?

devnull
04-10-2011, 12:04 PM
The hard part of the ES bushings is removing the old rubber. There are several bushings that you leave the metal shell of the old bushing in for, so read the instructions carefully. There are several techniques for removing the old bushing material. You can use a drill and drill holes along the outside edge of the bushing. You can burn them out. You can press the center out and start cutting away.

If you buy ES part # 7.18107G, you'll get their graphite impregnated poly. These don't have a squeaking problem.

95s14rb25
04-13-2011, 09:04 AM
^ like he said make sure you read the instructions. i just did most of mine and we burned some and pressed others.