PDA

View Full Version : GT3 Drifting: Volume 7

KiDyNomiTe
10-03-2003, 09:18 PM
One more, hopefully the last GT3 vid. But I get bored a lot:rolleyes:

http://gt3.systemsilence.com/gt3vol7.wmv

Thanks whateverjames for hosting it.

FYI, I didnt hit the wall in Grand Valley Speedway, just a tricky angle.

Enjoy!

RedSuns
10-03-2003, 10:16 PM
YOU ARE GOD!!!!!!!

*pays hommage*

JasonNagra
10-04-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by cIvIcKILLA240style
YOU ARE GOD!!!!!!!

*pays hommage*

Wrong, I am. You're paying hommage to the wrong person, damnit.

s13silady
10-04-2003, 06:50 AM
KiDyNomiTe, "You are the fucking MASTER!" (quoted from American Wedding..)

you are the man KiD, you are the man.....

f2a4s0t
10-04-2003, 11:19 AM
that was nice but ive seen better. Was the that the Ca or sr silvia?

memphiss13
10-04-2003, 12:00 PM
what's the trick to drifting like that on GT3? i never can drift with anything but AWD cars. i always spin out with the RWD ones.

and where are volumes 1-6?

Burmonster
10-04-2003, 12:24 PM
what mods/set ups are you using on your cars?

Also, are you using the analog controller or the force feedback steering wheel?

By the way, nice video:drool:

whateverjames
10-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by f2a4s0t
that was nice but ive seen better. Was the that the Ca or sr silvia?

Ya Kidynomite, what's the deal, you're supposed to be producing the best drift videos EVAR. ;) You've heard my comments, but great video.

KiDyNomiTe
10-04-2003, 03:07 PM
f2a4s0t - Its the CA. I've seen better myself, but they got wheels, or AWD cars.

Burmonster - Mods to it is all engine mods, racing tires up front, sports in the back. Full suspension, LSD. The rest is left alone.

Dropped it all the way, -3.5 camber up front -2.5 in the rear. No TCS or ASM. No changes to LSD or anything else.

Also I am using the controller :(

James - haha I'll produce the best when I get a wheel, but there will always be someone beter. Plus on all my vids my cars were mostly quickly modded. The Red FD in my earlier vids was the only one that really had a lot of careful changes to suspension, gearing, and lsd.

Rookie2nr - Its no trick really. Just do what you would do in real life to get sideways. Easiest way to learn is is buy a rwd car slap some sim tires on it. With no mods other than that you'll get sideways, not for long but it'll do the job. Then go higher up in power and start doing suspension etc..

All my other vids are either lost somewhere in fileplanet, or on peoples comps. James was the host for all but one of them, and space and bandwith would not allow for him to keep all of my vids, and all of mine (he probably has just as many).

http://www.silviaparts.com/gt3vol6.wmv that is the last version. You can tell the differences between using racing tires on all four (like in Vol 6), to using lower tractions in the rear (vol 7). Seems like an entire differet person playing the game.

And thanks for all the compliments, it makes up for my shitty real life drifting;)

Got Sileighty?
10-04-2003, 03:29 PM
im totally jealous :( watching all these videos made me start up my ps2 again last week, but i cant even come close to those drifts. :bash: :bash: :bash:

good job.

Flybert
10-04-2003, 04:30 PM
You just have to practice a lot. First thing you should do is try to get gold on all the license tests and then I'm sure you'll be good enough to do it. That is the best way to learn car control and how to take lines. You'll be a drifter in no time with my method. And make sure don't use really soft tires.

I can't wait til GT4 comes out and we can join up online to showoff our internet drifting skills. My drifting skills will open up new dimensions in your mind and I use the controller too.

revat619
10-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Awesome video KiD!!! You've got some serious skill!!! :D

How do you do it with the tcm set all the way to 0? When i do that, my car just spins out. If i use race tires its a little better, but tcm set to zero AND sim tires.....its just burnouts and spinouts all day!

You said racing tires up front and sport in the back, eh? Which racing tires? Which lsd do you have? Full custom or the 2-way?

I ask cuz i use the fc and ca silvia as well. I like the 180 the best though!

