PDA

View Full Version : thinking about buying a subaru impreza

mvaters
10-07-2003, 04:49 PM
possibly a GC8 like the one i have attached. the echo is really nice, but im just going through a stage now where i want something more flashy and something that is a bit more hot right now. im going to test drive a wrx tomorrow. but im sorta liking the older impreza more. feedback?

SiL1480
10-07-2003, 04:56 PM
I love the older imprezzas, I say go for it, ya dont see to many of those around.

whateverjames
10-07-2003, 05:40 PM
Too bad they didn't bring that style back with the 220 something hp engine, or the 300 hp engine. I've always like the old two door. They're somewhat rare around here. I would buy it.

RoNiN240sx
10-07-2003, 05:44 PM
the new wrx's are definitely hot, and with 300hp stock, how can one refuse??? but the older imprezza's style are defintiely rare and good-looking, i like the one you posted alot.

NZO
10-07-2003, 05:49 PM
I love the way GC8s look too. You can always do a EJ20 swap if you need the power ;)

KiDyNomiTe
10-07-2003, 07:18 PM
GC8s own :D

Secretly cause a truck to run over the rear of an STi that belongs to someone that don't know jack about cars. Then find out where thye dumped the car, buy the left overs and swap it in :D.

Or just get a 2.5RS and get a turbo kit.

EJ20 clips are cheap as hell compared to SR clips, maybe I should change cars :)
http://www.stamporium.com//images/maryfront3.jpg

mvaters
10-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by RoNiN240sx
the new wrx's are definitely hot, and with 300hp stock, how can one refuse??? but the older imprezza's style are defintiely rare and good-looking, i like the one you posted alot. STI has 300hp. and its more than i want to spend on a car. the wrx has 227 i think. which is respectable

mvaters
10-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
GC8s own :D

Secretly cause a truck to run over the rear of an STi that belongs to someone that don't know jack about cars. Then find out where thye dumped the car, buy the left overs and swap it in :D.

Or just get a 2.5RS and get a turbo kit.

EJ20 clips are cheap as hell compared to SR clips, maybe I should change cars :)
[IMGhttp://www.stamporium.com//images/maryfront3.jpg[/IMG] god damn that is yummy. only thing about these cars is the initial investment in the car. after that, they are great for making fast. AWD is super fun. but most of the 2.5rs models around here are still quite expensive.

SimpleS14
10-07-2003, 09:28 PM
I would buy one...but I don't have the money for it. They are rather nice and AWD isn't bad to have during winter. The only thing I don't like is how I hear its a pain to work on. Meaning that if will take you awhile to change just your spark plugs (Horizontally opposed engine).

Johny5
10-07-2003, 10:59 PM
i was looking at a 2.5rs before the 240, definitely a worthwhile car, handling would be a dream with some good suspension, 4wd roxor teh boxor all night.

DarkRaptor42
10-09-2003, 01:22 PM
my advice would be go for it. I LOVE MY STi. I jumped ship from the 240 and im now mobbing my sti but hey i was looking at the older imprezza + swap too. Japanese sti engines are cheap and 270 hp. easy swaps too.

nokeone
10-09-2003, 01:34 PM
LOVE those 2.5rs's...but yeah they seem to retain their value VERY well as all the ones i've seen for sale have been quite pricey...

be a great daily driver...:D

Stee Flo
10-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by 95KoukiS14
The only thing I don't like is how I hear its a pain to work on. Meaning that if will take you awhile to change just your spark plugs (Horizontally opposed engine).
Ive changed plugs on my bros RS and its not hard.
I love the GC8 chassis and would definately recommend it. Those cars handle great with the proper mods and have a decent amount of power(165hp) I find myself taking my brothers car out for a spin ocassionally, good stuff. Im considering getting either an rs or a wrx in the future. And you can still get your drift on in the winter if you have snow where you live. check out NASIOC (http://www.nasioc.com) for a good source of info on scoobies.