PDA

View Full Version : ka24e wont crank over

raidanthunder
04-01-2011, 12:11 AM
just finished re building my ka24e and reinstalled it, cranked about 4 times then the battery died, so a week later i dropped a brand new optima redtop battery in it, that i tested good before hand, and now it wont even attempt to crank, the starter clicks a few times and i can hear the fuel pump start up, but no startup. furthermore nearly all my electronics have stopped working (sterio, all the dashbord lights, flip up headlights/ taillights) all of which worked just fine on my first attempt at a start up. when the battery died the first time i just pulled it out and stopped till i could get the new one, so my guess is i lost a ground or something is wrong with my starter motor. i checked all the fuses i could possibly find in the car and they are all still good. just need some pointers on where i should start looking for the issue.

240driftr
04-03-2011, 07:42 PM
check all your wiring to your starter and your fuse block by your battery. my lights in my 89 hatch wouldnt work an it wound up being my alt fuse. check you ground from your battery too. let me know what happens.

JDM_PILOT
04-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Check your power an ground... Check your ecu. my car jus had a problem where it wouldnt crank an no dashlights came on or anything.

raidanthunder
04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
check all your wiring to your starter and your fuse block by your battery. my lights in my 89 hatch wouldnt work an it wound up being my alt fuse. check you ground from your battery too. let me know what happens.

so it turns out that it has something to do with my poorly wired alarm system, the alarm thinks the car has been stolen and is locking down most of the electronics, and halting the starter motor from cranking more than once. so now i have the task of following all the wires on the alarm and pulling them out, i opened the panel right below the steering wheel and a football size wad of badly crimped and taped wires fell out, a headache in the making. i did manage to get the car started for about 30 seconds before the alarm took over and shut it down, but i know its electrical at least, ill update if i make any progress on it.