PDA

View Full Version : Food Network chef Guy Fieri's Lamborghini Gallardo stolen from dealership in SF heist

tricky_ab
03-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Celebrity chef's Lamborghini stolen in S.F. heist (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/03/09/BAHE1I6UQ7.DTL):

http://i.imgur.com/mBOv9.jpg

(03-08) 21:33 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- The thief pulled the heist with panache and was gone in a flash, but will he get the cash?

Most likely not, investigators are saying with somewhat bemused - though still serious - shakes of their heads.

That's because it's going to be mighty hard to sell what an unusually athletic thief using climbing gear stole from a swanky car dealership in San Francisco early Tuesday morning: a 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo sports car.

For one, as one of the most exclusive, distinctively designed and longed-for vehicles in the world, the car will stand out like neon wherever it is driven. It's even bright yellow, making it even more conspicuous.

For another, the car is worth more than $200,000 - and is owned by celebrity chef Guy Fieri, star of the game show "Minute to Win It" and "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives." Not the sort of thing that peddles easily on a used car lot or in the want ads, investigators note.

"I'm sure it's a really hot item, and a lot of people are looking for it," said San Francisco police Officer Eric Chiang. "It'll be pretty hard to sell, let alone hide."

Fieri, who lives in Santa Rosa, could not be reached for comment. And managers of the Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus dealership on Van Ness Avenue where the chef's prized ride was until Tuesday, were pointedly not saying much.

Small wonder. For a dealership whose current offerings include a $287,140 Bentley Continental Supersports 2+2 and a $255,340 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, publicity about thefts would be little desired.

"No comment at all. Thank you very much for your call," a man who answered the phone Tuesday said three times in a row when asked about the heist.

This much was clear, though. Sometime in the wee hours of Tuesday, a thief climbed up to the roof of the dealership, attached a climbing rope, and then rappelled into the showroom, investigators said.

He - or she - then cut the lock to the dealership's garage door and drove off with Fieri's car.

Considering the car can hit 60 mph in less than four seconds and is capable of topping 190 mph, investigators are presuming the getaway was quick.

Walperstyle
03-28-2011, 04:12 PM
New owner is probably better owner

HyperTek
03-28-2011, 04:47 PM
a car stolen from your dealership would be bad publicity.

This is some Gone in 60 seconds ish

yokotas13
03-28-2011, 05:44 PM
i was thinking the same exact thing lol

Pro ViZIon
03-28-2011, 05:58 PM
lol +1 ^^^

What the hell would you do with a lambo though. Nobody is going to buy that. He's got nothing on it. Unless he's got all the paperwork lol.

Matej
03-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Thief will ship it to China and have workers with hammers smash it.

s14>integra
03-28-2011, 07:55 PM
^^ +1 hahahah. holy shit i can't stop laughing.

ESmorz
03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Fuck that clown.

I hope a gaggle of homeless folk are fornicating in, on, and around it as we speak.

Okinawandrifter87
03-28-2011, 08:40 PM
^^ dirty mike and the boys took it... the homeless guys off the movie "the other guys"

BURSTspeed
03-28-2011, 09:03 PM
lol +1 ^^^

What the hell would you do with a lambo though. Nobody is going to buy that. He's got nothing on it. Unless he's got all the paperwork lol.

well, I would probably drive it XD:2f2f:

Gnnr
03-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Its probably on a container to a country where legality and paperwork can be overlooked for a few hundred dollars. Wouldn't be surprised if it never shows up again.

Karlitos
03-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Its probably on a container to a country where legality and paperwork can be overlooked for a few hundred dollars. Wouldn't be surprised if it never shows up again.

Or it was just driven to TJ and sold for some change... VINS swapped and boom, clean titled car that can be sold back in the US for lots of money. Probably repainted or something aswell just to cover themselves up.

angeldunk707
03-28-2011, 10:44 PM
yeah hes been seen multiple times. hes a boss

mkezzo16
03-28-2011, 10:53 PM
i hate thieves but props if he can get away with that, cuz he pulled some mission impossible stuff..

Devius
03-28-2011, 11:31 PM
im actually happy bout this. i cant stand that prick

LimeLite Racing
03-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Fuck that lamborghini.

WangonwWarrior
03-29-2011, 12:12 AM
lol +1 ^^^

ever been to the middle east? lol

tqstarburst
03-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Thank god, i hate that motherf'r. Regardless of him getting his car stolen or not.....that guy gets to my balls.

Chrischeezer
03-29-2011, 12:27 AM
^ seriously.. everything he eats, he claims is the best tasting..

You can serve him dog shit on a bun, he would love it!

Daniel.
03-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Or it was just driven to TJ and sold for some change... VINS swapped and boom, clean titled car that can be sold back in the US for lots of money. Probably repainted or something aswell just to cover themselves up.

Who spends 200k on a car without verifying it's history?

tricky_ab
03-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Who spends 200k on a car without verifying it's history?

People from other countries trying to save a bit of scratch...Seriously this car is on it's way to Russia or something...

Daniel.
03-29-2011, 10:34 AM
People from other countries trying to save a bit of scratch...Seriously this car is on it's way to Russia or something...

Well, I take solace in the fact that this car will never be able to be serviced at a reputable dealership anywhere in the world.

tricky_ab
03-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Well, I take solace in the fact that this car will never be able to be serviced at a reputable dealership anywhere in the world.

ZING!!!

Well played sir!

singlecamslam
03-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Why all the hate on my man fieri? haters gonna hater