PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problems.. AGAIN.

RyanS13
03-24-2011, 06:33 PM
So about ~4000 miles ago I changed my clutch out in the s13 and its been doing fine.

Today leaving school everything started good and I drove about a mile and the stopped at the light and the car wouldn't go into gear. I tried everything but it wouldn't go in.

So I turned the car off and put it in gear and started it in gear and it started rolling and made a real loud grinding noise until I took my foot all the way off the pedal.

It did this the entire way home and just won't go into gear whenever its stopped. I have to turn the car off, and put it in gear, then restart the car in gear and it makes a real loud grinding noise.

What could this be? It just did it all of a sudden out of no where.

JDMwannaBE
03-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Sounds like your clutch isn't engaging. Check your fluid level first before you start taking things apart. look under the car for leaks around the clutch lines or the slave cylinder. A sudden leak can cause this, it happened to me, and ended up being my slave cylinder cracked open at the rubber boot.

RyanS13
03-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Sounds like your clutch isn't engaging. Check your fluid level first before you start taking things apart. look under the car for leaks around the clutch lines or the slave cylinder. A sudden leak can cause this, it happened to me, and ended up being my slave cylinder cracked open at the rubber boot.

The master cylinders full. Thats the first thing I checked.

JDMwannaBE
03-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Ok, good. Do you have good/normal feeling pressure in your clutch pedal?

RyanS13
03-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Ok, good. Do you have good/normal feeling pressure in your clutch pedal?

I think it might feel a little bit different but that just might be me imagining stuff because its not going right. But if it is different, its definitely not anything too noticeable.

240_sxcoupes13
03-24-2011, 07:06 PM
had this EXACT same problem with my z32 when i installed a new clutch, ended up replacing everything down to the pivot ball without any success, turned out one of the clutch discs was backwards and the clutch destroyed itself. might not be your problem but check for metal flakes inside the bellhousing if you can remove the clutch fork boot and have a peek inside.

JDMwannaBE
03-24-2011, 07:10 PM
^^^^this is a good point. did you install it or have it done? only thing left to do is take the thing out and give it look. good luck man, sorry i wasn't much help

RyanS13
03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
^^^^this is a good point. did you install it or have it done? only thing left to do is take the thing out and give it look. good luck man, sorry i wasn't much help

I installed it myself, but the thing is its been working without problems for the last few thousand miles so I don't know. Its frustrating.

jholman
03-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Any weird noises when it happened?