PDA

View Full Version : Tein Basic Coilovers...How Low Can You Go?

slidewinder240
03-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Sry if this has been asked already. I googlated it and didnt find anything on here so I figured I would just ask. I know Tein makes some of the best coilovers in the history of forever but what about the Basic Coilovers? I've seen them for around 800. I've heard tuning is limited but ride height is adjustable. Anybody have a set? How low can they go and do they have that Tein reliability?

statickx991
03-23-2011, 09:49 PM
ive heard very mixed reviews about them. but for the price id check out the max coilovers

slidewinder240
03-23-2011, 10:15 PM
ive heard rly good things about pbms and seen a lot of s14s with them. i kno that cheaping on coilovers is a baaad idea but that $200 is big and i can do without camber tuning.

daftphunk
03-24-2011, 01:54 AM
Depends on how low you wanna go I guess.

I have Tein Basics on my car. I have not had any other coilovers on my car before. I haven't really rode in anybody else's car to really compare them either. BUT, I can say that these are decent enough for daily driving.

I don't have them maxed out all the way, but I am about 2-3 inches off the ground right now and scrape over minor bumps. I am putting wheels on this weekend and will max my coils out and we will see how low they will get.

Jared0934
03-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Like staticx991 said, if you want to go real low and still have a street/competition ready coils definitely check out Powered By MAX's coilovers they just came out with a new competition set of coils that look pretty sick.

xxoreolovexx
03-27-2011, 01:53 PM
ive heard rly good things about pbms and seen a lot of s14s with them. i kno that cheaping on coilovers is a baaad idea but that $200 is big and i can do without camber tuning.
Well I would get lowering springs then. The point of a coilover is to be able to "tune" your suspension. IMO tein basics which i had for all of a month blow. they suck bad. If you only want to spend like $800 i would go with megan, ksport, or find a used set that are in good condition. IMHO though PBM'S are the way to go man. They will put you on the ground if you want. BUT I would get a set of springs eventually because they are a little rough. I hear that using 6k all the way around is super comfortable.

I LUV MY S13
03-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Look on "Rides gallery" and you'll see how low my car is

Dany
05-15-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm thinking of gettin tein basics also but im also thinking of gettin the function and form type 2 coils. Idk wat to pick :(

slammed04tsx
05-16-2012, 06:09 AM
i put pbm's on my lexus and lowered it to the point it scraped on flat ground and they still rode amazing! i would look into them i had some basic's on my kouki and they did not go very low and ride wasn't near as good