PDA

View Full Version : S14 SR20DET Wiring questions. No voltage to MAF

S14_Kouki
03-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Whats up guys. Well I just installed my S14 SR in my AE86, car starts and runs amazing but as soon as I go over 3k (I assume, havent hooked up tach yet) it starts detonating and falling in revs. I checked my MAF and im not getting any voltage. I put 12v to signal wire and opened throttle and it ran perfect up top, so I know for sure it's the MAF.

I have the MAF hooked up to some wires by my ignitor.

White has continuity going to pin #27 on ECU
Black has continuity going to pin #26 on ECU
Pin #4 on MAF is going to White
Pin #3 on MAF is going to Black
Pin #2 on MAF is going to Unsleeved ground

Here is a picture.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/O_o-/IMG_2955.jpg

I also have a question about the ECU relay. It turns on and works but my colors on the relay differ from the ones listed in the FSM on page EC-113.
They say B/W, R/B, R, R.
Mine are Blue, B/W, B/R, B

Now I noticed these wires in a loom not going anywhere and they match the colors "supposed" to be for the ECU relay. This is how I got the harness from Japan BTW.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/O_o-/IMG_2953.jpg

This is everything I know about the wires so far.

GRAY SLEEVE - Black - White | No voltage - car running
RED - Injector power
Black/Red - 14v - car running
Black/White - 15v - car running
Green/Orange - 2.8v - car running
Red/Black - No voltage - car running
Green/Yellow - No voltage - car running
Green/Red - No voltage - car running

Please ask questions, im stumped lol

bb4_96
03-24-2011, 09:53 PM
just a guess the wires in the last pic go to the engine to chassis harness connector?

maf wiring doesn't sound right you are wiring stock maf right?.

S14_Kouki
03-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I believe so, not 100%, haven't ohm'd out wires yet. Wires to the MAF? Ya it's a stock 69F01 with a hacked down S13 plug. plug is making secure contact with MAF pins.

bb4_96
03-25-2011, 05:31 AM
Well the wires you show are sheilded together, and going to the correct pins from what you describe per the fsm, so if there is continuity but no voltage something else is wrong.

per ec-113 fsm:
pin 2: should have continuity with pin 49 on ecu via black/white wire.
pin 3: should have continuity with pin 26 on ecu via black shielded wire.
pin 4: should have continuity with pin 27 on ecu via white shielded wire.
shielding braid should be grounded.

If you can't get voltage between the white/black wires whith the car running something else is wrong. Also what is the shielding braid wired to in the picture?

Black240Ct
03-25-2011, 05:38 AM
that 'shielding' wire shouldn't be wired to a ground for your maf.. that gets spliced into the ground in your harness on the harness side.. not the side next to the maf wire..

the black wire in the shielding is your ground.. the white in the shielding is your signal..

and the black/ white stripe next to the shielded wires is your maf power.. i see a B/W wire sitting in your pic... test that for power and connect that to your maf power.

"Pin #2 on MAF is going to Unsleeved ground"
i think thats your issue there.. that unsleeved ground should go to any maf pins

S14_Kouki
03-25-2011, 09:00 AM
that 'shielding' wire shouldn't be wired to a ground for your maf.. that gets spliced into the ground in your harness on the harness side.. not the side next to the maf wire..

the black wire in the shielding is your ground.. the white in the shielding is your signal..

and the black/ white stripe next to the shielded wires is your maf power.. i see a B/W wire sitting in your pic... test that for power and connect that to your maf power.

"Pin #2 on MAF is going to Unsleeved ground"
i think thats your issue there.. that unsleeved ground should go to any maf pins
Ok, did everything you said. Now it's almost like the opposite. Car idles kinda crappy, missing a little, and smoking (light white). Only clears up when partial throttle and it almost seems like when it's getting into boost it dies. Then I unplug the MAF and it idles fine and stops smoking?

Black240Ct
03-25-2011, 09:14 AM
sure you have the correct maf? what ecu are u using

S14_Kouki
03-25-2011, 09:26 AM
I just swapped out ECU's. With the MAF connected it no longer smokes and revs freely with no major problems. But cannot hold an idle for some reason :(. My IACV is open maby this is why?

Ilya
03-25-2011, 10:12 AM
make sure you sand off the copper-colored stuff off the wires before you solder them, its an insulator and does not create a good contact if left be. If not now, later down the road you will have issues with it

Come on electronics 101 stuff right here.

Black240Ct
03-25-2011, 10:41 AM
sounds like you may have a kouki SR ecu, that needs a kouki sr maf.

as for the idle now.. did you check for vacc leaks and did you check timing?

S14_Kouki
03-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Yep kouki MAF and I assume ECU. I have 2 vac lines open under the TB a tiny one and a large one are open, but I have the same problem when I cap them off. Also like I said my IACV is open also, but that shouldn't cause anything cause it's 80 in FL lol. On another note it will idle fine after I drive it around for a bit.

Off topic this thing is retarded fast on only 7pnds. I had to change my wastegate main VAC feed cause I thought it was running over 7pnds lol.