PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

singlecamslam
03-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Ok so i'm an idiot, i sold a car back on 08 and didnt do the release of liability form because i had to go to the DMV and grab one and i was lazy. In the mail today i get a ticket for 300 dollars, parking and expired tags. I dont remember who i sold it to, so am i fucked? I'm going to the dmv in a bit, but i dont even know what to say, i feel like they will just tell me to fuck off. What should i do? I'm broke as a joke and some peace of shit fuck is out there with my car and will probably get another ticket.
I sold the car with a bill of sale, because if i remember correctly i was the second selling party so the back was already filled out. Any help is appreciated.

repda916
03-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Ok so i'm an idiot, i sold a car back on 08 and didnt do the release of liability form because i had to go to the DMV and grab one and i was lazy. In the mail today i get a ticket for 300 dollars, parking and expired tags. I dont remember who i sold it to, so am i fucked? I'm going to the dmv in a bit, but i dont even know what to say, i feel like they will just tell me to fuck off. What should i do? I'm broke as a joke and some peace of shit fuck is out there with my car and will probably get another ticket.
I sold the car with a bill of sale, because if i remember correctly i was the second selling party so the back was already filled out. Any help is appreciated.
write another bill of sale, they dont know who you sold it to just like you dont know who you sold it to.

singlecamslam
03-22-2011, 02:07 PM
I have to put someones name on the bill of sale, i cant just make someone up.

driftsilvias13
03-22-2011, 02:46 PM
You could have just filled a release of liability form online

Tantwoforty
03-22-2011, 03:44 PM
you can go and fight it at the dmv, and probably in court aswell..
but you may be fucked...
hopefully someone with some experance in this will chime in with some usefull information.

statickx991
03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
honestly id take it to court and explain what happened. they should let you go and explain to you what to do

singlecamslam
03-22-2011, 03:58 PM
well an update. At the DMV they told me to fill out a release of liability so i did. Even though i dont remember who or what i sold it to. All i know is the plate. Did that and sent a letter back to the parking people that explains the situation. Now we play the mail waiting game.

To everyone: dont be a lazy idiot like me and not fill out the release of liability form, driftsilvia13 even says you can do it online, which i didnt know haha. Lesson learned.

stinky_180
03-22-2011, 04:03 PM
nevermind......