PDA

View Full Version : VQ35 and SR20 Weight SAME?!?!?!?

Metalshark
04-01-2011, 02:09 AM
KA24DE -- 368 lbs

SR20DE -- 306 lbs

VQ35DE -- 315 lbs

weight difference of a VQ35 is the difference of throwing your battery in the trunk.
just kinda confused why VQ35 isn't swaped into more things and more s13/s14
other then the mounts isnt its a better base to start at wit a 3.5l V6?

next question is why do honda guys bash on its weight if it weighs less then the f20c?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????
F20C -- 328 lbs

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????? QUESTION MARK!!

I think I'm missing that bit of information that makes everything make sense

HyperTek
04-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Well make VQ35DE more accessible and easily swappable, until then, ease of dropping in a sr and simplicity of it wit all the aftermarket support will still win.

simmode1
04-01-2011, 06:31 AM
^^^Exactly. Right now, the easiest way to swap a VQ35 (AFAIK) is using the McKinney Motorsports mount kit & the Z-Fever wiring service. Alot of ppl don't trust Z-Fever and are scared that the mount kit will require some modification/fabrication.

I have yet to see one VQ swap thread using an off the shelf mount kit that went smoothly. Hell, most of the VQ swaps threads never even get finished. On paper, the VQ35 swap makes all the sense in the world and alot of us would love to do it... But if it doesn't bolt right on in, it's gonna be a hard sell with this crowd.

And those Honda guys don't know what they're talking about. The VQ's are great motors.