PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Greddy Timer/Controller GTR grill and more

HB JDM
04-06-2011, 01:31 AM
I bought a 1989 Sil80 yesterday, and I drove to class, with plans afterwards to go register the car, while in class, someone broke into the car, stole a Greddy Profec B-Spec Boost controller silver face, a Greddy Full auto timer 2 silver face, Personal steering wheel with a red/pinkish nrg quick release, the gtr grill off the front of the car, and the title, which was in the car since i had plans to take it to be registered, if anyone sees these items up for sale please notify me, thanks

**They also tried to hotwire the car but failed

2slow4oz.
04-06-2011, 02:15 AM
wow that fucking sucks man!:bs:
no cameras were in the parking lot

HB JDM
04-06-2011, 09:43 AM
wow that fucking sucks man!:bs:
no cameras were in the parking lot

Thanks man, no cameras :( college parking lots FTL

Karlitos
04-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Damn that sucks, especially the title. Good luck finding the stuff and see if you can report the title stolen to the dmv.

jza240sx
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Damm... sorry to hear that buddy.. I feel your pain man someone just stole something of value to me a week ago so i know how you feel..

kornaz
04-10-2011, 03:39 PM
All these stupid ass colleges need to install the damn cameras. A lot of stuff is jacked from their parking lots. Sorry to hear about the stuff they took, at least they didn't get the car.

s14j
04-21-2011, 12:57 AM
maybe it was the guy you bought it from. (not trying to start anything) just saying..

Sneaky Sims
04-21-2011, 01:22 AM
maybe it was the guy you bought it from. (not trying to start anything) just saying..

It's ridiculous how many times it is the person that sold it to you... hard to say though.

College or just straight up school parking lots are places a lot of people look in because the lack of cameras like stated above.

To OP, hope you get your shit back buddy... I know I'd be furious if I were in your shoes.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

HB JDM
04-26-2011, 10:17 AM

Yea, but i doubt it, I bought it from a friend, and non of that shit is in his car.

aznfab213
04-26-2011, 02:16 PM
what school parking lot was it?

JonathanPrem
04-26-2011, 02:21 PM

Thinking the same thing. I bet he had the spare key and open the car took everything out. Cut the wires to make it look like he tired to hot wire and broke the glass after so looked like it broken in.

SoCalDrifter
04-26-2011, 08:38 PM
id keep a close watch on your car since he has the title he can steal your car and register it as his and you wont be able to do anything so make sure you lock the shit out of your car

Darren
04-26-2011, 08:42 PM
wow, is it that easy to come by a car in the states? just steal the title?

Do you not have some sort of proof of purchase or transfer papers or something that would prove that you are the rightful owner? If you have that, you should be able to just get a new title (at a cost) and register it.

Also, is it common to be driving cars that are not registered / insured (you didn't say if it was insured or not) ?... just curious cause i'm in BC, Canada

HB JDM
04-30-2011, 01:53 PM
what school parking lot was it?

Golden West College

Thinking the same thing. I bet he had the spare key and open the car took everything out. Cut the wires to make it look like he tired to hot wire and broke the glass after so looked like it broken in.

Yea, I had both the keys though, and they broke the ignition by sticking a screwdriver in it and trying to break it loose

id keep a close watch on your car since he has the title he can steal your car and register it as his and you wont be able to do anything so make sure you lock the shit out of your car

Theres a police report filed, they cant do anything with the title, if they try to register it, the DMV will get a red flag and who ever it is would be arrested.

wow, is it that easy to come by a car in the states? just steal the title?

Do you not have some sort of proof of purchase or transfer papers or something that would prove that you are the rightful owner? If you have that, you should be able to just get a new title (at a cost) and register it.

Also, is it common to be driving cars that are not registered / insured (you didn't say if it was insured or not) ?... just curious cause i'm in BC, Canada

Just stealing the title wont do much unless its filled out already and signed, which is was... in canada all you need is a bill of sale lol, its much easier to just take a car, And i do have the bill of sale, but the problem is, my friend who i bought it from only owned it for 2 weeks, and never registered it to his name, and for me to get a duplicate title, i need to legal owner of the car to sign a paper, but to make it more difficult he has moved out of the country...

And the car is insured by me, you can drive the car if its not under your name, it just needs registration and insurance, which the car has both, just the registration isnt in my name, so if i ever get pulled over i need to explain to the cop why the car isnt in my name, and show him the police report i have.

mrchomponthis
05-22-2011, 02:49 AM
HB JDM i know who stole it!

blingbling
05-22-2011, 02:27 PM

!! I wanna hear how this goes down!

HB JDM
05-22-2011, 09:36 PM

Srsly? Or are you just messing with me, if your serious please call me asap, ill PM you.

mrchomponthis
05-23-2011, 06:16 PM
the reg stole it!

HB JDM
05-23-2011, 11:53 PM
the reg stole it!

Wtf does that mean?

JdmGtDriver
09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
the reg stole it!

Who??? Don't mess around...if you know who took it, tell the owner the truth

EsChassisLove
09-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Little bit of an old thread but any updates?

No offense, but thats pretty retarded to have a quick release steering wheel and then just leave it in the car. They are made to be removed for a reason....

HB JDM
09-17-2011, 12:41 PM
No offense, but thats pretty retarded to have a quick release steering wheel and then just leave it in the car. They are made to be removed for a reason....

Yea i know its retarded to leave it in the car, first day with a car with a quick release i didnt even think about it, and honestly, theres so many sketchy people in the GWC auto program it would have probably just been stolen out of there... and no update, I recently re-shelled so im trying to get rid of this one, maybe as a parts car or track car.