PDA

View Full Version : Sparco Torino 2 bottom mounting seat in an s14.

mikeroy420
04-02-2011, 05:04 PM
I trying to get my new Sparco Torino 2 seats installed in my s14 (they are bottom mount reclinable seats). I have been reading pages and pages about using the Bride MO Seat rails. But from what I have read, these seats will sit crazy high with seats other than Bride. I'm not sure if they will even work with Sparco seats. I really dont want the seat any higher the the stock ones.

Can any someone please post a picture of there brackets or any info related to mounting a bottom mount seat without cutting the inside of the car.

I would really like to use these seats with the smallest amount of modding as possible. Just incase I want to switch back the oem seats.

Thanks

mikeroy420
04-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Please help, I dont want to order $500 Bride rails and they dont fit. Someone most have some idea or reference to help me. I'm still searching, but cant find anything about mounting Sparco's, only Bride and Recaro seats.

rob22
04-05-2011, 04:45 AM
most if not all reclinable racing seats use bottom mount brackets and they suck.
i had a sparco speed seat with wedge engeenering bottom mounts and i didnt like it.
using bottom mount brackets will keep you at stock seat height or even higher.
if you want to sit lower find seats that use side mount brackets.
look into buddy club low rails.

if you really want these sparcos just look into the sparco bracket and also wedge engineering brackets.
i sold my wedge engineeing bracket for about $100
used you can find them on here for as low as $50-$100

mikeroy420
04-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I could probably handle stock height, but higher would suck. I have the sparco sliders, I got them with the seat. So did your wedge brackets sit at stock height with your seat installed?

kassed33
09-03-2011, 02:58 PM
i have the same Sparco seats with the Wedge brackets. They suck! My whole purpose for getting aftermarket seats was to have more leg room and sit lower. And now i have spent a ton of $$ trying to get this to work. I ended up having to buy a smaller steering wheel and the seat is still too high and im only 5'9. Even tried modding the stock rails to get it to work but no luck! Have you figured it out how to get these seats sitting lower? Im not sure if the Sparco brackets sit any lower the the Wedge but i dont want to spend another $200+ get them and there no different.

mikeroy420
09-03-2011, 03:20 PM
No, I'm currently trying to sell the seats. Just gonna use the OE seats. I dont want to get into modding my tunnel or spend anymore cash on stuff that doesnt fit correctly. Good Luck, let me know how you make out.

je_decoy
09-09-2011, 01:39 AM
One of my friends has his torino on the bride mo and they're lower than stock

mikeroy420
09-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Could we see some pics? Not that I dont believe you, its just your the first person that said they sit lower. Everyone else, including some businesses said they sit higher. What mod's did your friend do? Thanks

s14unimog
09-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm using a Wedge Engineering bracket on my passenger Sparco Toreno but with no slider. It literately lays on the carpet, so it's got to be the lowest option for a bottom mount seat. Those bride rails are for side mounts IIRC. I'm using a NAMS side mount rail on my Sparco Corsa and I've got plenty of helmet room; I'm 6' too. I had to flip the brackets upside down and don't forget a fiberglass bucket, is a much thinner seat than a botto mount street seat.

picture for reference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/s14unimog/Feb2010024.jpg

this is how low I sit in my driver seat, but again this is a fixed bucket side mount seat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/s14unimog/Lanier.jpg

je_decoy
09-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Could we see some pics? Not that I dont believe you, its just your the first person that said they sit lower. Everyone else, including some businesses said they sit higher. What mod's did your friend do? Thanks

yea ill have him send me some to put up. he just had to drill holes in the brackets to fit sparco seats

kassed33
09-10-2011, 02:58 AM
With all the aftermarket demand for this car I don't get why they don't make more parts that just fit right! For instance a slider bracket combo. There's no reason that the slider has to bolt on top of the bracket and add a inch an a half of height to the Damn seat! I got Wedge brackets and sparco sliders and my legs sit above the ARM rest on the door! Same kinda shit with my steering wheel hub. They dont make one for just the S14. A S13 one has to be modified.

headfirst427
02-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Hate to resurrect this thread, but I need some help. S14unimog, do you happen to have pictures of your driver's side bracket/mount setup?? Im running a 415 Motorwerks bracket with a Corbeau clubman (bottom mount) straight to the bracket. It's still too tall, car has a sunroof too, so Im considering getting a Sparco Sprint V and using a side-mount... If you have pictures I'd love to see them. Thanks in advance