KiDyNomiTe
10-04-2003, 05:50 PM
I cant drift with all sim tires, well atleast on a 400+ hp car. I did it in a stock silvia with sims and no tcs or asm, but when it gets higher in hp its hard to control.

Putting normal or sports tires in the back just makes it a lot easier, and stickies up front make it easier too.

But there are so many ways to drift in this game. Some do all sim tires, some racing, some sports, some with 700 hp, some 300, just find your way, and keep with it.

And dont give up if you spin out. If you sat in the room while I made the vid you would see me screw up a lot.

dorachagi1
10-04-2003, 06:35 PM
Very nice vid. The drifitng was really good, but the video itself was very very well made. I've been GT3 drifting since I got the game, and I have alot of movies on the memory card, but how do you make those into a .wmv or .mpg or whatever?

KiDyNomiTe
10-04-2003, 07:23 PM
thanks for the compliments, get a capturing device. James and I use Dazzle DVC 80, its under 100 bucks, Ive seen it for 30 with rebates.

Then use Vegas Video 4 to edit and render.

nrcooled
10-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Kid you are the man! I tried your settings for camber and I feel like a drift king:D

I was only running 2deg up front and 1.5 in the rear. I couldn't hold a drift to save my life now I am saving replays:aw:

Got Sileighty?
10-06-2003, 11:55 AM
i was against the idea of running diff tires in the rear, cuz i just always thought that it was the cheap/easy/lazy way to drift. but i got kinda frustrated this wknd so i said f*** it, i put slicks up front and sports on back. and all i can say is :eek: :eek: the difference is like night and day hahaha. its so much easier, i guess i was right all along. :D anyway, ill still try to learn on all sports tires cuz i figure its the best way to learn.

oh yea, i think the best/easiest car to drift in the game is the FC. that thing just wants to slide all day long.

fantasya98
10-06-2003, 02:53 PM
dat was sweeeeeet, damn i gotta go home and try that now, havent played gt3 in over a year...

KiDyNomiTe
10-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Got Sileighty?
i was against the idea of running diff tires in the rear, cuz i just always thought that it was the cheap/easy/lazy way to drift. but i got kinda frustrated this wknd so i said f*** it, i put slicks up front and sports on back. and all i can say is :eek: :eek: the difference is like night and day hahaha. its so much easier, i guess i was right all along. :D anyway, ill still try to learn on all sports tires cuz i figure its the best way to learn.

oh yea, i think the best/easiest car to drift in the game is the FC. that thing just wants to slide all day long.

Ya the whole ****ty traction in the rear is pretty cheap, and I don't like to do it. I usually drift with high traction tires, but as you can see the difference in this and my other drift vids.

I can drift in sports tires pretty good too, but the whole analog controller thing puts me down a notch, so for looks in the vid I cheated.

Rennen
10-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Got Sileighty?

Grip in front and crap out back helps you start the slide, but you will spin out alot more, and you won't be able to hold the drift for as long. I always run sport tires front and rear, unless the car has over 650hp, then oversteer just becomes ridiculous (stupid Chaser...) But then again I rely heavily on trail braking to setup my drifts. I am getting pretty damn good at drifting Grand Valley. I can get 2 or 3 feint drifts into the first turn(the one with the sand) and I love the middle section, I can keep the wheels spinning throughout the whole thing. The only part that really gives me trouble is the hairpin in the middle, the second sand turn. I keep losing my momentum by the exit.

Oh, still didn't get to see your vids yet KiDyNomiTe :wtc: but good news:

"Coming Soon!__Windows Media Player 9 Series for Mac OS X will deliver compatibility with 9 Series audio and video content."

I have all your vids saved so I can watch them when microsoft finally releases it.

Oh, have you ever used the steering wheel before? it makes drifts so much cleaner, because with the wheel you can make small steering and throttle inputs.

