PDA

View Full Version : s13 ka24e dies every time i start it!

eliminator024
03-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi I have a 1990 s13 for some reason every time I start my car the idle is horable I have to give it gas so it wont die at idle. but once the engine is warmed up it idles just fine, but also when im driveing usually around the 2000-3000 rpm area it lags out when I step on it like my car jerks as if im running out of gas, im not sure if the two problems are related but I need help fast this is my daily driver so I am driving it this way hopefully I don't mess anything up......could it be a vacume problem and if so can I get some info or a link of how to delete all of the vacume but the egr if possible, I haven't been able to find any guides that I could understand for the ka24e....
thanks any help is appreciated

Pro ViZIon
03-31-2011, 11:52 AM
This same exact thing was happening to my RX-7.
Once turns out that it wasn't getting enough fuel. And when I say same exact thing I mean same exact thing lol. Wouldn't stay on unless I was on the throttle. Once warmed up it was fine but would only go to like 3000 and basically die out and once I get off the gas its fine.

What I ended up doing was testing for fuel pressure and volume. Sure enough the pump wasn't putting out what it should. Also my injectors were dirty so I sent them away to be cleaned and flow test.

Once I got them back and swapped a new pump in there she roared to life lol.

All was well after that. Has your car been sitting for any period of time?

I would definately check for fuel pressure and volume.

Chaluska
03-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi I have a 1990 s13 for some reason every time I start my car the idle is horable I have to give it gas so it wont die at idle. but once the engine is warmed up it idles just fine, but also when im driveing usually around the 2000-3000 rpm area it lags out when I step on it like my car jerks as if im running out of gas, im not sure if the two problems are related but I need help fast this is my daily driver so I am driving it this way hopefully I don't mess anything up......could it be a vacume problem and if so can I get some info or a link of how to delete all of the vacume but the egr if possible, I haven't been able to find any guides that I could understand for the ka24e....
thanks any help is appreciated

soudns like da IAC-valve is sticking closed on startup, or someing. also, coule be da Temp senzor, if itz reading like super cold, it go hella rich and shit. if it dyin round 20-30k rpmz i say da maf culd be dirtee or someing. u get sum elektric clener and go to town on it, i bet work better. if u gotz vaccum probem it be idlin high and shit like 1500 or whateve.

ship2236
03-31-2011, 09:53 PM
soudns like da IAC-valve is sticking closed on startup, or someing. also, coule be da Temp senzor, if itz reading like super cold, it go hella rich and shit. if it dyin round 20-30k rpmz i say da maf culd be dirtee or someing. u get sum elektric clener and go to town on it, i bet work better. if u gotz vaccum probem it be idlin high and shit like 1500 or whateve.

Ur 27, do u really talk like that or is that just how u type! Sorry I wanted to help but got cought up reading diz guyz relpi n shit n lst mi trane of thot n shiz! Hope u figure it out I'm having similar issues with my ka-t

Pro ViZIon
03-31-2011, 11:31 PM
^^^^^Dude your car is so sexy lol.

ship2236
04-01-2011, 12:51 AM
^^^^^Dude your car is so sexy lol.

Lol thanks man!

240driftr
04-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I had the same problem with my sr. It was my iacv. Clean it up an u shud be ok. But also check your maf an throttle sensor. Process of eliminination my dude. Let me know how u make out

eliminator024
04-10-2011, 02:27 PM
It was the fuel pump it runs like new now like I just got a horsepower upgrade lol ,
thanks for the help

Pro ViZIon
04-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Your welcome sir.