PDA

View Full Version : nissan armada/titan

lewisfk
04-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm having trouble with my wiring in my 06 Armada! I have no power to my trailer socket so i cant tow my car hauler. I have blinkers and brakes no running lights for night travel! Has anyone dealt with this problem?:eek3d:

upsdude
04-01-2011, 06:18 PM
did u check the relay

Gnnr
04-01-2011, 11:18 PM
TRAILER TAIL LAMP OPERATION
The trailer tail lamps are controlled by the trailer tow relay 1.
With the lighting switch in the parking and tail lamp ON (1ST) position, AUTO position (and the auto light system
is activated) or headlamp ON (2ND) position, power is supplied
- through the tail lamp relay (located in the IPDM E/R)
- through 10A fuse (No. 36, located in the IPDM E/R)
- to IPDM E/R terminal 49
- to trailer tow relay 1 terminal 1.
When energized, trailer tow relay 1 supplies tail lamp power to trailer connector terminal 6.

TRAILER POWER SUPPLY OPERATION
The trailer power supply is controlled by the trailer tow relay 2.
When the ignition switch is in the ON or START position, power is supplied
- through 10A fuse (No. 51, located in the IPDM E/R)
- to IPDM E/R terminal 16
- to trailer tow relay 2 terminal 1.
When energized, the trailer tow relay 2 supplies power
- through trailer tow relay 2 terminals 5 and 7
- to trailer connector terminal 5.

Here is the FSM so you can look at the schematics. Its in LT-125.

2006 Nissan Armada Factory Service Manual | Car Manual Pdf (http://carpdf.net/2006-nissan-armada-factory-service-manual.htm)

lewisfk
04-01-2011, 11:26 PM
ya i i checked the relays, i took it to nissan and they said im not getting power to the rear for some reason so im going to drop 100 bucks from them to trouble shoot the electrical system! i got to hit the road to tx so i can get my 240sx worst case scenario i will drive during the day and stay at a hotel!

Gnnr
04-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Ugh, no way dude. Don't do it. Its probably just a relay, look at the schematics and find out where it is. Here, I uploaded section LT of the FSM. Its on pg 125.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ahzpzj

lewisfk
04-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Ugh, no way dude. Don't do it. Its probably just a relay, look at the schematics and find out where it is. Here, I uploaded section LT of the FSM. Its on pg 125.

Download LT.pdf from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ahzpzj)

awesome, but i wish i had this a few days ago i will try early in the morning to see whats up if i cant get it, ill take it to nissan! thanks for the help man!

orion::S14
04-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I have blinkers and brakes no running lights for night travel! Has anyone dealt with this problem?:eek3d:

I had the same issue with my '05 Titan...no running lights.

It was a 10a fuse in the fusebox under the hood...passenger side, fusebox closest to the firewall.

I posted this pic on 'TitanTalk' when I had the issue...hopefully it's the same for you:

http://zilvia.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=24006&stc=1&d=1301772214

- Brian

HAWAII
04-02-2011, 01:33 PM
fuck the 100.00 bro, just tap on a wire that powers the park lights on your tail lights, that is a low voltage, use thicker wires and if you ant to be extra safe, use a relay and a fuse.

ZenkiKid
04-02-2011, 02:10 PM
hey man how do you like your armada/titan? Ive heard gas mileage on these things are exceptionally bad... I am looking into a truck and wondering if either a tundra or a titan is the way to go

orion::S14
04-02-2011, 07:34 PM
...gas mileage on these things are exceptionally bad...

That is true, 110%.

Expect 12-13 city / 15 highway if you get the 'big tow' package with the 3.36 rear end ratio.

Maybe 14 city / 17 highway without the big tow gears and 2wd.

Mine is 4WD, lifted (6"), and on (exceptionally heavy) 35's on (super lightweight, forged) 20's...and I average 11 in town. Maybe 13 on the highway.

It sucks down gas.

:eek2: - Brian

lewisfk
04-04-2011, 01:48 PM
gas mileage is bad, but the room and towing awesome! My problem was not a fuse it was a relay! A fourth relay behind the dash! If u have an Armada that did not come with the tow package save your self the headache and have the dealer put the relay in!Yes i paid 96 bucks for them to check out my wiring, but if i had more time to find the problem i would of did it myself! If u towed with a u haul trailer u will not have that problem because the use a flat connector that routes the trailer lights with the brake lights. I know this is a fact because i used a u haul trailer and towed it from Tx to Cali without this problem!

upsdude
04-04-2011, 01:52 PM
lol we told u so

Walperstyle
04-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey, link to PDF FSM does not work for me

Can anyone email it to me [email protected] Thanks!

lewisfk
04-14-2011, 07:47 PM
lol we told u so

no jack ass, they removed my dash to get to this relay!!!!!!! it was nothing anyone but an armada owner who's gone through this would no because it is a problem only found with late 05 and 06. i guess they started puting the relay in every model since!

Gnnr
04-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey, link to PDF FSM does not work for me[/email] Thanks!

The first link I posted? There's a download link on that page, click it, it'll take you to rapidshare where its hosted.

lewisfk
04-16-2011, 11:24 PM
well with everything that happened last minute, before i took of to Texas im glad its over and done with. My 240sx is setting in my garage and my trailer is in storage! i spent 720 dollars on gas round trip! The cheapest gas i ran into was 3.49 in south Tx, and on the way back it was 3.59 in New Mexico. my goal now is to source an engine stand, mechanic tools, and a good torque wrench.

lewisfk
03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
sold lock please!