-Matt

Got Sileighty?
10-06-2003, 09:22 PM
where are the other volumes?? i only have 6 & 7, i wanna see the rest. oh yea i use digital controls (the arrows), not the analog sticks. i cant get used to the analog, theyre so sensitive! :bash: :bash:

Bbandit
10-07-2003, 12:08 PM
oh yeah.. one more to my collections....
im still downloading it tho

too bad my computer has a lot of conflicts now.. i cant capture videos anymore..

need to format but too lazy :(

bobmeindertsma
10-07-2003, 12:26 PM
nice driftin
how do you get it on the comp tho.
i would love to put some of my drifting online
and see what you and others think

KiDyNomiTe
10-07-2003, 02:29 PM
James and I use Dazzle DVC80. One end has the red white and yellow a/v connectors (and s-vid), the other end goes into the comp via usb.

You can use just about any capturing device, like my brothers comp has an ATi All In Wonder 9700 PRO, and it came with a capturing device, same concept as the DV80, but plugged into the video card.

Anyways after getting your capture device, it should come with software, use that to capture the vids however you like, its like using a vcr, hit record, then stop when done.

The files you capture will probably be rediculously big. So get rendering/editing software. James and I use Sonic Foundry's Vegas Video 4. As you can see James and I started at about the same time and helped each other figure it all out.

Once in your software, put the videos in whatever order you want, add effects, and transitions, music, bla bla bla, this is where your creativity comes into play.

Then Render it, you don't go to save, cuz that will save the project, render is where you choose your file formats, and sizes and all that good stuff, then render it might take a while.

If you need any help PM me or IM em at UBettaRecognize5, Vegas Video is a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, its pretty easy. Although some of the things I've done take a while to learn.

Got Sileighty?
10-07-2003, 07:29 PM
:aw: <ahem> where are the other volumes?? <ahem> :D

Bbandit
10-07-2003, 07:40 PM
damn kid.. i bow down to your editing skills
but yea.. they dont make dazzle dvc80 anymore :(

KiDyNomiTe
10-07-2003, 07:54 PM
OMG don't you just hate it when you type sumthing up and it says error and then you have to start all over.

On my other volumes. They are all lost. My second hd crapped out on me and I lost em. 1 and 2 sucked, 3 was where I started doing decent. 4 and 5 are on file planet. 6 is here (http://www.silviaparts.com/gt3vol6.wmv) , 7 is above.

Volume 4 (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/121930.shtml)
Volume 5 (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/125576.shtml)

You need a fileplanet account, and you have to wait:rolleyes: .

If anyone has Volumes 1, 2, or 3 on thier comps, IM me at ubettarecognize5 and send em over. I plan on rerendering them as .wmv cuz its smaller.

Sooner or later I will get a website, hopefully around the relase of GT4. Then I will host em myself, so I don't kill anyones bandwith.

Thanks for the compliments bbandit, sucks they dont make dvc 80 anymore. I see the newer dazzle stuff, a lot bigger and seems more complicated. There has to be some cheap alternative out there.

boro240
10-07-2003, 08:46 PM
my new favorite GT3 drift car is the S14 Kouki Monster. one of the most well balanced cars in the game.

Flybert
10-08-2003, 12:45 AM
Try drifting the motorsport elise. It's freaking awesome. I remember the stock viper in GT1 use to be a good drifter too. Use to set insano times on the mini autumn ring with it. They gotta bring that **** back.

Got Sileighty?
10-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
OMG don't you just hate it when you type sumthing up and it says error and then you have to start all over.

On my other volumes. They are all lost. My second hd crapped out on me and I lost em. 1 and 2 sucked, 3 was where I started doing decent. 4 and 5 are on file planet. 6 is here (http://www.silviaparts.com/gt3vol6.wmv) , 7 is above.

Volume 4 (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/121930.shtml)
Volume 5 (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/125576.shtml)

You need a fileplanet account, and you have to wait:rolleyes: .

If anyone has Volumes 1, 2, or 3 on thier comps, IM me at ubettarecognize5 and send em over. I plan on rerendering them as .wmv cuz its smaller.

Sooner or later I will get a website, hopefully around the relase of GT4. Then I will host em myself, so I don't kill anyones bandwith.

Thanks for the compliments bbandit, sucks they dont make dvc 80 anymore. I see the newer dazzle stuff, a lot bigger and seems more complicated. There has to be some cheap alternative out there.

cool, thanks. ill be DLing those when i get home. hopefully theyll inspire me to play gt3 some more:)