PDA

View Full Version : Underdrive Waterpump Pulley? (S14 SR) And other lightweight pullies...

BlackZenkiS14
03-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Any of you guys running an undriven water pump pulley on an SR20? Specifically S14 SR20?

I want to do everything I can to keep my motor as cool as possible, and this is something I have been considering. What are your experiences, how well does it work? And do you run into any cooling issues at low RPM or low speed casual driving?

Also, how much of a different is there between the ISIS/Megan/Knockoff lightweight pulleys, and the legit Greddy ones. I want to get a pulley kit to take some stress of the motor, and pretty up the engine bay a bit.

Im all about spending the extra $$ on legit parts usually, but there is a 300 dollar difference in these, and I was wondering if its worth it, or how much of a difference there actually is.

BlackZenkiS14
03-30-2011, 12:09 PM
ANYONE ever use anything like this? or am i crazy?

mad-ass
03-30-2011, 12:19 PM
you are just crazy.

nah, i kid. i use the stance underdrive pully on mine with nismo thermostat, koyo rad.

never had over heating issues, ever.

it's good to have since SR water pump blades just cut the water after 6000ish rpm or so.

i don't have any other experience with other brands but stance on this.

but IMO, replacing other pulleys other then of crank pulley is useless.

BlackZenkiS14
05-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Bump.

Besides Greddy, who makes a decent pulley kit for the SR?

camaro379ss
05-13-2011, 03:57 PM
I just installed the touge factory pulley kit on mine and I am very happy with it. Granted I have a s13 but I dont see there being much difference if any.
You will have to call to order tho cause their new website doesnt like to ship anywhere.

nujabe
05-13-2011, 11:40 PM
i have the greddy kit.. and it just for the bling factor.. get the isis or TF there nice ! worth every penny